1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Justice for Caylee Anthony

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IluvGB, Jun 16, 2011.

1. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I thought I would start a thread that we could discuss the case , rather than the shoutbox. (which btw has been dead lately!)

So... rather than entitling the thread about the crazy birth mother, I thought I would highlight the fact that a little child is needing some sort of justice in all of this.
    The case is getting sidetracked by the crazy antic's of the birth mother... ( I refuse to give her the honor of being called a "mom") Little Caylee didn't stand a chance with that monster being in charge of her.

From all the things presented by the state, I feel like there is no other person to be at fault than Casey....

I'll look forward to hearing more thoughts on this case....

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    o.k.. I've got to get dinner done, but watching today's highlights. My thoughts of today's events...

I think that the prosecution survived what should of been a major day for the defense,... they made logical,..and I mean LOGICAL rebuttals against all of the defense silly motions.

The witness's were weak, but maybe they are holding out till the end.

All in all ...grasping at straws is what they left me with!

3. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I didn't get a chance to catch everything from today but from what I saw, the defense so far has been weak. I know it's their first day but I thought it would have started off better for them. I can only wonder what else they have, but like you said IluvGB they are grasping at straws because they know they could be sinking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I'm getting ready to watch "Dr. Drew" ,...I love his reasonablness on the case,..of course he's totally pro-prosecution. So the reason I love to watch him.

Baez drives me NUTS!!!

"aaaaaannnd?????......."

• Like Like x 1
  5. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I absolutely do not like Baez. He drives me nuts as well. He jumps all over the place and he has no rhyme or reason with what he's doing half the time it seems. Maybe it's just my dislike for the guy.

I love watching Dr. Drew as well. Very good person to listen to.

6. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    I'll tell you this. I will be surprised if they get a conviction. They have nothing that connects her to the death of Caylee. They can't even say how she died. All they have is a theory and her strange behavior while her daughter was missing.

You may not like it, but it has more holes than the OJ trial.

7. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    I agree, strange behavior is not enough to convict someone.

8. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    This case was a big topic in a class I taught for a while. Personally, I feel Casey did it. But I don't think she's going to be convicted. The prosecution just doesn't have enough.

9. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    The saddest thing about these cases is the child's last thoughts. "Why is Mommy (or Daddy) doing this to me?" As a child, I remember thinking Mom & Dad were flawless heros.

10. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    What about the duck tape found of caylee;'s face, The searches for Collorform,Neck Breaking. Decompsision in the Truck of the Car.

Waiting 30 days before reporting the child missing.

11. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    Nothing that you mentioned can be connected to Casey. No DNA in her car, no DNA on the tape. If they could convict someone by what they searched the on the Internet, I am in deep doo doo.

12. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    That may be Raptorman,...but the jury has to decide based on "reasonable" doubt.

I have faith that they can see thru the hole poking of the defense, who btw,..can't stick to one theory!!!

Today was a good day for the prosecutors in my eyes,.. yes I am totally biased as I totally think she did it.

* how many people has a smell of a dead body in there car? Even 2 YEARS LATER!

(ooooo their surprise witness blew that theory out of the water with the phone calls to the ex-con!)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    The jury has to be convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" of her guilt. It is up to the prosecutor's to prove she did it. And from what I have seen, they have not. All her attorney has to do is get one juror to have reasonable doubt and stick to their guns. If they get an acquittal her, it's over. They can't come back later and go after her again. If they had proved Caylee was in the trunk or that Casey's DNA was on the tape they might have a better chance. But what they have is slim. Even if they do get a conviction I could see it overturned on appeal.

14. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Well anything could happen that is for sure... Lots of guilty people walk because the State couldn't prove the case.
    There is a world of difference between "not guilty" and "proven innocent"

Like Nancy Grace said earlier this week..."All it would take is one nutjob on the jury to think she may not of done it!"
    my sentiments exactly!

15. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    Nancy Grace tries and convicts people in the court of public opinion. You would think as an attorney she would know better. She did the same thing with the Duke lacrosse team. 2 weeks of convicting them and when it come out they were innocent, a 35 seconds of something that resembled an apology.

Her statement about the "nutjob" on the jury is just the sort of thing I am talking about. She has tried and convicted Casey on the fact that she didn't act like the normal parent would when her child went missing.

16. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Yes, Nancy does convict in the court of public opinion... I think we all have a tendency to do so, like it or not.

Its only day 3 of the defense, and so far they are not coming close to backing up their obnoxious opening statements!

Its going to be interesting to see how this all pans out for sure,.. I'll wait on baited breath...

17. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I need to catch up on what's going on. What has the defense been going on so far? I'll probably watch something tonight

18. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    well today was nerve wrecking for sure....

I missed the first witness for the defense..there was some hub bub, that i can't pinpoint now...(lots going on in my household at the moment)
    but at the end of the day..I felt like the procecutors had the edge...

correct if i'm wrong.......

19. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    Well nothing happened today. I'm just watching highlights from the courtroom without the jury in there. Judge is pissed off. Hopefully tomorrow they'll get back on track

20. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    yah SoCal...a whole lot of nothing but reprimanding going on.

They better get thru this case, and not have a mistrial!

I feel so bad for the sequestered jury,...especially the ones with kids!

• Like Like x 1
  21. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Today was CRAAAAAZZZZZZZZZY!!!

Cindy trying to take the sword for Casey... She's not thinking this all the way thru though!

You can bet tomorrow is going to be a zinger with the prosecution rebuttal. WOW!
    I don't want to blow the details in case interested ones want to see the highlights!

I'll sound off in a bit,.. but all I can say is.. WOW! :blink:

22. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    Or maybe she was just telling the truth. So let's rundown what the state has and does not have so far.

Has.
    Smell in the car. No DNA in car.
    Body with no idea of how she died.
    Duct tape with no DNA.
    Weird actions by mother for 30 days before Caylee was declared missing.

Does not have.
    Connection from Casey to Caylee's body.
    Connection from Casey to Chloroform Internet search.
    Connection from Casey to Duct tape on body.
    DNA evidence of any kind connecting ANYBODY to the body.

She may have done it, but I don't see anything that the state has provided to show that she did it. I don't see how they can get a conviction on this. I still think she walks. Defiantly will not get the death penalty

23. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    The mom is an idiot. She did searches because she was afraid her dogs ate something? Yeah, ooooookay.

The one thing that sticks out her answer when the prosecutor asked her directly if she searched 84 times.

I believe she said no she wasn't on the computer that much but she doesn't know what her computer does when she isn't on it. Sooooooo the computer does searches all by itself?

Whatever.

But no one should be surprised. Considering the defense claimed Casey was abused by her father, it's apparent they will stoop to any level to create a reasonable doubt.

24. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    And stoop they are!... It ain't over till its over for sure!

My surprise was in that the Anthony's seemed to be coming around in realizing that Casey probably "isn't innocent in this" and had their lawyer make that statement the day before they come out and now trying to save Casey from the death penalty.

Now I'm a mom, and can definately feel for the grandparents wanting to save their daughter from the death penalty, but I seriously doubt that she will get that regardless when she is found guilty.

But to lie on the stand,.. (she either lied the first time or the second!) is indictive that they know NO BOUNDS!!!!

25. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827