Justin Harrell's debut

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Harrell (#91) made his Packer debut on Sunday night, and he appeared to do okay. I saw him get a good push up the middle on a pass play, and I noticed him on the field for a kick return as well, though the play went away from him. Rob Demovsky of the GB Press Gazette was watching more closely than I was, and here's what he had to say when a reader asked about Harrell:

Hey Rob,

Did Justin Harrell play at all on Sunday night? If so, did he do anything noteworthy at all, good or bad?

Thanks.

ROB DEMOVSKY: He was active for the first time and played about 8 to 10 snaps. I isolated on him a few times and saw him get decent push. One time he even pushed back a double team. I've said this about him all along, he's a strong guy who can push people around. Beyond that, it's too soon to tell much else.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
played about 8 to 10 snaps. I isolated on him a few times and saw him get decent push. One time he even pushed back a double team.

Well there ya go, first ballot hall of famer. I saw Greg Olson get good push on some huge catches that he torched us on as well

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:
played about 8 to 10 snaps. I isolated on him a few times and saw him get decent push. One time he even pushed back a double team.

Well there ya go, first ballot hall of famer. I saw Greg Olson get good push on some huge catches that he torched us on as well

Good for Greg Olsen.

How do you get the impression 1st ballot Hall of Famer from Greg C posting a report saying he got a decent push and beat a double team once?

Harrell had an okay debut for the Packers and did a lot more than what was expected in his 1st professional game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:

Good for Greg Olsen.

How do you get the impression 1st ballot Hall of Famer from Greg C posting a report saying he got a decent push and beat a double team once?

Harrell had an okay debut for the Packers and did a lot more than what was expected in his 1st professional game.

Cuz de_deal is being sarcastic..

He wanted Olsen and not Harrell

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:

haha, olsen looked great, i still do not get that pick. it may come back to haunt TT for many years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:

haha, olsen looked great, i still do not get that pick. it may come back to haunt TT for many years.

Watch the replays again..Who was covering him, think that MIGHT that have been the reason why he looked "great"?

The other times he was shut down by other players

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Great? Olsen? The only time I can fathom Olson and Great would be the olson twins in my bed. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:

I don't get the pick either but we are who we are.

Though I doubt the pick will linger for years if Franks and Lee continue to be productive like they've been early on so far.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:

Watch the replays again..Who was covering him, think that MIGHT that have been the reason why he looked "great"?

The other times he was shut down by other players

YAWN, the guy is long, tall, has great hands , and will be a severe pain in the packers side for many many years, so get used to it, and get used to making up excuses.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great? Olsen? The only time I can fathom Olson and Great would be the olson twins in my bed. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!

never did twins together, or even two sisters at once, two girls at once was fun though

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
de_real_deal said:
Greg C. said:

I don't get the pick either but we are who we are.

Though I doubt the pick will linger for years if Franks and Lee continue to be productive like they've been early on so far.

I'm more concerned w/what Olsen will do to our Saftey and LBers

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I was watching the game again the other night and saw a DT almost plow through the line and really push some guys back, and after rewinding and pausing, I saw it was # 91, and was pleasantly surprised. All things considered, he didn't look bad at all, and will only get better.

Do I think he'll be an amazing pick . . . no, but seeing him take a few snaps changed my opinion of him a bit . .

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For everyone trying to make this into a 'Greg vs. Justin, OMG TT is a moron, Greg Olsen is god because he PI'd on a TD catch' thread: please, please please read the article I posted about Ryan Pickett-specifically the parts near the end where they talk about the NT's duties in our scheme.

Next, look at this thread's initial post and note that things like good push, strong against double teams are almost ver batim what Moss was saying makes Pickett so effective and valuable. Harrell is developing into a Pickett duplicate.

Then, make the corrolation between a fresh NT making those technique plays and having that kind of impact. On EVERY DOWN. That's what will make us dominant in games later in the year and in the playoffs.

If you think I'm an idiot, fine. But just give it a season before detracting from players' value, and try and enjoy when TT's picks are successful.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Like I said, he impressed me from what I saw . . . way more then I expected.

All I can say now is . . . stay tuned . . .

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
For everyone trying to make this into a 'Greg vs. Justin, OMG TT is a moron, Greg Olsen is god because he PI'd on a TD catch' thread: please, please please read the article I posted about Ryan Pickett-specifically the parts near the end where they talk about the NT's duties in our scheme.

Next, look at this thread's initial post and note that things like good push, strong against double teams are almost ver batim what Moss was saying makes Pickett so effective and valuable. Harrell is developing into a Pickett duplicate.

Then, make the corrolation between a fresh NT making those technique plays and having that kind of impact. On EVERY DOWN. That's what will make us dominant in games later in the year and in the playoffs.

If you think I'm an idiot, fine. But just give it a season before detracting from players' value, and try and enjoy when TT's picks are successful.

I was really dissapointed by this pick, but I have to agree with you, we need to give Bustin, I mean Justin at least one year.

What if he ends up being a real dominating DT? What if we have an strong group of DT´s that can play real fresh on every down, yes I agree with you we will be dominant, let hope you are right. :pop:

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hated the pick as well, but we have to see what he's got. I don't really go by what the coaches say cause usually it's just coach talk. What's he going to say "He Sucks"?

I will hold out until he see's the field more, if that day ever comes. Right now I'd take Olsen in a minute. Olsen will be a solid player for awhile in this league. I'm hoping Justin will be too

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=center]BUST[/align]

:penflag:

Where? :shock:

Oh, never mind. :evil:

I think later on in the year, we'll notice Harrell's contributions. I love our DT rotation. If they can give the opposing OL h*ll for 4 quarters, we'll be winning more ball games.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still sour on this pick but I'm content to let the drama play out at least to the end of his contract.
I think we could have made a better deal for the short run, but this kid could turn out to be real good down the road.
You just don't usually expect your #1 pick to be a project, but it happens.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we went by what Jenkins, Cole, Williams or, Jolly did their first year they wouldn't even be on this team. Many wondered why some of these guys WERE on the team at first.

Very few guys come out like Harris or Sapp and kick tail on that interior line. Most take a year or so. From there it's how much talent they have and how much they want it.

The guy was picked out for the strength and natural talent he shows and the want to is evident when the guy comes back and plays the national champions with one arm.

We have the LUXURY of time at this position. Having him here now is a hell of a lot better than if we were thin there and the guy kills us all year trying to get it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts