"Just wait till next year!"

LoneStarPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense taken. He is definitely off his game. But it takes more than 1 man to win a championship. If it didn't, this game would be called tennis lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Trading Rodgers for who? Rodgers is as good or better than anyone in the league at his position..as this team has slowly disintegrated so has Rodgers..they are a very mediocre bunch right now so the entire team suffers..absolutely no threat to run the ball..receivers that inexplicably cannot beat man press coverage..I believe a very slow and unathletic team as a whole..management that refuses to upgrade via free agency no matter what the circumstances..Young LB's still cutting their teeth..Matthews constantly hurt or playing hurt..Peppers a shell of his former self..Below average corners..Shields probably done..bad special teams...Daniels a beast everyone else just a guy on the d-line...no pass rush...TT let's Sitton go for absolutely nothing..Lacy should have sat on the short week but no other backs on the team(!!!!!!) That's Ted's fault..screwed Lacy in his contract year..all these things contribute to what we see now IMO
Add fire Capers and you have boiled down all the contents of this forum over the past year into one post.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No offense taken. He is definitely off his game. But it takes more than 1 man to win a championship. If it didn't, this game would be called tennis lol

I totally agree with your point that it takes more than one man to win it but, I get a bit tired of people saying that the team is denying him a chance of another ring as if it is his "Right" to a Superbowl ring. HE is not the team. He is a cog in the machine that is the Green Bay Packers, and he is not doing his job just as much as the other parts are failing. I`m a Packer fan, not an individual fan. If a player gives his all to my team, I will root for him, and if he leaves I will wish him well for his future, (with a few exceptions).JMO

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This season, so far, is a demonstration of what can happen when a team like the Packers relies to heavily on youth. While the draft and develop mentality has worked in the past, I think the Packers exposed themselves to having to rely too much on inexperience at CB, ILB and ultimately RB, with this young roster. This inexperience has also reared its ugly head on Special Teams all season long. TT could have at least tried to negate some of this by bringing in Veteran players when key players went down, instead he has mainly looked for help from guys with even less experience.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RB was thin, but I am not unhappy about the play of our ILB's this year at all, and coming out of camp, you, I and everyone else thought the DB's on this team were a strength compared to the rest of the league. Hindsight is always nice.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
RB was thin, but I am not unhappy about the play of our ILB's this year at all, and coming out of camp, you, I and everyone else thought the DB's on this team were a strength compared to the rest of the league. Hindsight is always nice.

I'm not using hind site to try and prove a point.

Which is why I said its a demonstration of what can happen by rolling the dice with a young team. As well as what can happen when you try to replace injured vets with inexperience players. While the current group of ILB's have played better then most expected, I still think they lack in the passing game. I would have prefered a veteran at the position to start the season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting a ilb on WR doesn't bode well for most teams. Overall I think that position has performed well, so well in fact nobody is even mentioning that once available FA that now plays just south of the border anymore.

Everything is a roll of the dice. Bring in Danny and he misses a bunch of games and doesn't make much impact for you. Sign a vet at DB and find out he's got Jeff Saturday syndrome and is just DUN as a player. Sign some homegrown talent to big contracts and watch them sit on the sidelines. There's no better way, other than to put guys on the field you think can play.

Both have pros and cons but I'm not going to second guess going into the season with the dbs we had, they have all the talent they need to excel. They'll never get there if they can't stay on the field though. And I don't envision an aging and declining vet stoning a running back at the 1 yardline like K. Brice did either.

Anyway, the season isn't over. Lots to be answered yet

D

Deleted member 6794

Good grief, at the TE position, when was the last time we didn't have a complement of players with major faults?

October 20, 2013.

RB was thin, but I am not unhappy about the play of our ILB's this year at all, and coming out of camp, you, I and everyone else thought the DB's on this team were a strength compared to the rest of the league.

I agree about your take on the secondary but while the inside linebacker play has improved over past seasons it's still average at best though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say they've been in the good side of average and only going to get better. I'm ok with that

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd say they've been in the good side of average and only going to get better. I'm ok with that

I agree that I expect the Packers inside linebackers to get better as well once gaining more experience.

Reaction score
One of the X factors of every team is their depth quality and experience level.
While we have a relatively young team in comparison to the league average that also equates to higher increase in potential
With the experience that comes only with live action those relatively inexperienced young players should conceivably have a higher potential.
While injuries are never welcomed. Every injury begets more playing time for our green peas and thus it's reasonable to predict that we should conceivably get better as the season progresses because of that youth.
Part of the necessary ingredient in the meantime is winning those close games and this week needs to be one of those wins

D

Deleted member 6794

While we have a relatively young team in comparison to the league average that also equates to higher increase in potential
With the experience that comes only with live action those relatively inexperienced young players should conceivably have a higher potential.
While injuries are never welcomed. Every injury begets more playing time for our green peas and thus it's reasonable to predict that we should conceivably get better as the season progresses because of that youth.

While I agree that young players getting significant playing time benefits their development it doesn't automatically equates to higher potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts