Kampman

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we would re-sign him before we worry about some free agent signing of guys that all have questions. Don't see anything out there better than him.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has been trying to resign him, but that's not going to happen before free agency starts. Kampman obviously wants to sit back and see what offers come in now that the cap has been raised.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt Kampman absolutely wants to see what the market brings. I have said in other posts that getting a CBA deal done was in out best interests in the long run, in this case, it will probably end up hurting us.

Some team may very well offer him more than he's worth.

I like Kampman. I like a guy that works his tail off to become a good player. But I also have doubts that he is capable of getting a whole lot better.

He's a reliable player that will give you 100% but not the type of guy that will consistantly put pressure on, or, create havok on the offense play in play out.

Neither he or KGB can be counted on to make that play on third down that put's enough pressure on the QB to create that needed incompletion. They may do it. They may not.

The really, really good DE's, will make the QB earn whatever he get's all game long. A constant thorn in the side.

I would still like to see him signed but with the extra $ out there it's a good chance someone will pay him like a ten to twelve sack type guy. He got 61/2 for us last year. Somewhere between that and eight is about all you will get.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers DL Aaron Kampman new contract with the team has $12 million total guaranteed The guaranteed money includes an $8 million signing bonus, a $3 million roster bonus, a $900,000 base salary, and a $105,720 workout bonus, all payable in 2006. He will take up $6.005 million of cap space this year, then $4 million (2007), $5 million (2008), and $6 million (2009). Kampman will have base salaries of $900,000 (2006), $1.9 million (2007), $2.9 million (2008), and $3.9 million (2009). He also will have a $100,000 workout bonus each of those years.

Watch the cap page!!

Reaction score
Interesting. I say that is a solid contract, for a solid player (and one of our core players). Well done TT, I doubted you, but you proved to come through in the clutch and keep a well liked player, and for a very decent contract too!

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Interesting. I say that is a solid contract, for a solid player (and one of our core players). Well done TT, I doubted you, but you proved to come through in the clutch and keep a well liked player, and for a very decent contract too!

I'd like to add : a Packers player

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
ok cool good money spent
You can say that again.

Zero - nice one to bring back. I was glad when Kampman was resigned. Funny thing though, I knew he was solid against the run, but thought we could only expect five sacks a year from him. Boy was I wrong. :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts