Kenny Clark

D

Deleted member 6794

I couldn’t agree more. You’ve heard me be vocal about (in print ;)) addressing the Offense. There’s many ways to skin a resource cat. Trades, the Draft, FA etc.. I believe GB will use some of those resources at either WR, TE and not surprised if they were to hit both early.

However, we need to shore up our DL alongside Clark. Another option would be to double down at a D position mid-draft similar to what we did at RB a few years ago or grab a more proven answer in FA.

The defense might significantly improve by upgrading the inside linebacker position as well. It's possible there's no need to spend big on a DL in free agency.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense might significantly improve by upgrading the inside linebacker position as well. It's possible there's no need to spend big on a DL in free agency.

I generally agree with this.

If I have a wish list, I'd like...

1. A typical run-plugger, worthless in the pass game, 350 NT. I'd like him to about average. It'd be nice if he could offer a little rush, but not something the is necessary. My hope and goal for this player is to eat up some of Kenny Clark's snaps on first down between the 20s. And/or allow Kenny to play some more 3T on in between downs.

2. A mid-round pick in the vein of a Kampman/Daniels player to grow into the 3T rusher role.
No. 1 might be able to be had in free agency. There's probably a Grady Jackson type player somewhere getting fat who's good for a season or two.

No. 2 is more or less a draft necessity. We want this guy cheap. Maybe we already have this guy in Keke. But you can never have enough pass rushers, so lets get some more.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man...... If big mo wilkerson didn't break his leg ... We would've been so sooooo much better off... He was the guy Imo...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more. You’ve heard me be vocal about (in print ;)) addressing the Offense. There’s many ways to skin a resource cat. Trades, the Draft, FA etc.. I believe GB will use some of those resources at either WR, TE and not surprised if they were to hit both early.

However, we need to shore up our DL alongside Clark. Another option would be to double down at a D position mid-draft similar to what we did at RB a few years ago or grab a more proven answer in FA.

The good thing about drafting linemen. Is you do hit on a stud in the 3-5 rounds... If you are playing the numbers....

The offense needs to protect Rodgers. Plain and simple. They need another stud accross from Adams. So the draft seems like the offense is due for some draft capital. Future RT. Not a project!!! And a couple more interior guys in the mid rounds. Imo... And a wr in the 2nd Rd. Imo

Dline.... ?

I know the cap doesn't allow it without some heavy losses. But both the smiths are sweet. And we have Gary sitting learning.... or whatever.... One of the three seems like trade bait to me....

May have some dead cap from a trade. Bit I'm speculating a young double digits sacks , olb with 3 years left on the contract ??? Maybe you could pull two first round picks for a Smith..... And get two 1st round rookie salaries(cheaper) to help justify the dead cap lost...?

Or trade Gary? Maybe another team who had their eye on Gary could see that the Smith's we're both home runs... And there's no place for Gary anymore? Give us fair trade value. High 1st or 1st and 2nd Rd picks....

I don't know...

I do know for sure, I want a bunch of high picks to fill out both the lines... This year... I want to see some high value tackles added to the mix. Or a big dominant nose.

D

Deleted member 6794

Man...... If big mo wilkerson didn't break his leg ... We would've been so sooooo much better off... He was the guy Imo...

Wilkerson didn't have a huge impact even before the injury last season.

I know the cap doesn't allow it without some heavy losses. But both the smiths are sweet. And we have Gary sitting learning.... or whatever.... One of the three seems like trade bait to me....

May have some dead cap from a trade. Bit I'm speculating a young double digits sacks , olb with 3 years left on the contract ??? Maybe you could pull two first round picks for a Smith..... And get two 1st round rookie salaries(cheaper) to help justify the dead cap lost...?

Or trade Gary? Maybe another team who had their eye on Gary could see that the Smith's we're both home runs... And there's no place for Gary anymore? Give us fair trade value. High 1st or 1st and 2nd Rd picks....

There's absolutely no reason for the Packers to even consider trading either Preston or Zadarius as both have outperformed expectations.

It's way too early to give up on Gary as well. In addition Gutekunst wouldn't be able to receive a first rounder in return because his stock has definitely dropped after hardly playing at all during his rookie campaign.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, the Packers wouldn't get much in a trade for Gary. With his lack of production this season, GM's aren't going to put a premium on his combine workout. You are looking at a 4th round pick for him. If he gets 5 sacks the rest of the season, then maybe he could be traded. Otherwise, most GM's aren't going to risk much on a guy who looks like a bust so far.

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point, the Packers wouldn't get much in a trade for Gary. With his lack of production this season, GM's aren't going to put a premium on his combine workout. You are looking at a 4th round pick for him. If he gets 5 sacks the rest of the season, then maybe he could be traded. Otherwise, most GM's aren't going to risk much on a guy who looks like a bust so far.

While Gary's rookie season has been disappointing there's no reason for the Packers to give up on their highest picks in years after only one season.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts