1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Justice for Caylee Anthony

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IluvGB, Jun 16, 2011.

1. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Today was bizarre to say the least!

I love that the defense opened the door to a few things but the prosecutors only took advantage of one.

One thing that drove me nuts today was that the defense kept up with the "keying in on Casey as a possible suspect from day one"

First of all, she was the one who didn't report the child "missing" for 31 days,.. then lied saying she had her own investigation that we all got to see was another big lie. I.E. partying, tattooing...
    All the prosecutors had to point out is that there shouldn't of been ANY suspects in an accidental drowning should there????

2. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I need to majorly catch up but I saw a few things today. I know this family is going to take the sword for Casey no matter what now. I could tell from the way her brother was talking on the stand today.

I'll post more once I catch up more

• Like Like x 1
  3. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Hurry! Hurry!!! It shouldn't take too long!

4. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I'll be on later today :)

5. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Soooooooooooo, you came on to say you can't be on right now? :triniti:

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I've been watching this trail and to be honest, it makes me sick. It's turning into a circus and to me, it's an insult to Caylee's memory. If the prosecution cannot find more evidence that directly links Casey to murder, I fear she will be acquitted based on lack of evidence presented by the prosecution. Reasonable doubt. I kind of think she is guilty, but how am I to judge? I do hope that if she is guilty and she gets away with it, that this haunts her for the rest of her life. I hope that little girl haunts every waking memory and gives her no rest. Some crimes are just unspeakable. Whether if it's a case of accidental death and they freaked and tried to cover it up or if the prosecution can prove premeditated murder, this child deserves to rest in peace. I am in some sad way, hooked on watching this trial, but there is a part of me that just finds it sickening to my soul.

7. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    Yeah, the defense shot themselves in the foot somewhat trying to show the authorities targetted the family.

Hopefully, the jurors don't buy into any of that crap. The police always look at the family and/or people who saw the victim last.

But it's all part of the master plan by the defense. She was abused by her father, a nanny kidnapped the baby, the mother did all the google searches, the family was dysfunctional and there are some deep, dark unknown secrets, yada, yada, yada.

It's all a concerted effort to confuse the jury and create doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I'm trying to catch up as to why today was cancelled... It doesn't sound good.

I'm with you Kitten...its so disturbing,..it goes beyond all human comprehension. Yet I must see if justice will prevail in this case.

Common sense must factor in and above reasonable doubt.

Now we shall see come Monday...

9. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    My prediction is that she walks.

Then, a few years later, she gets busted for invading someone's hotel room and threatening them with a weapon over a material dispute. She ends up going to prison for a long time anyhow and justice is ultimately served, albeit late.

Or, am I confusing this with another case? :dontknow:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    Ok, so can someone explain to me why after being called 3 times in August about possible human remains the police never investigated? This just doesn't make sense. 3 calls, 3 days in a row, and the police never look into it until the 4th call in December. What the hell?

11. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Didn't get watch much today but at the end one thing stood out to me.

So you are walking though the woods and you see a bag that looks like it might have bones in it. And people ask why you didn't open it up. wth?

12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, "Oh, we got distracted by the rattlesnake" My big ole butt!.. If I think I see a human skull and a dead rattlesnake, I'm checking out the skull first. Or I am not leaving until someone does. I sure the hell don't wait to I get home and then call three days in row. And what the hell is up with calling 3 days then waiting 4 months to call again?

13. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    Not quite. After the third call, a detective finally came to the scene to meet Kronk but never got closer than around 8 feet from the remains then blew it off, turned around and began walking out. He slipped in the mud then went off on Kronk for making him come out there. The detective was later fired for that.

As far as checking the scene more closely, Kronk did the right thing to an extent. Call the cops and let them investigate. If you start searching more carefully, odds are pretty good you'll contaminate the crime scene if there is one.

Either way, the defense did not prove that Kronk was some criminal mastermind like they claimed in their opening statements. If anything, Shady Mason or Grandpa Duke or whatever his name is looked like a fool endlessly trying to make Kronk contradict himself. Instead, he himself got frustrated and had to beg for a recess. And in the end, they couldn't prove he took the remains, stored them somewhere and staged finding them.

Pretty simple. The defense is pointing the finger of blame at everyone and anyone to deflect any blame from the mother and confuse the jury.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Soooooooooo true JJP41!

I love that "Shady Mason"! He sure came off as a bumbling idiot today, and so far I believe Roy Kronk over all the Anthony's put together.

I felt so bad for Cindy at first, horrible for her state of affairs,..then she gets up on the stand and lies in one testimony or the other.. (I'm saying the last one she lies..)
    I ask you, by lying.. Where is the justice for Caylee??

Then I felt bad for George as he was thrown under the bus by his own daughter,..charged with molestation (which means the only way the prove that is if Casey takes the stand.... (please oh please let this happen!)
    Then the allegations that he cheated on his wife..and confided in her that it was an accident.
    until....
    He takes the stand today and tries to make light of the allegations of the affair by saying "Oh thats funny"
    and then the admittance of sending text messages to this River Cruise.. *not BF type but still
    "I need you in my life" was meant that he needs ALL the volunteers in his life...PUUHHLEEEZE!!!

Then Cindy lied again on the stand, because Lee gets up and contradicts her right off the bat! Wow!!!

