1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

"just one game."

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Sep 14, 2012.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,009
    after seeing so many pittiful consecutive defensive performances, we're all stoked about what we saw lastnight.....howeva haha. It's just one game, the good teams can have a stretch of performances like that so.... before i say we look like 2010 again i need to see consecutive performances where the defense shows up. That means don't go out next week and give up 400 yds of offense to the Seahawks. That's not having a good defense.

On another note i think Capers is a secret member in our forum, he did 3 of the 4 thing's i wanted to see on defense and i saw some other thing's some of you posted implemented in last night's game plan. So i guess i'll say it for all of us who added our 2 cents. You're welcome Dom;)

BTW don't forget to bring extra pressure up the middle because we will be facing a 5'10 qb and that'll make it super hard for him to find those passing lanes.

2. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,019
    Yes, it was just one game but what was the number 1 probem with the Packers' D last year? Some may say 'tackling' but IMO it was lack of a pass rush and what have we seen in "just two games"? Even with the confusion in the D backfield and some sloppy tackling vs. the 9ers, we saw better pressure against a very good team which runs the ball more than it passes it than we saw in almost any game last year. That was a good sign. Last night we saw the Packers D dominate a team with a bad OL. No, we can't expect that game after game, but if they stay healthy and the youngsters continue to improve, what Capers said before the season - this D will be much better in December than it is now - is likely to come true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Each opponent week to week is different. Preparing for each one is special. Sometimes the matchup does not appear favorably. Sometimes it appears very favorably. Seattle will present a different challenge than the Saints will the following week. I would hope that our defense can come close to another performance like that against Seattle. But against Brees I would expect that our offense show some of last year's phenomenal play.

4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'm actually looking forward to the Saints. Zach Streif? Clay shalt feast! Brian De-la-puente? Meh. PATRICK.FREAKIN.ROBINSON. YATZEE!!! We'll see if Brees can shake off the slump from his short preseason. It's everybody else on that team we have to worry about. Should be a fun game!!!