just a reminder.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers won the game but didnt beat a very good team.(im not trying to talk smack)

if they really got better we will find out next week.

im sure everyont knows that they didnt play good at all on d.

they gave up 442 yards on d.

the eagles have a pretty good o but i dont know about their d.

does any one know how their doing on d???

this game is over so lets talk about next week.

if they win next week favre will be one of the main reasons.

what do you guys think the packers need to do to win next week??

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say their D is below average. With Kearse out, that really hurts their pass rush. The 49ers just scored 24 on them this week, although a meaningless TD happened near the end of regulation. They only have one INT this year.

If they can shut Westbrook down, that would be a huge help. He had a monster day today. And I don't know how long Stallworth will be out, but let's face it, it probably doesn't matter who their receivers are.

The Pack D will really have to step it up this next week. It's MNF! Dun dun da dun!

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre said in the press confrence that the eagles are a sleeper team and are under rated.

he also said we have to play flawless football to win the game.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was being PC. But it is somewhat true.

The Eagles have played the Texans and the 49ers. Not exactly heavyweights. But the Giants game (which they should have won) is a better indicator.

The Eagles will be a tough team. But I think the Pack has matured a little since the trouncing from the Bears. The Pack do have a decent chance of winning the game, but it will be good test either way.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next week?

We need to contain Westbrook, first and foremost. I think we can put decent pressure on McNabb, but he'll kill us on checkdowns unless we can figure out a better solution than Poppinga. I'd give Taylor the start in a heartbeat, and during the bye I'd move Barnett outside and play Hodge in the middle. That'd give them two weeks of practice to adjust.

LJ Smith is going to be a problem, too. Another reason to keep Poppinga off the field. I'd probably continue to give him some LB time, but if I were Sanders, I'd turn him into an extra DE on third downs until he shows me he can cover a TE.

What we absolutely must not do is fall behind early. Philly plays well from behind, but we don't.

Offensively, I'd throw. A lot. Philly's secondary is hurting and none too deep. Win or lose, this should be another big game for Brett.

We can certainly win on Monday, but my early prediction would have to be a 28 - 21 loss.

Reaction score
Eagles played the 49ers and gave up 24 points. Not exactly inspiring from a Johnson D.

However their O is sick. If the Packers plan to win, they need their D to perform like they did today in the second half. The D is giving TOO many big plays, and that is the real worrying part. There are too many lapses that lead to a situation where the players are simply getting beat by other players.

On the O side, they need to get a running game going. Simply put, the O-line HAS to create holes.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We tend to have trouble up there in Philly Land, but could you imagine the feeling that would come from an upset up there ? Would be PRICELESS !!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
what do you guys think the packers need to do to win next week??

Good question.

Our DBs need to communicate with each other.

Our DL needs to apply some pressure on McNabb with or without a blitz.

Our receivers need to hang onto the ball.

Green and the running game needs to be somewhat productive, or if not, we need to have productive screen passes.

Above all, we need to generate turnovers, without turning the ball over too many times.

If we do these things, we can beat the Eagles. The Eagles offense is good, but their defense is average. We can beat them.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we should have won by more than 7 points because mm said this week he prepared his team in practice the best he had all year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Did anyone see Westbrook yesterday? I'm having nightmares about Poppinga trying to cover him (a matchup Andy Reid will surely exploit).

Poppinga can not cover Westbrook or Lj Smith. Put in an extra DB. Philly will throw no matter what. Reid is obsessed with McNabb's stats. Even if we bring in another DB he will continue to call short passing plays.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just who is this other DB that can cover Westbrook? I'm also concerned about Manuel trying to stop this guy too (remember Bryson from yesterday).

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's fast enough, and made a nice play on the ball to cause Manuel's interception yesterday, but I have a feeling that Reid would go to three receiver sets and still try to isolate Westbrook on Poppinga. I think this is the key matchup this week.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree you could but Carroll out as a spy so to speak and use three man fronts in the line currently pack uses a 4-3 rightwell shift to a 3-4 with carroll as a spy. Would could also put the hunter kid in as a blizting linebacker. (HE is Fast)

Members online

Latest posts