Kampman slowing down?

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grady Jackson is having a pro bowl season in atlanta. i watch him against the bucs and the announcers said jackson leads all d lineman in the league for tackles for a loss. they also signed him pretty cheap i believe. we shouldn't have burnt that bridge. jackson was fun to watch too.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grady Jackson is having a pro bowl season in atlanta. i watch him against the bucs and the announcers said jackson leads all d lineman in the league for tackles for a loss. they also signed him pretty cheap i believe. we shouldn't have burnt that bridge. jackson was fun to watch too.

I liked Jackson. I'm happy for him, but wish we had him here.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I should've known this would turn into an anti-KGB thread. People sure love to dump on that guy.

The point of the thread was that the Packers don't have anyone to relieve Kampman, but that got twisted around in a hurry. I haven't watched closely enough lately to see how often Kampman is getting chipped. I know that early in the season KGB was the one getting chipped, and Kampman piled up three easy sacks when he was blocked one-on-one by tight ends or running backs. Those days are over.

I hope Yared-Yam was joking when he wrote that KGB is going up against rookie and journeyman tackles game after game. The left tackle is always the opposing team's best pass blocker, and he's gone up against some good ones this season. Walter Jones, for example, is arguably the best pass blocker in the NFL, and for KGB to record a sack and a fumble against him was a significant accomplishment.

Zero said that opposing teams are running rollouts to KGB's side, but I haven't noticed that. It's hard for right-handed QB's to roll out in that direction. (Favre is an exception, because of his freakish ability to throw well without setting his feet properly.) It seems to me that the vast majority of opposing QB's rollouts are still to the right side, as one would expect. Am I missing something?

Good sense, Greg, on every point!! :thumbsup:

My :twocents: is that our D-line is actually doing well, with an effective rotation. Sure we could do with more depth at DE, and without it both AK and KGB are likely to wear down - but this group of players is improving every year.

If we had a few more DBs like Aaron Kampman ... ;)

Chris

Members online

Latest posts