1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Kampman Already Has The Same Number Of Sacks As Last Year!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Oct 23, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    2002- 24 Tackles, 0.5 Sacks
    2003- 29 Tackles, 2 Sacks
    2004- 67 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks
    2005- 81 Tackles, 6.5 Sacks
    2006- 27 Tackles, 6.5 Sacks

Each year he has gotten better and better and it looks like so far he is earning that big check he signed. KGB has only managed 2.5 sacks the same number A.J. Hawk has.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    thats improvement, baby. thats what i have been yakkin on about regarding this team. Kampman is definitely an example of improving, with his fine ***.

he should be a pro bowler this year.

3. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He is very good at pass rushing AND stopping the run

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Kampman Already Has The Same Number Of Sacks As Last Yea

Nice to see get a big contract and then IMPROVE his game!

5. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    People rip on our pass rush a lot, but the problem is Mr. KGB and the DTs. Aaron Kampman is a superstar. I'm not just being a homer. Watch any team play, and only Peppers and Kearse are as good as Kampman on the left side.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Yeah I hope this kampman\contract\TT thing work out...as in..showing other players, "hey, if you work hard, dont be a ********, we will pay you money, like kampman and driver. If not, hit the road, jack!"

7. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I've ridiculed Kampman as much as anyone in the past. I'll admit I'm wrong about him. The guy is talented, but also an overachiever. He works as hard as anyone else on the team and is becoming a leader, IMO. It's great to see a guy get paid and work his arse off even more.

WAY TO GO KAMPY!! Im proud of ya buddy!

8. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kampman would be way better with someone else on the other side of the DLine.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    next year....next year....(when its not so much of a hit to cut KGB, and dont think TT wont do it if he cant trade him)

10. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah, I think we are one more good D-lineman away from having a feared pass rush. I remember in the MS days, linebackers blitzed all the time. That was fun to watch.

11. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love Kampman. Talk about hustle. However, in most the games I've seen this year, KGB has been getting double teamed a lot. THis definately helps Kampman. I know a lot of folks have problems with KGB. I love the guy. He is a hardworker and has a lot of heart. Unfortunately, he is a situational pass rusher. We need a guy for all four downs. I like Gaines Adams out of Clemson in the draft. I don't know about free agents for next season besides Freeney. Anyone got any info???

12. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jared Allen is the only other solid pass rushing DE available in FA next season. Cory Redding from the D is another, but he's barely starter quality.

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's nice to see Kampman have the success and become elite. He's always been one of the smarter DL but never got the stats but hard work has paid off for him.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Well, hopefully this year he will get the stats. 6.5 sacks in only six games is pretty impressive. That would be really cool if he maintains this pace.

15. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting his stats PackerLegend, Kampman is looking great !!!

16. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

31 tackles and 6.5 sacks so far this year.

He's on pace for 83 tackles and 17 sacks. If he ends up somehow accomplishing that feet and doesn't make the pro bowl then itll be a crime.

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

There's no way he won't make the Pro Bowl with those numbers. That would be sweet, especially since Kampman's such a hard-worker and cool guy.

18. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Driver is the over-achiever on the O and Kampman is on the D. Their play should inspire their teammates to push that much harder to succeed. Any good team MUST have guys like that on it. I'm also VERY pleased that Poppinga is learning how to cover. He loves the game too much not to become a star. Just watch him next year. Of course, like everyone, I'm thrilled that Hawk is living up to his potential. He LOVES being a Packer.

19. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like the tag of over-achiever. It sounds like he's playing better than he should. He's actually playing up to his ability and potential. Working hard and preparing are ways to play up to your ability, not over-achieving.

Kampman is a great player and I'm glad he's still with the team. Harris fits into this mold also. He works hard and prepares for each game as a true professional. They are great examples/leaders for our young team.

KGB also fits into this mold IMO. He works hard all the time out there. It's very difficult for a smaller pass rusher to beat double teams. Now that he has better LB support, the run defense has been much improved on his side.

We've got a rather good DL. It's the lunch pail crew that comes to work their a$$ off each day.

GO PACK GO!!!

20. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

I'm guilty too. I never thought Kampman was going to amount to anything, and game after game, year after year he keeps getting better.

21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

To tell you the truth, I thought up until this year that we should make a trade with someone for another DE, but keep Kampman for 1st and 2nd down and bring in KGB for 3rd down. Now, I'm glad with what we have. Our DL is solid. It's our secondary that's been giving us problems.

Here's to Kampman, and to many more good years with the Packers. :packbeer:

(I know it's a beer mug, but I'm currently drinking vodka, ginger ale, and a splash of Blue Caracao. Good stuff).

22. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That would be an awesome season GO KAMPMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!