Keston Hiura

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he’s certainly an improvement over the struggling Shaw. That said, Shaw is to good to stay mired in a slump. When he comes off DL, Counsell will have a decision to make. So far, Hiura has been impressive.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, he’s certainly an improvement over the struggling Shaw. That said, Shaw is to good to stay mired in a slump. When he comes off DL, Counsell will have a decision to make. So far, Hiura has been impressive.

I was thinking this too...frankly, I don't know that it would be a tough decision. He would have to go with the hot hand and Travis is kinda all or nothing at the plate.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In the Braves series.. I heard he's hit 8 for 11. This kid is a hitter... He'll work out any "glove" issues he's had.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking this too...frankly, I don't know that it would be a tough decision. He would have to go with the hot hand and Travis is kinda all or nothing at the plate.
Yeah Travis never worked his way outta the slump. Aguillar is finally hitting. Hiura against the Braves was unreal. He has some defensive issues, but his hitting more than overcomes that when it comes to W or L.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Travis never worked his way outta the slump. Aguillar is finally hitting. Hiura against the Braves was unreal. He has some defensive issues, but his hitting more than overcomes that when it comes to W or L.
I have watched about 10 or 12 games so far with TNFG. In fact, I thought he made some pretty good defensive plays.I have yet to see him make a defensive error. Is it overblown or did i just happen to miss games where he screws up?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have watched about 10 or 12 games so far with TNFG. In fact, I thought he made some pretty good defensive plays.I have yet to see him make a defensive error. Is it overblown or did i just happen to miss games where he screws up?
I think it’s overblown. I read an article this AM questioning his defense, but with no specifics. I guess there’s an expectation that if a guy can come in and bat 300 plus with a lot of extra-base hits, he must also possess a Golden Glove. I’ve watched about the same number of games and haven’t seen any errors. Writers gotta write about something.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hiura seems to be the real deal as a batter, given that he is second behind Yelich in most of the key batting percentages.

While I haven't watched every game he has played in, his fielding has lived up to expectations, nothing too stellar, a few mistakes, but all forgivable with what he can do at the plate.

I am hoping they move Hiura up in the batting order, would like to see him bat #2 behind Cain and follow that up with Yelich at #3. I like Lo Cain leading off, but Hiura's OBP of .383 makes me want to give him a shot to get on base before Yeli hits.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
WonderBoy knocked one out today. Besides that a 14 game hitting streak in 40 games.

This kid might look good in bronze

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This guy is legit! It isn't just what he is doing at the plate, it is how he is doing it. Some of those pitches he is hitting, are really good pitches. Last nights HR was a good example of just how well Keston is seeing the ball and making the right swing and contact.

"That is an absurd piece of hitting. Kimbrel left the two-strike curveball up a little bit, but the only thing Hiura could do with that pitch was drive it the other way, and drive it the other way he did"

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...with-walk-off-home-run-against-craig-kimbrel/

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He just knocked out a 2 run homer. Now I have to ask ... Who's pitching for the Crew?:roflmao:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts