1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Justice for Caylee Anthony

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IluvGB, Jun 16, 2011.

1. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    I don't know if there is such a thing as reality to her. Casey is the epitome of a narcissist. She lives in her own world where everything revolves around her.

Hard to say what she was thinking there at the end of the day. Possibly upset because the judge shot down their appeals for a mistrial.

I really don't think the gravity of it all will hit her until she hears the word "Guilty" and maybe not even then.

I really think she believes she will walk out of there a free woman. I mean, she's gotten away with all the other crap she's done her entire life for the most part so in her mind she probably figures she'll get out of this mess as well.

But I also believe that Baez and his cast of idiots are on a different page. I think they will consider it a win if she just doesn't get the death sentence. I think that may have been their plan all along.

Hey, none of them would have to serve the 20 to life.

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Totally agree JJP41...

Seeing the recap, it totally looks like she STILL thinks she can beat this.

I'm sure we've not see the last of the "Scheme Team" as they will come up with appeal after appeal.

The facts remain the same regardless as what they pull. They were almost giddy at the end of day, THEY were almost done for awhile. I don't understand why they needed a day before closing arguments started, I thought the Judge was wanting the State to be ready with them by Thursday or Friday. hmmm well tomorrow will be here soon enough...

3. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    What makes you think she hasn't beaten it? I'm telling you, they will not get a conviction on 1st murder and death penalty. The most, as I see it, she will get a manslaughter conviction out of it. And that might get overturned on the appeal.

The state says she killed her daughter, yet they can't say what her daughter died of. The state says she searched the Internet for chloroform, yet they didn't prove it was her who did the search. The state said she put the body in the trunk of her car. But they have no physical proof the body was in the car. They have a smell. So basiclly the state has a body, a smell, a theory, an Internet search, and some weird actions by Casey. I say the jury is back in less than 8 hours.

Going to be interesting either way. No one will be happy with the verdict I'm sure.

4. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Not once did I say that they'll get a conviction on 1st degree murder and a death penalty,..and last I knew that a manslaughter conviction is still guilty of taking the life of someone.

You obviously side with the defense, and I with the state... we'll both have to wait till the jury comes back!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    I side with no one. Do I think she had something to do with her daughters death? Not sure. I do think she had something to do with the cover-up. I don't think the State put forth the evidence required to get a conviction on any of the charges. One scenario for you.

Caylee drowns in the family pool. Casey has know idea what to do, so she puts her in a bag and buries her in the yard. Several days later she decides to get rid of the body, puts in the car and is driving to dispose of the body. She runs out of gas. The car sits for 3 days before its towed. Once towed it sits in the lot for 10 days. When her father goes to pick it up he brings gas. Puts the can in the trunk, sees the bag of garbage in the trunk, and on the way home takes the bag and tosses into the woods. Then he realizes that the trunk smells like a dead body. But what does he do, turn his daughter in?

Just as probable as what the state proposed.

6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I could go on all day...but you get the point.... The argument is pointless now isn't it. Its in the jury's hands. Let common sense and justice prevail..

7. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    ^ I agree. Anyone else in that situation if it were an accident, would call 911 and should. It's all up to the jury now, let's hope for justice at this point now

• Like Like x 1
  8. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    They've just hit the 2 hr mark of deliberating... I'm on verdict watch,.. I can't wait to hear from the jury!

9. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    I think the prosecution has a problem with the Internet thing. When first done in 2008 it listed one search for chloroform and 84 searches for "Myspace". The one done in June of this year after the trial started turned up 84 searches for chloroform and not one for "Myspace". They harped on 84 chloroform searches during the trial but never mentioned it in closing arguments. That goes to their premeditation argument.

10. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I was hoping they would of clarified that, but even without it,.. the intial search, and ultimately the other searches of ruptured spleen, neck breaking...doesn't bode well for Casey.
    AND the fact of ALL the internet searches done on that computer,..those were the only ones that were ever deleted.

I was really thinking the jury would return with a quick verdict, but hopefully they will come back tomorrow.
    The longer they deliberate, the more certain they will be with their verdict.

11. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    All I'll say is that the evidence in Scott Peterson case was very similar to this one and he got the death penalty. All the state had was circumstancial evidence and he is sitting on death row.

So as far as no way the state gets a conviction, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I remember many people saying the same thing about Peterson.

12. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I am sickened by the verdict...

13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Me too... I can NOT believe it!.. Now the parents are sentenced to a life sentence of knowing their daughter took their precious grand-daughter.

