Just fond out about Reggie White

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who may actually think Ingle Martin might make it big in this league needs to get there head examined anyway.

I am a supporter of his, no doubt.

He set records at Furman college my friend. You don't set records at Furman if you're not born to be a Hall of Fame QB.

Some things are set in stone. Ingle Martin's place in the Hall is one of those.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Anyone who may actually think Ingle Martin might make it big in this league needs to get there head examined anyway.

I am a supporter of his, no doubt.

He set records at Furman college my friend. You don't set records at Furman if you're not born to be a Hall of Fame QB.

Some things are set in stone. Ingle Martin's place in the Hall is one of those.

He's out of the NFL in 2 years......You heard it right here!

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:
I was just making a point.......Reggie White was one of the most prolific atlethes ever. I find it hard to believe some havent heard of him.

Yeah, he was an awesome football player and a great man, but from what I understand Green_Bay_Packers is a newer Packers fan (correct me if I am wrong) and in England so it is possible he wouldn't know...Now I think we can all agree he was an awesome player and a true hero.

well thats true im 15 and have only been into the NFL for about 3 years.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Donald Driver was drafted in the 7th round out of Alcorn State, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. It was people like you who never gave them a chance and look at what they are now. The only people who need there head examined are the ones who dont even give the players a chance.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:

Donald Driver was drafted in the 7th round out of Alcorn State, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. It was people like you who never gave them a chance and look at what they are now. The only people who need there head examined are the ones who dont even give the players a chance.

Well, ask guys like Spergon Wynn and Akili Smith...... Im not throwing him under the bus, I just dont have a good feeling about the guy. Perhaps Arena Football is better suited for him.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, Reggie White had more to do with the return to glory of the Green Bay Packers than Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre combined.

After many years of the opposite, he made it OK to be a Green Bay Packer again. The Super Bowl win was a direct result of that.

JMHO

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, Reggie White had more to do with the return to glory of the Green Bay Packers than Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre combined.

After many years of the opposite, he made it OK to be a Green Bay Packer again. The Super Bowl win was a direct result of that.

JMHO

He helped bring respect to the Packers organization

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For our young Packer fan, you might find this interesting. Reggie White was a dominate Player on dominate teams in high school, college and with the Eagles and Packers in the Pros, but NEVER was on a championship team until the Packers won the Super Bowl after the 1996 season. That's one reason why Reggie loved Green Bay so much. That love was echoed by every Packer fan.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The CLUB

In part

"Tom Thayer, a Chicago Bears offensive lineman who played against White several times in his career, called White “the most dominating defensive player of anybody’s time.” That from a man who played his entire Bears career with Hall of Fame linebacker Mike Singletary."

“You don’t need someone’s opinion to tell you how great he was because there’s so much visual evidence,” Thayer said. “Just look at the tapes. That evidence is the greatest compliment you can give. He’d toss a guy to the ground whether the guy was 280 pounds or 350 pounds.”

In his first season with the Eagles, White recorded 13 sacks in 13 games. He followed with seasons of 18, 21 and 18 sacks.

Resepct

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Packerfanforever said:

Well, ask guys like Spergon Wynn and Akili Smith...... Im not throwing him under the bus, I just dont have a good feeling about the guy. Perhaps Arena Football is better suited for him.
Hindsight is always 20-20 when it comes to players. For every "can't miss" early round pick that bombs, there is a surprise like Driver that makes all the teams that passed him up look like idiots.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... that makes all the teams that passed him up look like idiots.

Is that kinda like a team that drafts Tony Mandarich when Troy Aikman, Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion Sanders were still available? :razz:

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Is that kinda like a team that drafts Tony Mandarich when Troy Aikman, Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion Sanders were still available? :razz:

Or Troy Williamson, Erasmus James, Etc.............

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Hey.........I'm not gonna deny that the Packers screwed up BIG on that one.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Aikman??? He wasn't available!!! Dallas picked him #1 that year.

Had we drafted him, would we have traded for Brett a couple of years later?
Would Dallas have won their SuperBowls? Would Troy have been dynamic enough to take the Packers to their SuperBowls? My guess would be NO to all three questions. So I guess the only winner would have been the Vikings.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:

Or Troy Williamson, Erasmus James, Etc.............

Also lets not forget guys like Michael Bennett, Chris Hovan, Raonall Smith, etc.... You guys have had your share of terrible decisions too.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uwbadger12000 said:
Where's Demetrius Underwood now?

Last I heard, he was dating Andrea Bowen.

Nah, I heard Underwood turned homosexual. He turned that way when he was drafted just to fit in with everybody else on the team. :rotflmao:

I actually am dating Andrea Bowen. Underwood is like ten years older than her. That's just gross.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty funny..A Viking fan attempting to make fun of Packer drafts. I'm not saying we've been flawless when it comes to draft day, but let's be real. I don't remember the Packers sitting on their thumbs while other teams RAN TO THE PODIUM while the Vikings failed to make a draft pick. Oh yeah, TWO F'ING YEARS IN A ROW.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember the Packers sitting on their thumbs while other teams RAN TO THE PODIUM while the Vikings failed to make a draft pick. Oh yeah, TWO F'ING YEARS IN A ROW.

I hate to defend the Vikings, but they only did it once. That was the Kevin Williams debacle. The year before that, the Cowboys let the clock run out on them and the Vikings were critacized(sp?) for not picking their player before the Cowboys. The Cowboys beat the Vikings to the podium and traded down with the Chiefs, so KC took the guy the Vikings wanted, Ryan Sims. The Vikings ended up taking Bryant McKinnie while the Cowboys took Roy Williams.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You guys are unreal. This is about Reggie White. Show some respect.

Let's get back on track. To lead the way, I offer you a video that was created by "Cyoung"

[align=center][flash width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/k4KFuGod5EU.swf[/flash][/align]

Members online

Latest posts