Baez is floundering like a fish out of water...gasping and grasping at anything..he'll end up taking the entire case down...especially when CASEY TAKES THE STAND! (Which btw is why the defense is trying to get Casey deemed incompetant)

* I must say,... I don't know how any family would be able to withstand, not only losing a grand daughter in such a horrible way. But to have a daughter standing trial and facing possible life in prison,.. would I lie to save her? Hard to say
    If the family unit survives the likes of a case like this, it could survive anything,.. I would think.

15. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    ILuvGB, it sure looks like the entire defense is in over their heads and that may be true to an extent but I also believe Baez is playing the only real card they have. Throw a bunch of crap against the wall and hope some sticks (or the jury believes it).

The whole Kronk thing was just classic.

The guy saw something he thought was a skull at the end of his shift. He drives home and calls the cops. In most of that tape the dspatcher couldn't even figure out where he was talking about. The next day he calls a second time and they tell him to call a hotline instead of just sending someone out to check it out......WTF?? Finally the thrid time they send someone out and the cop gets pissed off because his clothes got dirty and goes off on Kronk.

I don't blame Kronk at all for being pissed off after all that. He tried to do the right thing on more than one occasion and got nothing but ignored and chewed out for his efforts.

Probably his biggest mistake is something I can understand though. When he went back months later, he actually touched the evidence. While he may have given the defense an opening to contend that the evidence and crime scene were contaminated by doing so, after how little cooperation the cops had been previously, I can see why he would want to make sure before making another call to anyone.

And then he still doesn't call the cops, He calls his supervisor who calls them.

Another very simple question comes to mind.

If Kronk was this greedy, low life criminal looking for a big pay day that Baez said he was, then why would he call the cops time after time after time in an effort to get them to come out to the scene? The claims by the defense make no sense.

George Anthony may be a liar on some level but the defense is using him as their major scapegoat. The mom is an idiot and her comment that she made some searches for chloroform but not 84 times and that she doesn't know what her computer does when she's not on it proves her only motive is to do whatever it takes to bail her daughter out of the mess. As far as her comments about the private investigators are concerned, I don't know which is worse: her lie or them hiring two of the dumbest *** clowns I've ever seen to investigate.

But don't fret, I'm sure Baez and his cast of idiots still have a truckload of off the wall stunts to pull before this thing is over.

16. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    :sleep: I'm playing games while this grief counselor finally finishes her intro as her qualifications of being one.

GOOD GRIEF she's boring!

17. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    I was wondering if they took a jury poll to see how many of them were still awake during her babbling.

18. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

Well she turned out to be quite the witness for the prosecution didn't she??

The defense is sinking so fast,.. its almost hard to watch... almost..

One thing that was terribly hard to watch was George's testimony. I cried, and felt pain in watching him have to go thru this,.. but yet Casey glared at him, almost smirked as George walked off the stand.

Its looking more and more that Casey won't take the stand,..but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Now we have a potential "new grandma" of Caylee?!?!? Possibly her dead son is the father of Caylee? Sooo strange if its true , that she's JUST now remembering these names.

We have nicknames for most of the key reporters that air after the trial.
    One guy looks just like Count Dracula, The one lady looks like a mixture of Latoya Jackson/ Steven Tyler
    Dr. Drew is "Dr. Spew" as he's always talking about how this case makes him nauseated!
    Then of course we have Blase' Baez...

We have to make light of some of the things, as we are sucked into this thing now till the bitter end.

One thing that we never forget is that a little girl lost her life, and there is no telling what unspeakable things she had to endure before she endured the ultimate.
    I just hope one day, Casey grasps the depth of what she did, and in doing so, destroyed so many lives.

19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Highlights from today.. The defense rested its case. On a whimper at best....

The state should be presenting the rebuttal tomorrow, then closing arguements.

When I had a break , I saw a young man in front of the judge getting reemed! He apparently wanted his 15 seconds (lol) of fame!

He received 6 dys in jail and a 600+ fine..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxVbENsT6rU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Did this spectator just flip off Jeff Ashton while he was speaking?!?!?‬&rlm;[/ame]

20. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    The Defense ended terribly imo. They ended with stuff that wasn't even relevant. Everyone that I've seen said that the defense was weak and did nothing to prove what they said in opening statements. The rebuttal from the prosecution probably won't have anything new but it might be interesting to see what they will do.

21. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    Well, he got his 15 seconds of fame......and a vacation from work.......in jail.

What a total dumbass. I bet his parents are sooo proud.

22. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

I wonder how many interviews he'll do when he gets out?!
    My thoughts exactly on his parents. eeesh!!

Today was a pitiful day for the defense,.. pitiful!

I'm going to guess that reality just may be setting into Casey right now.
    I'm looking forward to closing arguments in the sense of what the defense has got to say for themselves after all those bombshell accusations they said they were going to prove, and didn't. I know they don't HAVE to prove anything, but they didn't have to put up their own "theory's" much less say they KNOW what happened to Caylee.

23. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    reality should have set in before all this happen.

24. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

I don't believe "reality" was in her vocabulary,.. but hopefully it is now.

25. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I didn't watch it today but from what I read, Cindy Anthony pretty much screwed herself with that testimony that she made those searches. I can't wait until closing statements.

I agree with you ILuvGB that defense was pitiful and that they should not have even came up with their own theories. It just makes them look worse since they didn't prove their theories to the jury. I know they don't have to prove anything and are only trying to put reasonable doubt in the jurys' minds but I still think they might have failed with that. Only time will tell though I guess