Julian Peterson

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahags just signed Julian to a contract:

7 years $54 million
$10M cap in 2006
$18.5 signing bonus

Thanks Uncle Ted for being a tight ***. I'm sure we can find a couple good linebackers in the draft to fill out the roster, who haven't blown their Achilles tendon.

That contract is crazier than what Washington gave Randle "wish I were good enough to be a 2nd wide receiver" El.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must be missing something here. In one sentence you call TT a tightass, and in the very next you say the contract is crazy. (EDIT: I just realized you actually WERE thanking him! LOL, my bad - I swear it looked like you were being sarcastic there). That IS a ridiculous contract, especially for a guy that blew out his achilles 2 years ago and may NEVER be the same. TT only would have brought Peterson in at the right price, and I think it's very smart to pass this guy up for that kind of money.

On a side note, I was listening to sports radio on the way into work today and they were talking about the Patriots. You know, the team that gets lauded day in and day out for being such a smart franchise? Well, they were talking about how the Patriots and Belichick typically aren't active in the first week to 10 days of free agency because players are over-priced in that period and what they look for is VALUE. Remind us of anyone?? Hmm..oh yeah, that tightwad guy.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmm, LL...sometimes SARCASM is lost in the written word....but then again, you figured it out.

Crazy-*** money...glad we have TT so as to avoid these idiot contracts.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Ummmm, LL...sometimes SARCASM is lost in the written word....but then again, you figured it out.

Crazy-*** money...glad we have TT so as to avoid these idiot contracts.

Yeah, especially when it starts off with "Uncle Ted" and tight ***. Those are terms that are used A LOT on these boards..and mostly by the people that don't like him, so it was easy to immediately take it that way. ;)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Don't get all caught up in the contract postings, most of this contracts are 1 - 3 year deals in which those huge signing bonuses are never going to be paid. This headlines are usually the agents trying to look good in the press, but when you look at the contract they are paper tigers.

OP
OP
D

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is pretty safe to say that I think TT is doing a good job, but then again, I do live in probably the most conservative state in the country. Sorry for the confusion boys!

Actually the free agent market is pretty weak this year and maybe our money is best spent locking up our own players who we feel show promise. I wish Javon would just shut up and let Uncle Ted show him the money! What a dumba$$.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
Wow... $10 million this year? Mmmk then, thanks for dodging another bullet TT!

WOW! there are still some good OLB FAs out there, thank god.

BUT 10 mil! YIKES!

I think THATS the reason the losing team in the superbowl never makes it back to the playoffs, they go crazy with the checkbook after getting a lil taste of the superbowl and they mess up bigtime.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lolol now that they don't have TT managing them they won't ever get back to the Superbowl because they spend like the Vikings! hahahahaha

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lolol now that they don't have TT managing them they won't ever get back to the Superbowl because they spend like the Vikings! hahahahaha

I was thinking that! Look what theyve done now. they got hutch back for a LOOOOT of money, and now this unreal contract.

TT really did make them a good team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
GakkofNorway said:

I was thinking that! Look what theyve done now. they got hutch back for a LOOOOT of money, and now this unreal contract.

TT really did make them a good team.

They let Hutchison go to the vikes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did they? I swore i heard they kept him and matched it. Well that works too. Now it is easier to mock the vikes management with their NFL record setting offersheet. Losers.

thanks depack

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man this hurts i really wanted peterson but for that kind of money ill get over it. lol

Members online

Latest posts