My only saving grace in all this is that Casey is going to have a hard time ajusing to life , with her family and friends.
    Throw everyone under the bus, blaming everyone but herself!
    There is no justice for Caylee....

No Casey really can live "Bella Vita"

14. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I wonder if her parents will ever open their arms to Casey again. Honestly if I were them, I wouldn't.

Now she can live her "Bella Vita" knowing she got away with it.

15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Her parents left the court room as soon as she was found "not guilty"... can you imagine??

"Hey Dad..I know I claimed you molested me,..but you mind if I crash here for awhile , till I find someone that will hire me??"
    "Mom...come'on..it was a trial!! I didn't mean any of those things!!"
    "Lee,...You know it and I know it..You didn't father my baby...but we needed that for reasonable doubt!!"

hugs now???

16. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +847
    Hate to say it. But once again, the state did not prove she did it. When and if the jury members speak I am sure this will be the underlying cause of the verdict.

17. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Jurors won't speak.... just unbelievable.

Sooooo disturbing on so many levels. :rant:

• Like Like x 3
  18. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    The OJ trial all over again.

Amazing.

19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

One saving grace, is that she'll probably pull a stunt like OJ and wind up in jail at some point.

I just hope she doesn't profit at ALL as a result, but I'm afraid thats just wishful thinking...

20. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Guilty or not, making a profit on the death of your baby is a revolting thought.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    I found out about the verdict on my way home and couldn't comment but I'm here now.
    This woman is going to have to deal with this the rest of her life. Everytime she tries to apply for a job, they are going to know who she is. Everytime she goes to the grocery store, people are going to be pointing and whispering. Everytime she looks at her drivers license, she is going to think about that time she was in jail for the murder of her child.
    If she is a person, everytime she sees a 2y/o little girl, she is going to think of the bad things she did to her OWN CHILD.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I'm kind of torn about this. In a sad way, the legal system did exactly as it should of done. It rendered justice based on the evidence it had to go on. Just not for poor Caylee. The sad facts are: there was no direct DNA evidence linking Caylee to the crime scenes, lack of conclusive forensic evidence, no eye witnesses (or shall I say no I witnesses that told the truth). As a result, the defense had more than enough to prove reasonable doubt. I think the prosecution kind of shot themselves in the foot a little bit by going for 1st degree murder with the death penalty. Your case has to be rock solid, beyond all reasonable doubt to get a conviction. In this case, the prosecution didn't do that and therefore, failed to get their conviction.

Obviously something went down in that house and now we'll probably never know. There were a lot of things that sent up red flags: the computer search for chloroform, the pretense of duct tape, chloroform levels in the trunk, the hair found in the trunk that came from a dead body. These are indeed grounds for suspicion and in their own way prove that something happened, but they do not individually or as a whole link Casey directly to the crime. I don't like the outcome of all this, if you ask me, I think the whole family should be thrown in jail for life. I think whatever happened, whether it be coldblooded, premeditated murder or a case of accidental death, I think they covered it up. Their negligence in not reporting her missing and waiting a month to do so does not sit well with me. If a child has been missing for even an hour, I'd be on the phone with the cops. I have faith that whoever was involved in Caylee's death will eventually have to meet their maker and Caylee herself. There justice will be served. In the meantime, may their very souls linger in torment in hell on earth. May Caylee's footsteps haunt them in spirit as they now never will on earth. Justice is served in many ways, if not through the legal system, but the hand of God itself.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    The one thing that bothered me the entire trial was analysts saying the jurors weren't taking many notes. The trial went like 6 weeks with hundreds of pieces of evidence and who knows how many witnesses. I don't care how smart you are, how do you not take notes?

Then they had a number of charges to deal with but, even though they took no notes, they never asked to review any of the evidence or anything else in deliberations and took all of 10 hours to come to a verdict. All the evidence in the world means nothing if the jury does not tie it in or consider it throughly.

This jury wanted out of there and reasonable doubt was their ticket home.

I could go on but I'll just say is that "Not Guilty" does not mean "Innocent" by any means.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    this will rank up there with the OJ trial

25. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I don't think she will be living the "Bella Vita". She may be able to forget about what happened and move on with her life but the American public will not. Casey and her family (who are already reported to be receiving death threats) will not be living in peace. This is the utter ruin of their family. I think the court let Casey go only to throw her to the wolves. If she's not going to get justice in jail, she will certainly get it out on the streets. For that family, I'd recommend moving and changing their names. They need to lie low for a while. People are seriously angry at this and they will not forget it anytime soon. If that family has it in their heads they are going just go back to living life as usual, they are going be in for a huge surprise.