just saw on espn

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just saw on espn that is the packers signed owens, brett would of made his decision to come back saturday night i believe mortenson said. brett wants to come back but wants the packers to get some impact players.

in really believe that hes coming back. just we need to sign some people so he can have a chance to win.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
i just saw on espn that is the packers signed owens, brett would of made his decision to come back saturday night i believe mortenson said. brett wants to come back but wants the packers to get some impact players.

in really believe that hes coming back. just we need to sign some people so he can have a chance to win.

I wonder where these ESPN guys get their info??? My guess is.......they just GUESS!!! They don't know any more then you or i do. But it makes for good TV i guess.........

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not everything ESPN says is true. There is a considerable bias there especially to sensationalism. Most of their opinions are flat out incorrect and mostly wrong. It is one of the worst sources of information and I would think most people over 21 have figured that out unless you live east of New Jersey and north of Maryland.

If you believe ESPN then you believe politicians and lawyers don't lie either.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Not everything ESPN says is true. There is a considerable bias there especially to sensationalism. Most of their opinions are flat out incorrect and mostly wrong. It is one of the worst sources of information and I would think most people over 21 have figured that out unless you live east of New Jersey and north of Maryland.

If you believe ESPN then you believe politicians and lawyers don't lie either.

SO true Cali............the FEW times these "pros" guess right, they pound their chests and say I WAS RIGHT!!! The MANY times they are wrong, they just ignore. It's all about dragging in viewers, and sensationalism draws them in. The boring truth doesn't do it.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB signed Owens you can kiss the next few seasons goodbye! The cancer has arrived. Thought he'd gone to Dallas.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You mean the Pack would be SB bound this year or the next..

...don't you?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that there were very few top notch FA wr's this year and they have all been signed, history tells us that it takes at least 2, most of the time 3 years for a college player to grasp the WCO and make a difference, so I say it is time for TT and Javon Walker to get together and get some kind of deal done.

Javon is the best available receiver left, he doesn't want to sit out and TT doesn't want him to, if anything add some incentives to this years contract so if Javon is 100%, he can make the money he deserves, if he isn't 100% or gets hurt again then The Packers aren't out anymore money.

Javon needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, but on the other hand TT need to work with these guys a little bit.

DD, Javon, Rod Gardner, Robert Ferguson,A. Green, S. Gado, William Henderson,Bubba, Donald Lee, that is a lineup of formidable weapons, enough in my opinion to make Brett want to come back.

Oh and TT look for at least 1 FA guard.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree with you Buckeye...

But expect to get "ripped" here by some posters who think TT should give Javon the high hat.....

TT does need to do something besides his perverse power play of saying i'm sticking to "my plan"...and keeping tight lipped about it....

Love it or leave it...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that story. I hovered around the TV for a full hour reading a magazine, thinking that they had an interview with Favre. And all they had was Chris Mortenson speculating that Favre is less likely to play this season now that Owens has been signed by the Cowboys. Whether this was a major consideration for Favre is anybody's guess. As far as I know, he never said anything one way or another about wanting to play with Owens. Also, Thompson never showed any interest in Owens, the Packers already have two starting receivers on the roster, and I'm guessing that Owens' buddy Javon Walker probably has not put in a good word for the Packer management.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's taken a year and a half 66, but we finally agreed on something!!!

Don't let the others get to you, some just post to argue.

This still if the best site around to get the latest Packer news.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sources I respect greatly, when they stopped laughing, asked me if the phrase "When Hell freezes over" rang a bell when I checked on the T.O. and T.T. connection rumor. They went on to say that T.T. will deal with Drew R. when he has to, but he would never consider begging for the trouble that T.O. would potentially bring especially with D.R. as his agent.

They also confirmed that rumors were probably true that T.O. was a lock to sign with Dallas -- which he subsequently did.

Plenty of folks here kept saying that there was no chance that T.O. would ever play on a T.T. managed team, but fans love to fantasize which is certainly their right as fans.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
tkpckfan said:

I wonder where these ESPN guys get their info??? My guess is.......they just GUESS!!! They don't know any more then you or i do. But it makes for good TV i guess.........

You're right Cheese, "guessing," but in the news reporting world it is called "sensationalism." Keep the masses on edge and interested, even if it means "emotional misleading jiggery-pokery." Now we know where the saying, "Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see!" comes from.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Navy Seal told me don't believe any thing you hear on CNN about Iraq. Why would ESPN be any different?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
carlos said:
A Navy Seal told me don't believe any thing you hear on CNN about Iraq. Why would ESPN be any different?

When ESPN favors ones hopes its then believed. When ESPN opposes what one wants to hear, ESPN then becomes fake an irreputable.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
You mean the Pack would be SB bound this year or the next..

...don't you?

Yep but we don't want a guy with a big mouth! We can't handle a player that yaps. One that has never been arrested for anything, one that has never tested positive for drugs, one that has never *****slapped his wife around (a la our re-signed starting RB). No we can't sign a talent like Owens because a QB with no self confidence like McNabb and a coach who will do anything to bring some confidence to him, couldn't handle T.O.'s mouth. Check the locker room folks. About half the eagles teamed with T.O. during their tiff.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Check the locker room folks. About half the eagles teamed with T.O. during their tiff.

ABOUT HALF?

So we want a divided locker room? Do you guys even like the packers?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Check the locker room folks. About half the eagles teamed with T.O. during their tiff.

ABOUT HALF?

Who is you guys? Yes I like the Packers...but I don't give **** to TT. He should have gone after TO.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
DePack said:

ABOUT HALF?

Who is you guys? Yes I like the Packers...but I don't give **** to TT. He should have gone after TT.

TT who? He is TT.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guhihrtuihwehrfuh43t97234h90tgh32f3f

I just died a little...LOL

and the logic of some of these 'fans' comes back to bite them.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I believe you spelled "I like little boys" incorrectly.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Possible, but nothing wrong with that. I like little boys too. They are cheap labor and make good Nike apparrel.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

another classy insightful post. I do like em, I joined ****** with Cheesey(he got kicked out cuz he thought it stood for 'Nutty Advocates of Musical Beautiful Ladies of Australia' He loves them australians. LOLOL!

Members online

Latest posts