Just Get Rid Of Them All.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many Packer Fans on this board have a history of calling for the disposal of many Packer Players and Coaches... One thing I have learned is this is almost tradition here.

Now while I agree that it is time for Sherman to have a career adjustment it is not becuase he is a bad coach it is becuase it is the right time for both him and the Packer Organization to bring some new blood into the head coaching position.

What kills me though is the way some of you give up on so many young players so fast.

Last year it was a frenzy posts to cut B.J. Sander. What a waste some wrote, I hate em, others wrote. Geeze I can see why so many of you loved coach Holmgren.

This year in the Seahawks camp Homgren gave up on and cut rookie punter from UCLA Chris Kluwe in favor of a 10 year Vet Leo Araguz who only had one decent year in ten years and that was with my Raidaaahs in 1977. Ohhh... How has that turned out? Well Right now Kluwe is leading the NFL in punting for the Vikes with a 49.9 yard average and Araguz is ranked 23rd in the NFL.

Carrol... Same thing. What a waste some wrote, I hate em, others wrote.
A. Carrol is making all of you look like the arm chair QB's we all are.

Remember a player who's pro career got off to a slow start as he divided his time between fullback and quarterback for two different head coaches. The Packers should have cut those ties early but they did not and it all changed when Vince Lombardi was named coach and he made Hornung his starting halfback.

Now there is a thread full of Trade last years first round pick? My gosh... I sit here laughing. Arron is sitting behind and learning behind one of the greatest players in the history of the game.

Remember this guy? Drafted by the lowly Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1984. After three seasons learning his trade, he got his big break; In 1987, he was traded to the San Francisco 49ers. After backing up Hall of Famer Joe Montana, he got the starting job in '91 when Montana was injured, and he never looked back. Guess Who?

Lets get a grip people. Please!

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman is just proving how bad he is. In the past, it was always "well, hes doing 2 jobs, coach AND gm." Now he can focus just on coaching, and well...its horrible. The clock management alone ive seen this season is enough to drive me crazy.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as I can remember the packers have been the most dominant team in the nfc north, that being said I'd sure like to know what (up until this year) the fans have had to complain about. Being a lions fan my whole life has meant heart ache almost every year when I've figured out it's the same old lions. We need a new owner and general manager if the lions are ever going to be successful. One playoff win in 48 years and the longest road losing streak in league history gives the fans something to complain about. How many times have the packers been to the playoffs in those 48 years? People who want a dominant team every year crack me up. I understand the lions are the exception to the rule when it comes to rebuilding, not everyone rebuilds for almost 50 years, but you guys need to be a little more tolerant of your team and it's players. You knew farve couldn't play forever and the rebuild was going to start eventually right? Just hope it doesn't take you guys as long to rebuild as it has us.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it looks like this is gonna be a 2 half rebuilding process. Right now the defense and O-line is going through changes.

Soon it will be QB\HB ...which is major.

so far we're just going through little inconvenient rebuilding phases.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Chris Havel made some interesting points in his column today. He said the Packers are in kind of a transition phase, where Thompson and Sherman and Bates might have spent too much time evaluting the players instead of spending more time preparing them for the season.

That's kind of true, bucause I was hoping they would have selected their starting secondary and offensive line earlier in the preseason so they would have had more time to work together to get ready for the season. There are other reasons that have contributed to the losses too, but I think that's a part of it.

As to RPs point, I pretty much gave up on Kenny Peterson early in the preseason because he seemed like too much of a tweener. It sounds like he is starting to come around now though. I hope he can continue to step up, because we need some young blood on the D-line to step up.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point on Sanders is that you NEVER spend a third round pick on a punter.........NEVER!

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
My point on Sanders is that you NEVER spend a third round pick on a punter.........NEVER!

I can understand why you think the way you do, and I am not arguing with you on this. I just ask that you look at it from a little different angle.

A good punter will give you on average about 8 years of solid play in the NFL. A good punter will make a world of difference in field position during a game and that makes a huge difference when the Defense takes the field.

Now answer me this then please...

Which one of the 11 third round picks the Packers have made in the last 8 years will contribute more to the Packers than B.J. Sander over their Packer Career.

Infact which one of the last 10 3rd round picks (Other Than BJ.) are starting for the Packers? All of them were not punters?

Terrence Murphy- WR
Dontell Washington- DT
Joey Thomas-DB
Kenny Peterson-DB
Marques Anderson-DB
Bhawauh Jue-DB
Steve Warren-DB
Mike Mckenzie-DB
Cletidus Hunt-DT
Johnathon Brown-DT

Just answer those questions and I will say never draft a punter in the third round for the rest of my life.

RP

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is this......Minnisota did not even spend a draft pick and they now have a very good punter by just being smart.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout

Now you are sounding like Bill O'Reilly, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and all of congress.

Please just answer the question: Do not point out one single anomaly like the acquisition Kluwe of as fact for your argument on this subject.

I will ask it again, and I can not wait for your answer.

Which one of the third round picks the Packers have made in the last 8 years will contribute more to the Packers than B.J. Sander over their Packer Career.

Terrence Murphy- WR
Dontell Washington- DT
Joey Thomas-DB
Kenny Peterson-DB
Marques Anderson-DB
Bhawauh Jue-DB
Steve Warren-DB
Mike Mckenzie-DB
Cletidus Hunt-DT
Johnathon Brown-DT

The truth is in history of the stats I posted on the Packers 3rd round picks in the last eight years. The fact is, it was a great 3rd round pick for the Packers to pick B.J. just like it was a great pick for Al Davis to take Shane Lechler in the third round 5 years ago.

Shane Lechler is only 29 years old. For 5 years now he has been a roster position the Raiders need not worry about, trade for, and he has never cost the team a loss.

For the next 5 years (at least) the Pack need not worry about the punting position. BJ is solid and just had some jitters after the draft last year.

Answer me this... How many games were lost by drafting Mckenzie in the 3rd round. I remember him being dragged into the endzone for many touchdowns on the back of a WR because he did not know how to tackle from behind after he broke for the ball instead of the man.

Lets continue this post when BJ is 29 years old and then let's go over the Packers 3rd round picks since the drafting of BJ Sander.

I rest my case. But that does not mean that I have NOT learned a great deal from your posts, becuase I have.

R.P.

Staff online

Members online