"Just wait till next year!"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel this way.
Even though the 2010 Packers also looked hopeless, they bounced back and won the SB of that season.
Well, that was then this is now and this is a totally different team.
Plus they had Woodson (Still SMH over why they get rid of good players - I don't understand all the economics and business of football and never will) who pumped them up with "White House on 3!"
Those guys, like the Cubs, pulled off a rare sports miracle that one shouldn't expect to happen any time soon.

After seeing these two latest close games they couldn't win, does anyone have any words to give anyone any faith in this team?
Or am I going to get a lot of agreement that there is no way, no how this team will make it to the Super Bowl?
Also, with it in mind of the way they have been blowing playoff games the last few years, it is just so darn hard to have any more Super Bowl bound expectations in the Packers.

I guess just take it one game at a time and go with whatever happens, happens.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not totally excusing the coaches, but it sure seemed to me that Rodgers was once again looking for nothing but the deep ball.
I wasn't referring to just today's game. I mean in general and for the last few years.
I was agreeing with and responding to melvin.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing to look forward to next year. Nothing will change next year if ted, mike and dom are calling the shots.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way the Packers are not living up to the Lombardi legacy, don't be surprised if they change the name of the big trophy to the Belichick.
The horror, the horror!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It certainly is a time for major changes in management. I have always been a Mike McCarthy fan, but his time is up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not totally excusing the coaches, but it sure seemed to me that Rodgers was once again looking for nothing but the deep ball.

I don't understand the reasoning behind going away from an offense that worked for most of the last 2 1/2 games either.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to keep watching, get excited when they make big plays and touchdowns, not disappointed at all when they lose like they will yet again if they make the playoffs and happy but not overjoyed if they win a game now and then.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been stuck in second gear for years under Thompson and McCarthy.
If it hadn't been for the stellar play of Aaron Rodgers the Packers would have been an 8-8 team at best.
Now Rodgers stellar play has disintegrated for reasons unknown and the Packers will probably be lucky to go 8-8.
They have shifted into reverse.

The Green Bay Packers Board of Directors needs to take the bull by the horns and fire Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy.
They need to give the new GM a directive to try to Trade Rodgers and Matthews, they are eating up too much cap space relative to their contributions.
It's time!

D

Deleted member 6794

They need to give the new GM a directive to try to Trade Rodgers and Matthews, they are eating up too much cap space relative to their contributions.

I would be fine with trading Matthews but there's no way the Packers should even think about dealing Rodgers.

Jmurray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel this way.
Even though the 2010 Packers also looked hopeless, they bounced back and won the SB of that season.
Well, that was then this is now and this is a totally different team.
Plus they had Woodson (Still SMH over why they get rid of good players - I don't understand all the economics and business of football and never will) who pumped them up with "White House on 3!"
Those guys, like the Cubs, pulled off a rare sports miracle that one shouldn't expect to happen any time soon.

After seeing these two latest close games they couldn't win, does anyone have any words to give anyone any faith in this team?
Or am I going to get a lot of agreement that there is no way, no how this team will make it to the Super Bowl?
Also, with it in mind of the way they have been blowing playoff games the last few years, it is just so darn hard to have any more Super Bowl bound expectations in the Packers.

I guess just take it one game at a time and go with whatever happens, happens.
What you see on the field is a reflection of their Head Coach.

Jmurray

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been stuck in second gear for years under Thompson and McCarthy.
If it hadn't been for the stellar play of Aaron Rodgers the Packers would have been an 8-8 team at best.
Now Rodgers stellar play has disintegrated for reasons unknown and the Packers will probably be lucky to go 8-8.
They have shifted into reverse.

The Green Bay Packers Board of Directors needs to take the bull by the horns and fire Murphy, Thompson and McCarthy.
It's time!
I would like to see Rodgers with a new head coach. I think that could jump start him and if the team can stay relatively healthy - they might see one more SB run with him as the QB.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sure threw it long a bunch. And what was really bad was that most of the time he threw it; the receiver was completely blanketed. Although there were at least two where Rodgers just made a bad throw.

LoneStarPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what would yall consider the bigger problem: The play calling? The managing of the players/cap? Or Ted's BAP approach to building the team in the Draft?

D

Deleted member 6794

So what would yall consider the bigger problem: The play calling? The managing of the players/cap? Or Ted's BAP approach to building the team in the Draft?

In my opinion the team is currently not playing anywhere close to their potential therefore the coaching staff as well as the players deserve to share the blame.

LoneStarPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like the players are there (not the 2010 crew tho) but they just haven't been able to find a way to make it work. So I agree with your opinion but 70/30 coaches/players imo.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's a good point ! I would not want to to trade either one, but encourage them to restructure their contracts
downward for the good of the team. I think Favre did that once.

D

Deleted member 6794

I feel like the players are there (not the 2010 crew tho) but they just haven't been able to find a way to make it work. So I agree with your opinion but 70/30 coaches/players imo.

The lack of talent at tight end, inside linebacker and possibly wide receiver is on Thompson though.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sure threw it long a bunch. And what was really bad was that most of the time he threw it; the receiver was completely blanketed. Although there were at least two where Rodgers just made a bad throw.

I don't really like that too often either, it's a low percentage play. It's better to stick with the short high percentage throws most of the time especially on third down where you really need it.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lack of talent at tight end, inside linebacker and possibly wide receiver is on Thompson though.
Still don't know why they don't give Perillo a real chance. I think they targeted him twice for 2 completion. Rodgers had several drops. What in the world do they have to lose?? And I wanted them to give Janis a chance. Well, he's had his chance. And anyway, why not put in Geronimo and Davis more and take Janis out more often?

LoneStarPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Indeed. The BAP approach has been decent but I would like to see Ted be slightly more aggressive in the Draft. (Even though we all know that's not going to happen lol)

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indeed. The BAP approach has been decent but I would like to see Ted be slightly more aggressive in the Draft. (Even though we all know that's not going to happen lol)

I think if TT was GM at the time they would have never got Favre or Reggie White !

Building through the draft is a noble intention, but sometimes a draft pick is a total bust (Tony Mandrich). At least with a trade or signing an established free agent you more or less know what your getting.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts