1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kendyl Jacox Guard

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pack4life, May 12, 2006.

1. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    was on NFL.com reading up on the top 5 free agents at this point before the June 1st cuts, they mentioned Kendyl Jacox who could play guard or center and even said he was a possibility with Green Bay...what are your thoughts?

Kendyl Jacox, G

He's versatile, able to play either of the guard positions or center. A four-year starter at left guard with New Orleans, Jacox is a wide-body who can combat huge defensive tackles. He's strong and has decent feet. If there's a knock on him it's that he can get heavy. He's listed as 6-2, 325, but his weight can become an issue. Apparently, so can his height. One scout called him "a bit undersized" because of his height. He has a reputation as an above-average pass blocker, which should make him attractive to someone looking for offensive-line help. "He can start," said a personnel director, "or slide in as the sixth man on a good offensive line. He'll help someone." It could be Green Bay.

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely is not mobile enough but experience is a plus

3. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So how much would it cost to look at him? Frankly, I've never heard his name before. If the Saints cut him, how good can he be? Of course, all he has to be is better than one guard that we have.

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And that wouldn't take much. The problem is he just does not fit the system.

Is Matt Stinchcomb still out there. I think he is. Jeno James will possibly be a June 1st casualty as well.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the last thing we need is another overweight guard for our system.

6. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    never heard of him

7. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard of him, just because I play Madden and I noticed him on there. He's ok, but too fat and slow for what we are trying to accomplish in our O-Line system.

8. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i checked out madden and not that it really means anything necisarrily but he is an 85 overall

9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    :wink:

10. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But Madden is technologically advanced beyond earth, arrow. It is more than you can comprehend with 100% of your brain. :lol:

I've been waiting a while to take a shot at the mooninites sig.

11. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    bahahaha...

"Your jambox is now his, by way of our actions."

"Yeah, with actions."

12. DeusNova

DeusNova Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's a mediocre guard at best, but he would add some experience to our inexperienced offensive line.