Kampman the man on defense

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where would this defense be without Aaron Kampmann? With all due respect to the other members of the defensive line, Kampmann makes this unit work. He has become a great player. When a play needs to be made, more often than not, he's at the forefront of that great play. I think the guy has the chance to go down as one of our legendary best. I believe there will be a day when we'll look at him as this generations Willie Davis. He can be right up there noted as one of the best players to ever play defense at Green Bay. And here is the key, he's still developing. I don't think we've seen his best yet.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Agreed the Kampman is the lynch pin, but the overall depth and the versitility of a couple members on the DLine are probably a bigger reason that they continue to click.

One goes out and another comes in.. without much of a beat missed.

Don't forget about Pickett... dude is a monster in the middle.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pickett does not get the credit he deserves for sure 93. Because he doesnt have the sack numbers or tackles it gets over looked. But the way that guy plays is pretty crazy. Just watch a defensive series with him in the middle. It takes two guys almost everytime.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't misunderstand this string, I didn't mean to under estimate the value of the other guys on the line. I'm simply saying that Kampmann has become a great player.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Don't misunderstand this string, I didn't mean to under estimate the value of the other guys on the line. I'm simply saying that Kampmann has become a great player.

Maybe I misread the intent of your post... I concur Kampy has become a great player...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman reminded me of Reggie White, the way he was throwing that fat guy around like a rag doll. Too bad nobody else was getting much pressure in the second half, or Kampman would've had another sack or two. He was consistently destroying the right side of the pocket. Let's hope for a speedy return for KGB!

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman was beasting.....the whole game he was pushing the fat dude into kitna or nocking him over and getting a hit on kitna

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman bent that fat guy BACKWARDS yesterday, like Kampman really wanted to see him do the limbo. Kampman has a mean streak, like most of the players on this team. Man...scary stuff.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman for Defensive Player of the Year???

I think right now he has a strong case.

He should have gotten consideration last year considering he led all DL in both sacks and tackles.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about Kamp and he's goes balls out every play but what would happen if he got pissed and really tried. When I watched the game again last night I noticed than after raiola chop blocked him Kamp just went off the next play and sacked kitna. The man is a beast !!

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Leads the NFL in Sacks with 11.

Mind you, He has played one more game than Mike Vrabell of New England (9.5) and Jared Allen of Kansas City (9.5)

Look who is tied for Second with Vrabell and Allen.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/leaders/NFL/SCKS/2007/regular

And Cory Williams has 7 as well, damn. They should send some of their fat new contracts over to Pickett/Jolly & co.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it that makes Kampman so good? He doesnt seem overly quick, strong or big. Just seems like a slightly above average player in all areas who works harder than the next man. Is that about right?

Lol, i was just looking at Merrimans stats from last year to this year. 17 sacks in 12 games, 5.5 sacks this year. Look at a before and after pic, looks like he has shrunk since getting off the roids. Hes very average this year. Didnt hear much out of him in the Packer game.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch him every play. He pushes a big lineman back like its nothing. He makes it look so easy it isnt funny

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, he really began to excel last year after putting in extensive off-season training work. The coaches commented on it at the time. I recall that while I applauded his effort and dedication, I couldn't see him becoming much more than a competent DE. What no one could see was the size of his heart. He has it with spades. He's not as impressive looking as Reggie was but he gets full use of every muscle in his body. What can't be measured is how much his leadership affects his line-mates. Nothing but UP with him in there.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
What is it that makes Kampman so good? He doesnt seem overly quick, strong or big. Just seems like a slightly above average player in all areas who works harder than the next man. Is that about right?

Lol, i was just looking at Merrimans stats from last year to this year. 17 sacks in 12 games, 5.5 sacks this year. Look at a before and after pic, looks like he has shrunk since getting off the roids. Hes very average this year. Didnt hear much out of him in the Packer game.

He looks extremely strong for a guy his size ("only" about 270, I think). And he is quick. But mostly he is just really, really hyper out there. He looked like nothing special when he came into the league, but he's gotten a little better each year.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampy is one of the best in the league at using his hands. Not only does he make it hard for OL to get their hands on him by constantly batting at them with his fists, he does a great job of getting his hands underneath their shoulder pads so he can do with them what he wants. He's fun as hell to watch.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Kampy is one of the best in the league at using his hands. Not only does he make it hard for OL to get their hands on him by constantly batting at them with his fists, he does a great job of getting his hands underneath their shoulder pads so he can do with them what he wants. He's fun as hell to watch.

It is amazing what a player can do when they play with leverage... isn't it. I agree he is fun to watch, it seems to mix up his techniques very well keeping the tackle guessing a bit.. inside, outside with speed or getting under them and bull rushing him right back. Good stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts