"Just wait till next year!"

D

Deleted member 6794

Still don't know why they don't give Perillo a real chance. I think they targeted him twice for 2 completion.

Perillo isn't capable of stretching a defense either, something the Packers are in dire need of from the tight ends. Hopefully Cook will get healthy soon.

Indeed. The BAP approach has been decent but I would like to see Ted be slightly more aggressive in the Draft. (Even though we all know that's not going to happen lol)

I would like Thompson to selectively use free agency more often.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if TT was GM at the time they would have never got Favre or Reggie White !

Building through the draft is a noble intention, but sometimes a draft pick is a total bust (Tony Mandrich). At least with a trade or signing an established free agent you more or less know what your getting.
Ron asked Ted's opinion on Brett's talent

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron asked Ted's opinion on Brett's talent
Overall I am a Ted supporter, but would like him to take that extra risk occasionally, I agree with Robert, that If Ted had been in charge, he would not have made the Favre Trade.... I'm not as sure about the Reggie acquisition... that was a huge opportunity that even Ted might not have been able to hide from lol.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perillo isn't capable of stretching a defense either, something the Packers are in dire need of from the tight ends. Hopefully Cook will get healthy soon
You are so stuck on "stretching the defense." How about working with what we got? Rodgers does not stretch the D either. And he is not much of a blocker. So I would like to see the guy that seemingly never drops a pass get a real chance.

D

Deleted member 6794

You are so stuck on "stretching the defense." How about working with what we got? Rodgers does not stretch the D either. And he is not much of a blocker. So I would like to see the guy that seemingly never drops a pass get a real chance.

I don't want to have Rodgers on the field either. Cook might be able to provide a much needed spark at the position though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/03/green-bay-packers-ted-thompson

Wolf gave Thompson a job: evaluate all the Plan B free agents Green Bay had some interest in. At the time the league allowed each team to protect 37 players and expose the others to this so-called Plan B free agency. Thompson was two weeks into that when Wolf walked into his dark office one day at Lambeau Field, handed him a couple of tapes and said, “Tell me what you think about this guy by the end of the day."

Thompson hadn’t heard of the guy, a third-string quarterback for Atlanta. His name was Brett Favre. But Thompson didn’t have his head in football before coming to Green Bay, so he didn’t know Brett Favre from Snidely Whiplash.

Thompson looked at the tapes, and near the end of the day Wolf came back and asked what he thought. Thompson asked Wolf what he thought. Wolf said, “I think he’s damn good." Thompson said, “I do too

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. Andy Reid. He has been so much better than McCarthy. Good coach, not a great coach.
I think if TT was GM at the time they would have never got Favre or Reggie White !

We know this, same amount of Super Bowl wins, so far, but one set of Gm and Coach still has time to beat the other in SB wins.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Rodgers for who? Rodgers is as good or better than anyone in the league at his position..as this team has slowly disintegrated so has Rodgers..they are a very mediocre bunch right now so the entire team suffers..absolutely no threat to run the ball..receivers that inexplicably cannot beat man press coverage..I believe a very slow and unathletic team as a whole..management that refuses to upgrade via free agency no matter what the circumstances..Young LB's still cutting their teeth..Matthews constantly hurt or playing hurt..Peppers a shell of his former self..Below average corners..Shields probably done..bad special teams...Daniels a beast everyone else just a guy on the d-line...no pass rush...TT let's Sitton go for absolutely nothing..Lacy should have sat on the short week but no other backs on the team(!!!!!!) That's Ted's fault..screwed Lacy in his contract year..all these things contribute to what we see now IMO

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how does Perillo still have a job here. I feel like he's never on the field, he is slow, an okay blocker, and makes a catch here and there... but what talent is he bringing to the team?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Rodgers for who? Rodgers is as good or better than anyone in the league at his position..as this team has slowly disintegrated so has Rodgers..they are a very mediocre bunch right now so the entire team suffers..absolutely no threat to run the ball..receivers that inexplicably cannot beat man press coverage..I believe a very slow and unathletic team as a whole..management that refuses to upgrade via free agency no matter what the circumstances..Young LB's still cutting their teeth..Matthews constantly hurt or playing hurt..Peppers a shell of his former self..Below average corners..Shields probably done..bad special teams...Daniels a beast everyone else just a guy on the d-line...no pass rush...TT let's Sitton go for absolutely nothing..Lacy should have sat on the short week but no other backs on the team(!!!!!!) That's Ted's fault..screwed Lacy in his contract year..all these things contribute to what we see now IMO
Man, that is longer than a spoiled rotten nine year old rich kid's Christmas list.
And you should see how many features he wants in his red wagon....

Last edited:
Reaction score
So what would yall consider the bigger problem: The play calling? The managing of the players/cap? Or Ted's BAP approach to building the team in the Draft?
Anyone's guess but... if I we're a bettin' man I'd say it's the coaching staff starting at the top and filtering down. I'm pretty sure that there are several coaching Staffs in the NFL that would right this ship if they were available. I'm never keen on switching mid season like Dallas did, but if MM can't win this Division again? it's time to clean house in January.

Reaction score
I would like Thompson to selectively use free agency more often.
I am in 100% agreement. TT needs to shore up 1-2 positions with a stellar FA move.. 1.RB who is fast and versatile as a receiver 2. A Field stretching TE (like Graham is for Seattle) 3. A Veteran perimeter CB (like Woodson was)

D

Deleted member 6794

So just a thought...how does this organization get Andy Reid outta KC?

Andy Reid doesn't present an upgrade over McCarthy.

Just out of curiosity, how does Perillo still have a job here. I feel like he's never on the field, he is slow, an okay blocker, and makes a catch here and there... but what talent is he bringing to the team?

Perillo is still on the roster because he has sure hands.

I am in 100% agreement. TT needs to shore up 1-2 positions with a stellar FA move.. 1.RB who is fast and versatile as a receiver 2. A Field stretching TE (like Graham is for Seattle) 3. A Veteran perimeter CB (like Woodson was)

Mostly agree but running back should be addressed in the draft.

LoneStarPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be on board 100% wi
Anyone's guess but... if I we're a bettin' man I'd say it's the coaching staff starting at the top and filtering down. I'm pretty sure that there are several coaching Staffs in the NFL that would right this ship if they were available. I'm never keen on switching mid season like Dallas did, but if MM can't win this Division again? it's time to clean house in January.

Yes. Rodgers is WAY over due for another ring.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'd be on board 100% wi

Yes. Rodgers is WAY over due for another ring.

No offence intended to you, but Rodgers may be due a ring, but it`s up to Rodgers to earn it. He`s as guilty as everybody else for falling short when up against the odds.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offence intended to you, but Rodgers may be due a ring, but it`s up to Rodgers to earn it. He`s as guilty as everybody else for falling short when up against the odds.

Agreed, and he was pretty guilty this weekend as well. From the parts I seen he missed 2 of 3 deep balls (likely TDs) to the point the receivers didn't touch the ball even though they were wide open. And one he did throw well was to Janis, who has some of the worst ball skills I have seen.

Sick of hearing its all about the receivers... Brady does more with less. Rodgers has open receivers quite often and either misses the read or the throw. Both Rodgers and the receivers haven't played great.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good grief, at the TE position, when was the last time we didn't have a complement of players with major faults?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts