June 1st - Does Hunt get let go?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have finally found someone who posted some conversation about Cletidus Hunt.

Here's the Link - Show HUNT the Door

One thing about Ted Thompson is his actions speak volumes about his ability, and his actions thus far seem to point to the fact that he is an unemotional realist.

Losing Wahle, Rivera, and Sharper proves that point. All three were big names within the Packer organization, and yet the only criteria that Ted Thompson looked at was the "value-to-price" ratio with their talent level being the only thing in judgment. Their prices were higher than their value in Ted Thompson

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said elsewhere that the additional cost for Kampmann can be made up by cutting Hunt after 1 June. I think the final cut will be appropriate as he will be on the street without his contract lucky to get NFL minimum one year deal. We could have him cheaper in March 06 or later if he wanted to play. Yes we pay next year but we are paying for Smoking Joe Johnson, Too Small Jamal, and Darren Shakes Sharper this year. We are at about 10% dead cap.

I wish the new defensive coaching staff a lot of luck that they can have the light bulb in his brain turn on. Making him play 2nd string in August might work. Perhaps Mr. Thompson's conversation with Hunt's agent Jimmy Sexton will have Jimmy get a message across.
Packer fans want him to succeed. The scepticism is this is the same guy who showed up at the combine with dope in his system.

If James Lee and Cullen Jenkins and the rookie we have yet to draft have great camps cutting Hunt is likely.

Will this light the bulb in Peterson's brain?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if the Packers cut Hunt this year. We let Wahle and Sharper go when they were due a roster bonus last month. Hunt was also due a $1 million roster bonus last month, and the Packers paid it minus the $250,000 for missing the workouts. If the Packers were planning on getting rid of Hunt, I don't think they would have paid him the roster bonus he got last month. I could be wrong, but I don't see the sense of paying him a roster bonus if they are planning on cutting him.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
^^^good point.

Hunt will be playing next season.
Well then - He'd better throw the Bong water away... and start running laps around Lambeau and Green Bay itself to get back in shape. He was wasted space last year and missed tons of tackles out there on the line. I'm looking forward to the next couple of Jim Bates interviews....

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
You forget Vonnie Holliday was paid such a bonus. He went elsewhere for a lower offer.

If I recall correctly, the Packers offered Vonnie a contract extension before the last year of his contract and he turned it down because he thought he could get more. He became an unrestricted free agent the next year after having an injury plagued season, and signed a lower offer with the Chiefs because no one wanted to offer him big money after his injury and down year. He wasn't in the middle of a contract like Hunt when he left, and he wasn't due a roster bonus like Hunt was because Holliday's contract was already up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts