Just announced.....Pack interested in Brees

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT might go after DB. If BF comes back, we won't have to worry about AR. I still think CN has been a better QB then AR has shown so far.

Now, if you will excuse me, i have to take a BM!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!! :lol: (Sometimes i crack myself up!!!) :lol:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use abreviations cause it feels like I'm being timed or something when I post. It seems like I'm on the clock or whatever as often when i go to hit submit "ERROR" comes up and erases all that thought provoking stuff I put in. It's like "times up, you lose".
I have also considered that there is a "simultaneous moderator". THE ONE who actually see's our posts as they are being written and determines they are so full of crap they throw the "ERROR" page up and zip, it's gone.

But then realized after reading many posts that would have obviously never made it in that there is no such ONE, or, he too takes a number of BM's and they slip past him.
Whatever, I must say I am proud that I only used one abbreviation in THIS post.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made Brees decent? The first couple of years he was marginal. They built their OL up a bit and a little known RB named LaDamian Tomlinson. Add some pressure of the number one pick( I know Cry-baby Manning was truly #1 but...) druelling to play and zip boom bang, he's good. I think Brees, coupled with his shoulder, will be another Kurt Warner story. Too pricey for a decent QB. Spend the dough on some good guards, maybe another CB or LB, and we're right there again. Given time to throw and a productive running game, coupled with a D keeping you in the game, and we're plug and play with any QB.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This rumor makes no sense to me. Brees is one of the best QB's in the league. He's been good for two years now, and his prime is still ahead of him. By all accounts, he is expected to fully and quickly recover from his injury. So why would he want to go to Green Bay, where the Favre situation is still uncertain and the "QB of the future" is already waiting in the wings?

It makes even less sense for Green Bay. Even if Favre retires, they would be investing a lot of money in the QB position. There are only two scenarios where Brees would be worth considering:

1. Thompson is trying to pressure Favre into a decision. This seems kind of low-class to me, but I guess you never know. Business can be brutal sometimes. But on the other hand, I think it would really get Favre teed off, and I doubt that Thompson wants Favre's relationship with the Packers to end on that note.

2. Thompson knows that Favre is going to retire AND that Aaron Rodgers is unlikely to pan out. But considering that Thompson drafted Rodgers in the first round and that QB's take a few years to develop, it's unlikely that Thompson would give up on him already.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think TT might go after DB. If BF comes back, we won't have to worry about AR. I still think CN has been a better QB then AR has shown so far.

Now, if you will excuse me, i have to take a BM!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!! :lol: (Sometimes i crack myself up!!!) :lol:

The next thing you know we'll see hieroglyphics, cyphers, and maybe even alien code. Someone else already wants to do away with some capitalization and the end punctuation mark. LoL :p

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I use abreviations cause it feels like I'm being timed or something when I post. It seems like I'm on the clock or whatever as often when i go to hit submit "ERROR" comes up and erases all that thought provoking stuff I put in. It's like "times up, you lose".
I have also considered that there is a "simultaneous moderator". THE ONE who actually see's our posts as they are being written and determines they are so full of crap they throw the "ERROR" page up and zip, it's gone.

But then realized after reading many posts that would have obviously never made it in that there is no such ONE, or, he too takes a number of BM's and they slip past him.
Whatever, I must say I am proud that I only used one abbreviation in THIS post.

Warhawk........i did NOT intend to make you upset! I know what you were doing, and why. I just have this STRANGE sense of humor, that finds humor in almost anything! So when i read your post, that goofy response came to mind IMMEDIATLY, and i felt if i didn't write it down, i would lose my "comedians" license!!! Please do NOT take offense to my goofiness! I just can't HELP myself!!! :lol:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheese,
Don't worry. I loved it. No hard feelings. My response was totally tongue in cheek. Not that it matched your wit but I thought it was pretty damn funny. Read it again. I thought it was a good carry over.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Hawk......if that "simultanious moderator" was TRUE..........i'd only have 15 posts on this site!!!!LOLOL!!!
Sometimes when people write, you can't see the smile on their face. So your not certain if they are kidding, or really mean it.
I sit here, and this goofy stuff just "flows" out. I actually STOP myself MANY times from writting what i'm thinking. I figure if i don't, i'll either get booted, or locked up in a looney bin!!! :lol:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Brees' injury is major, its also been reported he's way ahead of schedule. Spose that doesn't mean he'll be the same player though.

Agreed - but here's the thing that this (or his) situation reminds me of....

You guys remember another shoulder injury which just about cancelled a career?

I'm talkin' Don Majikowski - you guys remember that.....
He never really was the same QB, after that and one wonders if the same will be said about Drew. I'd have to hear the Doctor's report and see him on film workin' out with the A-team.

Even then - that O-Line has to be solid, no two ways about it.
And that's talkin' about Brett (36), or Drew (26?) - either way, TT needs to focus on fixin' the Offense so even I can play Quarterback -- yea, as if!

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Thank you Backin normally people disagree with me and my dad when I say that.

That's because all some people see is the statistics, and not the environment that caused those statistics. Shallow thinkers never see beyond that which is the real reality, the deeper cause and effect of things!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll repeat what others have said. No matter who you have at QB, w/o a good OL that QB is in trouble on every play. We need a good LG and a good C NOW. I've heard that TT thinks Coston is our future LG...how he can tell now is anyone's guess. If he was worth a damn, he would have played last year during that debacle. Trusting the oft injured Flanagan at C again is ignoring the inevitable. Whittaker, or one of the others in that group MIGHT be a RG, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. If TT is serious about rebuilding this team, and it IS rebuilding, he'd better look long and hard at the OL...it always starts there.

Members online

Latest posts