Kampan and sack record

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Aaron Kampman broke the team sack record tonight? He's up to 15-1/2 now. It's the sort of thing the announcers should've pointed out, but it was enough of a struggle for Gumbel to try getting everyone's names right and figuring out which team was which.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Does anyone know if Aaron Kampman broke the team sack record tonight? He's up to 15-1/2 now. It's the sort of thing the announcers should've pointed out, but it was enough of a struggle for Gumbel to try getting everyone's names right and figuring out which team was which.
The record is 19.5. Definately within reach.

http://www.packers.com/history/record_book/individual_records/defense/

Wow, 19.5. It must've been Tim Harris who did that. My bad. Sorry for bad-mouthing the announcers for missing something when they didn't miss it.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Wow, 19.5. It must've been Tim Harris who did that. My bad. Sorry for bad-mouthing the announcers for missing something when they didn't miss it.

They were still bad. Gumbel, "Driver with the catch!" on almost every reception.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Most Seasons Leading League, Sacks (1982-2005)

* (no Packers player has ever led the league)

This will hopefully change this season. :thumbsup:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was really fun to watch Kampman tonight. He really schooled rookie Ryan Cook. I was very impressed by him tonight. He has an on going motor. I said we needed to keep this guy last off season but honestly I would of never of thought to get this kind of production out of him. He sets a good example as well. He likely won’t get the Packer sack record but he realistically could lead the league in sacks this year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Greg C. said:

Most Seasons Leading League, Sacks (1982-2005)

* (no Packers player has ever led the league)

This will hopefully change this season. :thumbsup:

He's got a 2.5 sack lead on everyone now. Albeit he has one game in the books more than all of'em lol

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
They were still bad. Gumbel, "Driver with the catch!" on almost every reception.

In fairness to Gumbel, that's a pretty safe assumption to make given the state of our other pass catchers.

LOL! That's what I thought, too. "'Driver with the catch!' on almost every reception" is dead-on.

Heh, heh. We can laugh about it now because we won...

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

From PackersNews.com :

"Packers defensive end Aaron Kampman, who was selected to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday, played like it with three sacks, bringing his season total to 15½. That's the most by a Packers player since Reggie White had 16 in 1998"

Notebook: Woodson strikes again

Members online

Latest posts