Just got Back from....

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

My holiday (vacation) to Malta in the Med. Walking along the seafront at Sliema with my wife, wearing my Packers teeshirt, I was approached by a very curiously excited Maltese guy asking if I was from the U.S. He told me he was a massive fan of the Packers........see ? we get everywhere !

M

mayo44

My holiday (vacation) to Malta in the Med. Walking along the seafront at Sliema with my wife, wearing my Packers teeshirt, I was approached by a very curiously excited Maltese guy asking if I was from the U.S. He told me he was a massive fan of the Packers........see ? we get everywhere !

Got a question for you if you don't mind. I always kind of wondered what you guys call holidays since to you a holiday is a vacation. Like what would you call Christmas, Easter, New Years, etc generally speaking?

OP
OP
I

Got a question for you if you don't mind. I always kind of wondered what you guys call holidays since to you a holiday is a vacation. Like what would you call Christmas, Easter, New Years, etc generally speaking?
they would probably be called NATIONAL holidays I guess. When WE go on what you guys would call your vacation, we would call that our holidays. If you understand me ???

M

mayo44

Hahaha..........drink tea all day. Whats so special about the fourth of July ???? some obscure bit of history ? :rolleyes:

I think a group of guys from the Atlantic coast metaphorically flipped the bird at some mentally ill king :confused: somewhere a long time ago or something like that.

IIRC, he didn't take too kindly to it either.:mad:

OP
OP
I

I think a group of guys from the Atlantic coast metaphorically flipped the bird at some mentally ill king :confused: somewhere a long time ago or something like that.

IIRC, he didn't take too kindly to it either.:mad:
As it didn`t impact on me personally Mayo, I`m not losing too much sleep over it. As I`m not really that much of a royalist, no problem there either.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Hahaha..........drink tea all day. Whats so special about the fourth of July ???? some obscure bit of history ? :rolleyes:

There was this rebellion which, when finished, led to the creation of the Packers.

So in a way it was a good thing!

Plus we all made up and became allies soon after.

And the most important lesson in all of history is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, no matter WHICH side of the Pond you're on:

THE BEARS STILL SUCK! :D

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little in favor of the Easter rising of 1916. I'm pretty sure there were some Packers fans involved.

OP
OP
I

I'm a little in favor of the Easter rising of 1916. I'm pretty sure there were some Packers fans involved.
As THIS one DID impact on me slightly, I`d prefer not to be drawn into a discussion on this if you don`t mind ?. The same as I wouldn`t want to offend Americans by discussing the massacre at wounded knee. ;)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As THIS one DID impact on me slightly, I`d prefer not to be drawn into a discussion on this if you don`t mind ?. The same as I wouldn`t want to offend Americans by discussing the massacre at wounded knee. ;)
No problem. I like the way you think, I think.

OP
OP
I

No problem. I like the way you think, I think.
No problem here either JB ;). What you saw was a bit of friendly banter between friends mate. The war of independence has never been a problem with me, and I very rarely carry a grudge...lol :tup:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
glad you had a good vacation Bill. We recently had some guest students come through a class at our coast guard unit, they were from Bermuda. One of them saw my packers hat and went ape ****...lol....he was all about the packers. He even offered to buy my used hat from me, told him no, but gave him a packers coffee mug and he was stoked. The fans are world wide indeed.

OP
OP
I

glad you had a good vacation Bill. We recently had some guest students come through a class at our coast guard unit, they were from Bermuda. One of them saw my packers hat and went ape ****...lol....he was all about the packers. He even offered to buy my used hat from me, told him no, but gave him a packers coffee mug and he was stoked. The fans are world wide indeed.
If you`re giving away freebies, can I visit too ?? :D

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I was up in Fort Atkinson, WI yesterday and stopped by a store to get some stuff for work. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to walk into a store and see Packer garb instead of having to look at all this Bears s**t. :)

I'm heading back down to our plant in Mexico and purchased a Packer T-shirt for the lone Packer fan I found at our plant there. His only evidence of his fandom is a small coaster he keeps in his cube so thought the T-shirt might go over well. We'll know more by Monday.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

So how was Malta? I was reading it is a good place to retire to.

Members online

Latest posts