Karlos Dansby

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reportedly the Cardinals are now willing to let Dansby go unrestricted.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Report: Cards prepared to let Dansby test market

I know the competition is going to be tough against teams who need MLB's like the Giants, Eagles, Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins etc. but this is a Free Agent that is WORTH pursuing. Although we do have beef against him for our wild-card loos we need him for this 3-4 defense to take the next step. Although it's tough and many won't agree with me, Dansby seems like the most obvious choice right now.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather pay Dansby than over pay Hawk. Our inside LB position is not very strong, Barnett is serviceable and able to play every down, but Hawk/Bishop/Chillar are not the answer. In a 3-4 defense the LBs are the core that makes the system work.

Dansby would be a big upgrade for this defense, a difference maker Hawk was supposed to be.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather pay Dansby than over pay Hawk. Our inside LB position is not very strong, Barnett is serviceable and able to play every down, but Hawk/Bishop/Chillar are not the answer. In a 3-4 defense the LBs are the core that makes the system work.

Dansby would be a big upgrade for this defense, a difference maker Hawk was supposed to be.
I agree with what you said, except about Barnett.

Serviceable is an understatement. If you take the tape when Barnett was still coming off injury, then yes.

But if you look at the end of the season tape, then what you have is a great player that would start in most of the teams.

If Barnett had the whole season like he played in the end of 2009, then he'd be a pro bowler.

Is he Willis or Lewis? No.

But serviceable is too depreciative.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always wary of teams that "let a player go" without much of a fight.

Sure, a consistently winning team cannot sign everybody, but still.

I still will implore TT to sign stud O-lineman and I couldn't care less if it is a guard, center or tackle. You protect your QB in the NFL and have outstanding offensive schemes and skill players like Green Bay has, and you win Super Bowls.

Imagine, Rodgers' protection not breaking down at the crucial instant that it did in the desert - we'd probably be talking about Minnesota as Super Bowl champs and if not them, probably Green Bay.

Latest posts