1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Kevin Greene

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Feb 1, 2013.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I would say no given what I know

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Haven't seen any mention of him interviewing anywhere. Though his HOF rejection could be hiding results.

Wait, rumors to Auburn.

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    And one might say that the Loyalty to Dom hasn't advanced his career and his prospects have dried up as a result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Kevin would tell you he is loyal if you got to talk to him ;)

5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Loyalty only goes so far?

6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Both Greene and Witt are rumored as Auburn DC possibilities, if not high on the list according to one source:

http://trackemtigers.com/?p=3058

7. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    It's the only job I've seen him linked to.

8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,456
    Man LTF - this is like a giant puzzle you're dangling in front of us!

I like Greene a lot. I loved watching him play, I still remember his line about the cold prior to the 1996 championship game. I think that he's been an outstanding position coach for Green Bay, and helps provide that attitude that a defense needs. Remember him telling Clay to go be the difference maker in the Super Bowl, and a few plays later Matthews helped force the fumble on Mendenhall?

There aren't many ways for Greene to move up in the organization unless Moss and/or Capers left...or as indicated above, Green left with Capers. However, it does seem late in the coaching game to lose your DC. To answer the initial question, I would be upset as we'd be losing one of the guys that you want to keep. It actually reminds me a bit of the Jim Bates saga. He seemed like a great DC but he wanted to be the head honcho, so he split.

9. Whatthehellsgoinonouthere

Whatthehellsgoinonouthere Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +69
    I can honestly see Green as the D.C. next year so I'd want him to stay

10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,839
    Zoiks!

The guy only has 4 years as a position coach. Let him season for a few years and coach a few more positions.

I like the attitude he brings to the sideline, but I just don't see him as a 'schemer'. His promotion can be to coach all LBs or something. Have Moss move to full time assistant HC.

11. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    What exactly has he done that would warrant a promotion? Clay has been great under him but Clay might be great under anyone because he is that natural of an athlete. Clay is also mostly a rusher, I want to know how he coaches coverage because Walden sucks in coverage though that could just be walden sucking at everything because he is not good. I wouldn't want to take credit for the rest of that linebacker group. Walden? Zombo? Awful. Perry hasn't played enough to judge him on.

I have no idea what positives or negatives he is responsible for so I really don't want to hear any calls for him to be promoted without some concrete reasons why he should be a DC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    I get the impression it has less to do with Kevin and more to do with their dislike of Capers

13. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,456
    I agree that most of don't know enough about him, but I'm sure that MM and TT have a decent clue.

My only comments about how he coaches Walden and Zombo are that he's taken a #1 pick and made him into a superstar, but he has struggled to get consistent production out of two street free agents. Giving him Perry to work with, or even just a mid-rounder or two, would be a better gauge. Then again, in an ideal world you want coaches that can turn anyone into a star. Unfortunately, those coaches are rarer than rare

14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The question is whether he coached Clay into a star or whether he would have been one anyway. I think the latter.

Anyway, I don't see anyone advocating him leaving, just questioning whether he has done enough to warrant a promotion.