Kentrell Brice

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always leery of overreacting but it seems like Bryce is always throwing himself around and getting in someone else's way.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gute isn't on the Phone in the next 24 hrs. with Eric Reid or any of the other 100 free agents that are better than Brice, then keeping him around to do more of what he did (didn't do) today is on Gute.

Yeah but what if Eric Reid plays well but then occasionally kneels for the anthem? Might hurt some feelings in the stands, a very sensitive bunch.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah but what if Eric Reid plays well but then occasionally kneels for the anthem? Might hurt some feelings in the stands, a very sensitive bunch.
Without opening up the obvious political side of that, I think if Eric Reid Played well, most fans wouldn't care or would choose to overlook what they find offensive. I would also be surprised to see him continue with kneeling, but you never know.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Before we hang Brice up by his ears and beat him with the stupid stick, I thought I'd venture down memory lane for a comparison.
Can you guess who this is? This boards analysis of his draft.
just what we didnt need, a guy who doesnt tackle well, a guy who plays soft coverage and tries to use his speed to make up for the cushion, and of course as mentaly challenged as our wide out fergie.
a great big 9 on the wonderlick
then lets pull a sherman special and draft him at least one round too early and maybe even three rounds too early. sporting news had him at 150 in the late 5th round.
And from year two:
The entire team played badly today, but if anyone can be singled out it would be our safeties, Collins and Manuel. They have been horrible all year long, and the Patriots were smart enough to go right at them in this game, throwing deep passes down the middle early and often. That's what got things rolling for them.

Collins was solid in run protection throughout the year but I agree he did not live up to expectations in the passing game until the end of the season. He needs to be coached.

Nick Collins
I keep hoping Rouse will start to learn the system and get better and better... and maybe eventually overtake Nick Collins as the starting Strong Safety. Can you imagine Bigby and Rouse as our starting safeties? Scary!
Yep, just like now only change the names of the players and posters.

And of course this "excellent" analysis and prognostication thread.

Along with these gems.
Is he still #1 on the depth chart or will Rouse replace him? The guy kind of peaked at average.

Collins is a nice player, but he isn't the impact player they thought he would be. Rouse is going to be an impact player just as Bigby has been

Yeah, I'd give Brice a bit more time.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Before we hang Brice up by his ears and beat him with the stupid stick, I thought I'd venture down memory lane for a comparison.

And from year two:

Along with these gems.

Good walk down memory lane....thanks.

While I do agree with you, players can come around and should be given adequate time to do so, I guess it boils down to how confident the coaches are that his mistakes are easily correctable and where they predict him to be over time. However, I am sure you could find similar posts about players who never did make it, despite coaches continually hoping that they would.

I'm fine with a guy like Brice given a chance to play on special teams and spot duty at safety, but not as a starter at S. It's September, you don't wait until the trade deadline passes and/or the other viable FA options are gone. If Breeland works out for the Packers, how many teams in a similar situation with their CB position as the Packers are at S are going to be kicking themselves because they didn't sign Breeland when they could have?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And from year two:

Along with these gems.

I just watched highlights of that Cowboys game everyone was hating on Collins in 07. I get why they were, but even before that he showed a lot more than Brice ever has. I remember he had a pick 6 against the Bears NYE in 06. People were down on him because he was a high pick. Brice isn't, he's just not good.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm fine with a guy like Brice given a chance to play on special teams and spot duty at safety, but not as a starter at S. It's September, you don't wait until the trade deadline passes and/or the other viable FA options are gone.

Unfortunately there aren't any viable options available in free agency to improve the safety position.

I’ll say this...

Brice is playin better than HaHa.

You're wrong about that.

Members online

Latest posts