June 1st Cuts.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has there been any talk of potential June 1st Cuts. Who may get cut?

After June 1st its almost like a whole new FA period.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe that the Roman workout thing is over blown since we don't know for sure if he showed up in previous years....I'd have to believe that they would want to keep him because he adds depth to the position, unless Atari Bigby will beat him out.......June 1st cuts are getting less and less due to the structure of today's contracts with roster bonuses pushed forward by agents so that their clients will have more of an opportunity to sign some where else

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait until we see if Roman shows up at mini-camps. That should tell whether he plans to really make an issue of his situation.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he doesnt show up for the mini camps(mandatory ones) then the money he doesnt have is going to be going away, day....by.......day.

he'll show.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Roman will be traded by the end of day one of the draft if not before.

It has nothing to do with the voluntary workouts, rather a very strained relationship with Schottenheimer (who certainly sucks as a DB coach) and what happened in the days leading up to his firing in 2004.

I liked some of the coaching hires and was neutral on others, but I can tell you that hiring Kurt Schottenheimer as the Secondary was a mistake when Sherman hired him -- resulting in the Mike McKenzie revolt and exit to N.O. followed by the worst pass defense in the league in 2004. Sherman was right to fire him.

The only reason the guy works in the NFL is because of cronyism -- because of who his brother is.

McCarthy is repeating a major mistake made by Sherman, and it will now cost the team Roman -- who at worst would have made a very good backup.

Hopefully T.T. is smart enough to get some value for him. I know from insiders that several teams have inquired about his availablity

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce, what do you think we can get for Roman? I like the idea of trading him a lot! lol I think he's more valuable as getting draft picks then he is on the field. I just really don't know what we can get for him. Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder? Whatcha think?

The Raiders might pick him up. I think they picked up one of our old cast off Safeties before lol

I agree about Kurt too. I liked the firing and disappointed by the hiring. Hopefully Bob Sanders can install a Defense that even he can't mess up.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Roman gets traded most likely its going to be during training camp...how many trades of players do you hear about during the draft?...not many, so I'll stick with what usually happens...it's unfortunate that year after year I hear comments about trading players during the offseason like we are playing Madden, it doesn't work that way...granted I would have to agree with u as far as what I want, but it's unlikely to happen...IMO....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no,tabo, some people here are older and mature, and know the score. they have relatives who are friends of nfl players, so THEY know how it works. :roll:

lol

sorry! I couldnt help it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
no,tabo, some people here are older and mature, and know the score. they have relatives who are friends of nfl players, so THEY know how it works. :roll:

lol

sorry! I couldnt help it.

Who told you Brett was my dad? That was not supposed to get out!

We will sign one impressive June 1st that will surprise everyone err every Packer fan in a positive way.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on you know if we make a signing somebody in this forum isn't going to like it (I won't list names..lol..) then demand TT to get fired...(I think Sherman is a member under a secret identity...lol)

Reaction score
tabojc03 said:
I think Sherman is a member under a secret identity...lol)

:shock: .... Come to think about it, lol honestly thats the best explination for that certain poster. Wow, I have been looking for an insider all along, and might have had one under my nose the whole time! :lol:

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I think Mark Roman could be on his way out... especially if he doesn't start the workout program..
The workout program is optional.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Mark Roman will be traded by the end of day one of the It has nothing to do with the voluntary workouts, rather a very strained relationship with Schottenheimer (who certainly sucks as a DB coach) and what happened in the days leading up to his firing in 2004.

I liked some of the coaching hires and was neutral on others, but I can tell you that hiring Kurt Schottenheimer as the Secondary was a mistake when Sherman hired him -- resulting in the Mike McKenzie revolt and exit to N.O. followed by the worst pass defense in the league in 2004. Sherman was right to fire him.

The only reason the guy works in the NFL is because of cronyism -- because of who his brother is.

McCarthy is repeating a major mistake made by Sherman, and it will now cost the team Roman -- who at worst would have made a very good backup.

Hopefully T.T. is smart enough to get some value for him. I know from insiders that several teams have inquired about his availablity

OK Bruce; you don't like Schottenheimer and I have to admit I'm no fan either, but with whom do you replace him? Also, what's the big deal with keeping Roman? He has not always performed up to par and that may well be due to the system, but I believe the Pack has a number of good repalcements for him already on the team and certainly may pick one up long before training camp comes around. :-?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
Bruce said:
Mark Roman will be traded by the end of day one of the It has nothing to do with the voluntary workouts, rather a very strained relationship with Schottenheimer (who certainly sucks as a DB coach) and what happened in the days leading up to his firing in 2004.

OK Bruce; you don't like Schottenheimer and I have to admit I'm no fan either, but with whom do you replace him? Also, what's the big deal with keeping Roman? He has not always performed up to par and that may well be due to the system, but I believe the Pack has a number of good repalcements for him already on the team and certainly may pick one up long before training camp comes around. :-?

There are many better Defensive Backfield Coaches available --and there were even more at the time Schottenheimer was signed.

I think there is no doubt that he will be replaced by someone on the roster. I also would not be shocked to see the Packers draft Huff -- who is in my book the highest rated safety coming out of college since Ronnie Lott.

Actually tabojc03, draft day (and the days leading up to the draft) is a common time for players to be traded. Of course there are no guarentees, but I know Houston, Dallas and New Orleans have all expressed some interest.

Zero: I think you have it pegged about right -- a 5th or 6th and a conditional pick in next years draft (depending upon playing time and performance).

BTW if you boys are trying to be funny or trying to drive me away with your silly little comments -- you're not (funny that is) and you might eventually be successful on the second -- who needs the irritation?