JW

Reaction score
First of all, if J-Walk wants to become a FA after next season, he MUST report to the Packers by week 10 of the season. If he does not, or chooses to sit out the season, then he will still have a year left under his contract.

Secondly, if J-Walk reports and is a distraction, the Packers can NOT deactivate him from the roster. The new CBA forbids any team for deactivating a player for the season like T.O., Keshawn Johnson, or Keenan McCardle. So if J-Walk comes in and is a distraction and disturbance in the lockerroom, the Packers will be stuck with him. (There might also be a few other things favouring J-Walk if he reports, since the new CBA is VERY player friendly).

Finally, according to Ron Wolf, TT should be like an ostrich. According to Wolf, that means TT should stick his head in the sand and let this thing blow over. (I got this from one of the articles on JSONLINE.COM)

As for news on the Walker front, the report that he or his agent were meeting with the Eagles was bogus. PFT.com reported it not to be true, after checking up with their sources. So right now, I guess no news is good news? :-?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When Brett announce's he will play this year everything will be okay with Javon. Brett will use his southern charm on Javon and say 'dangum j walk, ill toss u some balls, u catch'em an score and u rack up a new contract, lets git r done' or something like that.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got some news for everyone on him. He will be playing next year in a packer uniform. thats my opion of course. But he did this last year too.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O. is close to being Cowboy meat and would think Cowboy head coach Parsells would be a great puch in the mouth for T.O., should that happen.
Henderson is back in Green and Gold and that makes this off-season for me. Perhaps Nall too will be back.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
T.O. is close to being Cowboy meat and would think Cowboy head coach Parsells would be a great puch in the mouth for T.O., should that happen.
Henderson is back in Green and Gold and that makes this off-season for me. Perhaps Nall too will be back.

Owens is a Cowboy. It's official. I seen the press conference. Believe it was a three year deal.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
any news anyone?

No news, but J-Walk has even less to bargain with than last year...

First of all, he is still under contract to GB. If he wants FA status, he has to play at minimum 6 games to get an accrued year. If not, he will still be under contact to the Pack for the 2007 season (if TT wants to screw him to the wall). Furthermore, Walker blinked during last season's dispute, and there is no reason to believe he won't this season either. TT is holding all the cards on this one (hence his public statement in regards to this situation).

If Walker makes good on his threat to retire, GB will still own his sorry *** should he ever decide to come back to the NFL. In light of all this, I don't see any outcome than Walker once again making a public spectacle of himself, showing up for camp at the last minute and sporting the Green and Gold again this season. He may be trying to show his best poker face, but we all know what cards he has in his hand.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
gado35 said:
any news anyone?

No news, but J-Walk has even less to bargain with than last year...

First of all, he is still under contract to GB. If he wants FA status, he has to play at minimum 6 games to get an accrued year. If not, he will still be under contact to the Pack for the 2007 season (if TT wants to screw him to the wall). Furthermore, Walker blinked during last season's dispute, and there is no reason to believe he won't this season either. TT is holding all the cards on this one (hence his public statement in regards to this situation).

If Walker makes good on his threat to retire, GB will still own his sorry *** should he ever decide to come back to the NFL. In light of all this, I don't see any outcome than Walker once again making a public spectacle of himself, showing up for camp at the last minute and sporting the Green and Gold again this season. He may be trying to show his best poker face, but we all know what cards he has in his hand.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley
8) One other caveat is if J.W. does play he has to show the league he's back in top shape and is capable of being a true go-to receiver again; if he does really want to be traded down the line. proof is in the puddin'.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that ticks me off is that he said he dosent want to be a Packer. Otherwise I would say give him a new contract. He has done everthing he was suppose to. He showed up for camp last year on time, and he is in the last year of his contract, which is what the Packers require to get a new deal in the works. Its this hatred for the organization that I dont understand. Walker is a great WR and should be making more money, that is obvious. I think TT should sit down with this kid, and hammer out a new contract that has incentives so both sides are covered. Walker gets paid and the Packers have incentives in case this injury that he had slows him down. What do yall think?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he doesn't want to be a Packer! How else will he be able to prove his worth short of being traded now? Doubt anyone wants to sign him to the kind of contract he keeps insisting on without some indication he can still be capable. He riminds me a of a little kid who has always gotten what he wanted by throwing a tantrum and now has to face a small amount of reality. Think he must be very immature. I'll take 1/2 a Kampmann to his type of player any day.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not the same situation as last year. Walker has upped the ante by bad-mouthing the organization and going public with his disappointment with Favre for publicly siding with management. Also, if teams can no longer sit a player for conduct detrimental to the team (as all about da packers says) this gives Walker more leverage than he had last year. He can sit out ten games and be a distraction and then come back for the last six and be even more of a distraction. Sure, it will lower his market value, but it's become a matter of pride for him now, and at this point he just wants out of Green Bay. I think Walker is embarrassed that he backed down last year and because of that he is determined not to do it again this year. And he is not completely powerless.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Post Greg,

I am really not sure if we could have handled his contract situation in a better way but I do know that once he publicly bad mouthed the Green Bay Packers, he had crossed the line.

We may have made a mistake then, but now it's time for him to go !!!

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one says he's powerless but, his value as a player has certainly been diminished. GB may not get what it cost them to get him, but they certainly could get something. Walker does have to prove he has some value and can't see him doing that without playing, most likely in GB; unless there is another team out there a.k.a., Dallas, that likes to have a malcontent on their team. Course, perhaps Walker wouldn't have that attitude elsewhere now. Don't forget, if he refuses to play his income is substantially reduced.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts