Just a quick piece on Brett I thought I would post :

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t retire, ex-teammates tell Favre

by Dylan B. Tomlinson
Source: PackersNews.com

Mar. 12, 2006

Some of Brett Favre’s former teammates have this advice for him: When you retire, you’ll miss football more than you know.

Frank Winters, Antonio Freeman and Santana Dotson — all Favre’s teammates when the Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl XXXI — all wanted to relay the same message to Favre on Saturday as he struggles with deciding whether to return to the Packers next season.

“Everybody knows he loves fishing, hunting, golfing and football,â€

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I have enjoyed watching Brett Favre all these years and for as much as I've always admired him as a player and a human being and for as much as I've admired his guts and intestinal fortitude and inner strength, and as much as I loved his raw talent, I've also come to tire of his thoughts of retirement. He talked about retireing a few years ago when his dad was still alive and even Irv said at that time, that's just Brett talking stupid. What I'm wondering however is if Brett feels today that his retirment is finally so much about talk as it is about reality. His team had a bad year last year and a sizable amount of that bad was the result of his play. We can talk all we want about the players he had to play with, but we can also talk about how you simply have to expect better decision making from a future HOF quarterback. I wondering if he thinks he can still play at a high level or if he feels his arm just doesn't have the strength or the accuracy to do what he once did. I know that other than Driver he doesn't have a receiver that knows how to break up a ball or knows how to come back to a ball. My point is that if there are doubts you either retire and then you don't have to worry about it, or you chose to come back and you find out what you have left. I'm getting the feeling however that this is becoming a bit of a game.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest problem facing Favre isn't whether retirement is for him or not. He knows he loves football, fishing and hunting, and tractor farming. He has plenty of time for the latter three, but not much time for the former.

Reggie White retired early, missed one year, then came back, and left the all time sack record for Bruch Smith. Barry Sanders walked away from football early and handed the all time rushing record to Emmitt Smith, thus losing it forever.

Favre is close to breaking Dan Marino's all time touchdown record, and he knows it. If he retires now, he will never get a chance to have a crack at it again. But he will have plenty of chances with his "trigger finger," and that new rod and reel! And as he rides his tractor in the farming countryside in the fields of Mississippi, he will look over the valley, and beyond the fields where the land and the sky meet, and he will see Lambeau field, but hear no cheering crowds, and he will wonder, "If I would have played just one more year, maybe...."

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i noticed what you said about recievers coming back to the ball and knocking it down or making the catch. thank you. that is what i have been preaching to my folks and friends that our recievers didnt even try and come back to the ball they waited for the ball to come to them. and if the cb can stop and come back and intercept it why cant the reciever. ive seen that time and time again and it irritates the sh** out of me

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
As much as I have enjoyed watching Brett Favre all these years and for as much as I've always admired him as a player and a human being and for as much as I've admired his guts and intestinal fortitude and inner strength, and as much as I loved his raw talent, I've also come to tire of his thoughts of retirement. He talked about retireing a few years ago when his dad was still alive and even Irv said at that time, that's just Brett talking stupid. What I'm wondering however is if Brett feels today that his retirment is finally so much about talk as it is about reality. His team had a bad year last year and a sizable amount of that bad was the result of his play. We can talk all we want about the players he had to play with, but we can also talk about how you simply have to expect better decision making from a future HOF quarterback. I wondering if he thinks he can still play at a high level or if he feels his arm just doesn't have the strength or the accuracy to do what he once did. I know that other than Driver he doesn't have a receiver that knows how to break up a ball or knows how to come back to a ball. My point is that if there are doubts you either retire and then you don't have to worry about it, or you chose to come back and you find out what you have left. I'm getting the feeling however that this is becoming a bit of a game.

Well you're wrong. This is not a game. It's his life. Nobody, especially Brett Favre, cares if packedhouse01 or DePack or any other GM wannabe is tired of waiting on him to decide. When it comes time for you to make such a lifechanging decision, I'm sure Brett will be right there bugging you about it everyday!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
packedhouse01 said:

Well you're wrong.

and your opinion has now been debunked. Ignorance reigns supreme here.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Debunked - To expose or ridicule the falseness, sham, or exaggerated claims of: debunk a supposed miracle drug.

That is what you did when you said "Well you're wrong." You ridiculed the (supposedly) falseness of his post.

I have to explain free agency and the Sun to pack66, I have to teach you english...

packerforum.com is a fulltime job.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Debunked - To expose or ridicule the falseness, sham, or exaggerated claims of: debunk a supposed miracle drug.

That is what you did when you said "Well you're wrong." You ridiculed the (supposedly) falseness of his post.

I have to explain free agency and the Sun to pack66, I have to teach you english...

packerforum.com is a fulltime job.

tromadz, while your're at, the English lesson, that is, please explain to some here that the use of THEN and THAN are not interchangeable.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at fanfest Bubba franks said he thought favre was coming back, then again he would of been booed of the stage if he would of said no.

Latest posts