Just announced.....Pack interested in Brees

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Channel 4 in Milwaukee just said McCarthy isn't sold on Rodgers, and is interested in Drew Brees. Looks like Aaron is going to have to be looking over his shoulder right away.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course MM\TT dont know if Brett is coming back, so they wont know if they SHOULD go after him or not, cuz Mr. Favre wants to wait until after the draft(in which they could also have gotten a QB btw) to make his decision.

I love favre
I love the packers

I HATE this situation.

MAKE A DECISION, BRETT!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if Favre has begun to show his hand a bit in his game of Poker. I dont think Brees would come here to be a back up and I dont think the Pack would spend the moneys to sign him if Brett was going to be back. Maybe I am just reading to much into it.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get all fired- up over Brees until we know he can still throw. Remember he tore up his shoulder playing a meaningless last game...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but whoever signs him(GB included) will sign him to a chunky contract, cuz of the potential. when healthy, hes a very solid QB.

Maybe this is TT playing hardball with brett? Saying "We're ready to move on if you're gonna take all year deciding" I wouldnt like them doing that, but do you think thats whats goin on?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows - could be that Favre was all set to watch free agency and then decide but of course that's been pushed back (and back,and back)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but whoever signs him(GB included) will sign him to a chunky contract, cuz of the potential. when healthy, hes a very solid QB.

Maybe this is TT playing hardball with brett? Saying "We're ready to move on if you're gonna take all year deciding" I wouldnt like them doing that, but do you think thats whats goin on?

Yeah I agree with that and it seems like a big game of Brinkmanship. I will say this that if Brett does keep this up he will start grating on fans. He has earned alot of respect and admiration but fans to get sick of the display.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This rumor I think got started with Brees agent. I don't know how true it is but The Packers are one of the top teams in money to spend this off season.

Every agent is going to say their client would like to go to the Packers, the packers are a great organization etc. Even when close to a deal with someone else they will say the Packers have shown interest so the team they are negotiating with up their offer.

Mentioning the Packers is just part of the negotiation. Don't believe all of them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
This rumor I think got started with Brees agent. I don't know how true it is but The Packers are one of the top teams in money to spend this off season.

Every agent is going to say their client would like to go to the Packers, the packers are a great organization etc. Even when close to a deal with someone else they will say the Packers have shown interest so the team they are negotiating with up their offer.

Mentioning the Packers is just part of the negotiation. Don't believe all of them.

good point.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if they are serious about Drew then I dont think Brett will be back,,just my viewpoint..maybe they already know something that we dont..

I hope Brett comes back,,keeping fingers crossed

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can sign Drew then I think it's a good deal, but that means they'll probably tell Favre to retire if he hasn't already told him he has.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

If he or the Packers are playing hardball with Brett, so be it. However I think its more of 'doing whats in the packers best interest' rather than playing hardball. Our Packers franchise can not sit and wait for Brett to decide. If a good player, QB is available, regardless of what Brett says we have to give them serious consideration.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees, huh? How do they plan to get him? TT has a history of not trading draft picks for players. Maybe he will trade Ahmad "Oh, Allah!" Carroll. LOL------- :lol: ---------lol

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
Drew Brees, huh? How do they plan to get him? TT has a history of not trading draft picks for players. Maybe he will trade Ahmad "Oh, Allah!" Carroll. LOL------- :lol: ---------lol

He's a free agent.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
[quote="BACKIN-PACKIN":32hbz83c]Drew Brees, huh? How do they plan to get him? TT has a history of not trading draft picks for players. Maybe he will trade Ahmad "Oh, Allah!" Carroll. LOL------- :lol: ---------lol

He's a free agent.[/quote:32hbz83c]

If he was really worth anything, do you think he would be a free agent?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
[quote="Toronto_Cheesehead":jn80m1d7][quote="BACKIN-PACKIN":jn80m1d7]Drew Brees, huh? How do they plan to get him? TT has a history of not trading draft picks for players. Maybe he will trade Ahmad "Oh, Allah!" Carroll. LOL------- :lol: ---------lol

He's a free agent.[/quote:jn80m1d7]

If he was really worth anything, do you think he would be a free agent?[/quote:jn80m1d7]

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
[quote="Toronto_Cheesehead":1eb9dtgt][quote="BACKIN-PACKIN":1eb9dtgt]Drew Brees, huh? How do they plan to get him? TT has a history of not trading draft picks for players. Maybe he will trade Ahmad "Oh, Allah!" Carroll. LOL------- :lol: ---------lol

He's a free agent.[/quote:1eb9dtgt]

If he was really worth anything, do you think he would be a free agent?[/quote:1eb9dtgt]

Was that your reaction when Reggie White was a free agent? :wink:

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
BACKIN-PACKIN said:
[quote="Toronto_Cheesehead":2vaubxh9][quote="BACKIN-PACKIN":2vaubxh9]Drew Brees, huh? How do they plan to get him? TT has a history of not trading draft picks for players. Maybe he will trade Ahmad "Oh, Allah!" Carroll. LOL------- :lol: ---------lol

He's a free agent.

If he was really worth anything, do you think he would be a free agent?[/quote:2vaubxh9]

Was that your reaction when Reggie White was a free agent? :wink:[/quote:2vaubxh9]

Reggie White had already established himself as a force to be dealt with; Drew Brees hasn't!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes no sense. Give Rodgers his chance if Favre doesn't come back and we have a lot bigger needs. Why overpay an slightly above QB that we don't even know can throw.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Makes no sense. Give Rodgers his chance if Favre doesn't come back and we have a lot bigger needs. Why overpay an slightly above QB that we don't even know can throw.

I agree. Rogers hasn't enough playing time (no playing time actually) to draw a conclusion either way. Until he is evaluated no one can say what his case is. And Brees has questions that have been unanswered as to his performance, basically, he hasn't established himself as any real threat. And all this premature talk about dumping Rodgers is a good ploy for this draft, only it's not coming from TT.

Members online

Latest posts