1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Justice for Caylee Anthony

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IluvGB, Jun 16, 2011.

1. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    *in quoting me, I noticed typo galore! I was so angry that I forgot to hit spell check...

I agree with you and mcoomer to a point, generally speaking she'll be shunned by the greater public,.. but mark my words, she'll find a group of people to hang out with that will exploit this entire saga to their gain.

Like GBG said.. to make any profit off a dead child... regardless of guilt is revolting.

Now I'm hearing that the defense team is going to be on hand on helping her get back to society. Also a distant family member of Cindy's in Texas is offering to take Casey in. So it begins....

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/06/2302806/caylees-law-would-require-parents.html

If anything good was to come out of this entire fiasco,..it would be this law.

Not that I think at all that there is a silver lining in the death of Caylee,.. I hate when people say that so-and so died just for this reason.

No.

Awareness,.. in every case there should be an acute awareness that laws should be more beneficial for the victims than for those people who commit the crimes.

3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    If you are talking book deals and made for TV specials, I am sure they will come her way but I think it would be best for her and her family to stay as far away from the public eye as possible. People thinking of you as getting away with murder is not exactly a good way to become famous although it has been known to happen. If she is guilty, letting her go is more damning to her soul than letting her rot in prison or letting her escape in death. Evil, negative energy destroys you from the inside out It will haunt her forever regardless of the face she shows the world. There is no such thing "as getting away with murder".

4. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    weird that it took this long to make it a law.

5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    Be very careful what you wish for.

While I understand the outrage that people have in the verdict I think it is misplaced. Why no outrage at the officer that was 30 ft from Caylee's body in August who got upset when he got his clothes dirty and refused to go back and check it out? Had they recovered her body back then maybe there would have been DNA evidence on it or possibly the cause of death.

Part of the problem is that people like Nance Grace have been convicting Casey in the court of public opinion for 3 years with very little to go on. The public expected one outcome from what they heard by the so called "experts" on TV. Now Nancy Grace is going after the Jury, sorry but she just took her "professional" image down all the way for me. I don't care if she was a prosecutor, you don't attack the jury for rendering what they believe to be a just verdict. As a member of the jury you have to go by the evidence you were given, not emotion. And the evidence was thin. I was reading an article that showed half the prosecution time was spent showing Casey as a liar. Why? The defense admitted that. Why hound it? Because they had little else to go on. They charged her with Child neglect, yet they failed to produce one piece of evidence or one witness to testify to the charge. Why? Because they wanted the jury to convict on emotion.

6. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I have practiced law for 8 & 1/2 years, I teach some university level history classes (including Constitutional classes), and I have paid little if any attention to this case prior to the verdict and all I can say is "Innocent until proved guilty." And I must add, you will be glad that is the case if you are ever "the accused." The Founding Fathers firmly believed that it would be better for a thousand guilty men to go free than that one innocent person be wrongly convicted. Our system of criminal jurisprudence is based upon that philosophy and sometimes it is a bitter pill to swallow, but the truth is that there were only twelve people with the legal authority, and thus the legal right, to determine Casey Anthony's guilt or innocence, and they have done so.
    Not one other person is or was charged with that responsibility or given that authority. All that any of us knows about this case is what the media has given to us; and I think the media has proved time and again that they are far from objective, and thus, far from reliable.
    If Casey is guilty she will have to live with that. If she "got away with it" she will bear that burden for the remainder of her life (and perhaps the next depending upon what you believe), but as far as the laws of this country are concerned, she is NOT guilty.
    Ours is certainly not a perfect system of justice, but it is better than all the rest in any other country on earth, and not only MUST I live with that, I can live with that.

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    How can hoping laws be more beneficial for victims than those commiting crimes be something that I should be careful about wishing for??

8. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    The only way to make laws more beneficial to victims as you want is to take away rights of the accused. All well and fine unless you are one of the accused. And never say never, it can be you on the other side. While our system may have flaws, and while you may think justice was not served in this trial, this is the way things are done in the criminal justice system. It's better than any other system out there.

You want to see something really scary, check out HBO's "Hot Coffee". That one will make the justice system look like a piece of cake.

9. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    From juror number 3.
    Casey Anthony Juror: Jury Sick to Stomach Over Not Guilty Verdict - ABC News

10. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I should of said at least equal to, rather than more beneficial.

Most victims are dead, and don't have a voice any longer,..but the surviving criminal is getting more and more rights than ever before.

Not saying your guilty till proven innocent, but admittedly thats the case when it comes to the court of public opinion.

I thought all jurors were refusing to speak unless paid, and an amendment to that article said a few.

Now the big controversy as to should their names be made public. I don't see the benefit at all to that, only that the newspapers/media would want to hear their side of how things went down.

Its went back and forth during the hour I got to see the proceedings,.. my guess even after the "cooling off" period the Judge decreed, he's going to come back and say that it would do more harm than good.

I'll quit guessing thats for sure! As nothing would surprise me any more in this case.

*spell check not working at the moment.. said to notify web master.

11. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    In FL they won't be able to keep the names out of the press for long. I think they at least want them to be able to go home and see their families first before they get "Nancy Graced".

BTW, Google toolbar has a great spell check if you have it. Spell checks any box you type in.

12. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    So now it comes out that the prosecution was alerted to the fact that the Internet searches were wrong and they withheld the information from the court and the defense. And people are calling the Defense attorneys scumbags.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19casey.html?_r=1&hp