Just fond out about Reggie White

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
I cant believe how young he was.

what he a great player?

You didnt know who the Minister of defense was? Are you kidding me? Are you asking if he was a great player? He only is 1 of the best ever, with 1 hand he threw people out of the way. He had 198 sacks in his career only Bruce Smith had more (200). Micheal Strahan has 132 and Simeon Rice has 121.

Reggie White was a hero. He the best on the field and off of the field too.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White is one of my many heroes, The Day he died I was at a restaurant with my family and the tv was on and they announced it, it was a sad day. I have read his autobiography (Reggie White: In the Trenches) about 10 times, it is very inspiring and overall just a great story. He was an awesome football player and an even better person. He is one of the best Defensive lineman and will always be remembered.

R.I.P Minister of Defense

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He touched alot of lives, thats for sure.
If you ever get the chance, check out the movie he made called "Reggie's Prayer". It was a low budget film, but I thought it was excellent.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be a complete idiot to not know who Reggie White is. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention!!

Well he does live in England I dont think Green Bay Packer news reaches out there....lets try not to insult people.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:
You must be a complete idiot to not know who Reggie White is. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention!!

Well he does live in England I dont think Green Bay Packer news reaches out there....lets try not to insult people.
I agree Cyoung.............i think some people automatically think EVERYONE knows the Green Bay Packers and their whole history.
A relatively new fan comes here and asks honest questions, and deserves civil answers.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just making a point.......Reggie White was one of the most prolific atlethes ever. I find it hard to believe some havent heard of him.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just making a point.......Reggie White was one of the most prolific atlethes ever. I find it hard to believe some havent heard of him.

Yeah, he was an awesome football player and a great man, but from what I understand Green_Bay_Packers is a newer Packers fan (correct me if I am wrong) and in England so it is possible he wouldn't know...Now I think we can all agree he was an awesome player and a true hero.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand..........no need to feel picked on. GBP isn't from this country, so he still is learning about the Packers history.
If you put me in England and asked me about some huge soccer hero there, i wouldn't have a CLUE about ANY of them.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

what he a great player?

Darius Holland was a better player. I would also put Donnell Washington right up there with Reggie White!! HAHA

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh........i have the hat too. They were selling them here after the Super Bowl for i believe just under $20.
I don't know what Ebay gets for them now though.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:
If you put me in England and asked me about some huge soccer hero there, i wouldn't have a CLUE about ANY of them.

:rotflmao: Me either I would be an outcast when it came to soccer...Like Cheesey said please dont feel "picked on" we all love new members

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think i paid about £8 for it about $16 it just sits on my south park kenny gaining value

As for english pack fans id like to think i knew a lot about the pack but really i dont i mostly read about history and stuff

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

what he a great player?

I think you are all reading this post wrong.

The statement "I can't believe how young he was" would say that he is referring to Reggie's passing -- not that he did not know who he was. It is understandable that a fan in England would not see Reggie's obituary.

Why does every statement a person makes need to be ridiculed?

BTW -- I believe GBP is a teenager so he would have only been a young child when Reggie was playing. That would be like asking how many of us (I am 38) saw Merlin Olsen play (before he started doing flower commercials).

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:
I understand..........no need to feel picked on. GBP isn't from this country, so he still is learning about the Packers history.

I know about soccer. That Travis Beckum is a solid soccer player. No, wait...............uh, nevermind. :rotflmao:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW -- I believe GBP is a teenager so he would have only been a young child when Reggie was playing. That would be like asking how many of us (I am 38) saw Merlin Olsen play (before he started doing flower commercials).

Oh my god, that made me bust out laughing.

"I'm friends with Merlin Olsen... He comes over... on occasion...."

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
David Beckham

There is something called a joke. Evidently you don't know what a joke is.

This is David Beckham:

This is Travis Beckum:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Travis Beckum. So I'm still winning.

And now that's twice I've been accused of not having a sense of humor.

You people don't want me to make you laugh. Believe me. Your sides will bleed.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I don't see Travis Beckum. So I'm still winning.

And now that's twice I've been accused of not having a sense of humor.

You people don't want me to make you laugh. Believe me. Your sides will bleed.

perhaps you should just lighten up. After all, this is just a forum

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody that wants to know about Reggie White, The Green Bay Press Gazette has website www.packersnews.com

On the home page of packersnews.com on far left side column under Special reports - located near bottom of this column under "remembering Reggie White". "mouse it "and there will be many articles written in tribute to and about Reggie White during the time the Packer retired his number 92.

The ceremony celebrating the retirement of his # 92 was held at Lambeau Field on September 18th, 2005. These articles will give you much information concerning Reggie White and also all the great Packers who also had their numbers retired by the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts