Kevin Durant Injures Achilles

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of Kevin Durant (that may change after tonight), but I was impressed that he put his body on the line for his team as the Golden State Warriors faced elimination in the NBA Finals in Toronto. Durant had been out with a calf injury for a month, and no one knew when or if he was going to play again. He scored 11 points in 12 minutes before leaving with an injured achilles in the second quarter, and the Warriors ended up winning by one point. As someone on the team said, they needed every one of his points. They're probably just delaying the inevitable, but still.

There's been a lot of speculation that Durant will leave the Warriors this off season, so for him to risk injury to his body for them was impressive. Hopefully this won't affect his career going forward.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
His was a very fortunate injury for Toronto in my opinion. Have to admit that I wasn't too impressed with the supposed kinder/gentler Canadian fans cheering his injury - I suppose every fan base has "those guys".

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to admit that I wasn't too impressed with the supposed kinder/gentler Canadian fans cheering his injury - I suppose every fan base has "those guys".
Wow, I guess there are posters out here on the outer fringes of the forum.

Anyway, not very classy on the part of Toronto fans. But to be fair, by the time they were walking him off the floor, they were chanting "K.D.". Takes all kinds, I guess.

Klay Thomspon got knocked out of game 6 with a torn ACL. The Warriors were so banged up, I almost thought I was watching the Packers out there for a minute.

Members online

Latest posts