JT the Brick and Chris Landry wiegh in Woodson and the draft

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
JT is a host of a National Sports Radio show at night and Chris runs his own Scouting Consulting business where he scouts NFL and College personnel for NFL teams and help Universities and NFL teams in their Coaching evaluations and Searches.

JT started out as a radio announcer for Oakland he said and was there when Woodson came in...He agrees that Oakland was not going to pay him what he wanted for the UNDERACHIEVING he did for them. He said the guy has all the talent in the world, but just could not get it going. He then went on to say that a change of scenery and being able to play a true corner will help him. He thinks the injuries he has had is slowing him down but it was still a good pick up.

As far as the draft, both of them fell that D' Ferg WILL NOT BE THERE AT 5. They both fell that Hawk will be there and the Pack will do very well picking him. A caller from Milwaukee ( no not me) called in and asked about trading down to get more picks. Chris said he does not foresee TT doing that at all. Chris went on to say how some strange things could happen and D' Fergy slips to 5 the Packers will have a tough choice, in either him or Hawk.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this does happen I would be very happy with D'Brickashaw Ferguson to help protect Brett !!!

WORTH NOTING: Considered by many the top offensive lineman in the country ... Outland Trophy candidate ... preseason first-team All-American ... mentioned as a possible first round NFL draft pick last spring, but he decided to return to UVa for his senior season ... made a big move last year in a breakout campaign ... put on more than 30 pounds from the year before and is now starting to grow into his body ... didn't turn 21 until just before last season's bowl game ... earned first-team All-ACC honors for the first time to become UVa's first all-conference tackle since 1998 ... has started every game of his career (39), the longest streak by a UVa left tackle since All-American Jim Dombrowski started a record 45 games in a row from 1982-85 ... with luck he could be the first offensive lineman in school history to start 50 games ... is only the second player (along with 1992 first-round draft pick Ray Roberts) in school history to start three bowl games at left tackle and one of only nine offensive linemen to start as many as three bowl games ...joins RT Brad Butler as the only offensive linemen to start every game the last two seasons.

HONORS: 2004--Named a fourth-team All-American by CollegeSportsReport.com ... first-team All-ACC ...ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week following UVa's game against Clemson (Oct. 11) ... first-team All-State by the Virginia Sports Information Directors Association and by the Roanoke Times ... received the Speed Elliott Award as UVa's Most Improved Player. 2003--ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his play against Western Michigan on Sept. 13 ... ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his play vs. North Carolina on Oct. 4.

2002--Freshman All-America Team by Scripps/Football Writers Association of America ... first-team Freshman All-American by The Sporting News ... first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballnews.com ... honorable mention Freshman All-American by Rivals.com ... ACC All-Freshman Team by The Sporting News

AT VIRGINIA: 2004--Increased size and strength helped him have a breakout season with the ACC's most improved offense ... went from 265 pounds the previous season to 295 ... started every game for the third year in a row ...exceptional all season ... very durable ...played all but about 20 plays ... had an "outstanding" overall performance in the 30-10 win over Clemson according to Al Groh as UVa rushed for 239 yards and gained 464 yards of total offense ...the 464 yards of offense are UVa's most ever against Clemson, while the 239 yards on the ground are second-most ...UVa led the ACC in rushing offense (242.8), total offense (423.4), first downs (264) and fewest sacks allowed (16) ... Virginia's 112.6-yard improvement in the rushing game was the second-best improvement in ACC history, as well as the second-best improvement in the nation behind Michigan State (141.1) ... lettered.

2003--Started for the second year in a row at left tackle ... started all 13 games ... two-time ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honoree ... graded out at 94 percent in the 59-16 win at Western Michigan in the season's third game to win for the first time ... the Cavaliers rushed for 217 yards, their second-best output of the season ... didn't allow a sack despite being matched against Jason Babin, the nation's fourth-leading sacker and a first-round NFL draft pick ... honored by the ACC a second time after compiling a 90-percent grade in his best game of the season against North Carolina ... didn't allow a sack and helped pave the way as the ground game gained a season-high 229 yards ... earned his second letter.

2002--Installed as the starter at left tackle in training camp and remained there the entire season ... earned freshman All-America honors... became UVa's first true freshman to start on the offensive line in the season opener ... set a school record with 14 starts ... one of four offensive players to start every game ... played all but about 15 snaps during the season ... was frequently matched against bigger and older players, but he held up well throughout the season ... had one of his best performances in the win over #22 N.C. State ...was a "key cog in the running game" according to Al Groh as the Cavaliers gained 197 yards on the ground ... didn't allow a sack or pressure in passing situations against the ACC's top defense ... overall Virginia gained 346 yards of offense, 37 more than the Wolfpack's average coming into the game ... was tremendous in the win over West Virginia in the Continental Tire Bowl as the Cavaliers accumulated 391 yards of offense and averaged 6.3 yards per play ... lettered.

HIGH SCHOOL: Outstanding two-way lineman for coach Russ Cellan at Freeport High School ... SuperPrep All-American ... PrepStar All-American ... rated by SuperPrep as the top offensive lineman in New York and the state's #2 player behind fellow UVa newcomer Kwakou Robinson ... #26 guard in nation by Rivals.com ... #30 offensive lineman in the nation by SuperPrep ... ranked as the fifth-best offensive lineman in the East region by PrepStar ... Prep Football Report's #35 player in the East region ... received the Thorp Award as Nassau County's top player ... is the first lineman to win the award since 1979 ... Newsday All-State honoree ... recorded 55 tackles, six sacks, and eight quarterback hurries as a defensive end his senior year ... three-year starter.

PERSONAL: D'Brickashaw Montgomery Ferguson ... born 12-10-83 in New York, N.Y. ... son of Rhunette and Edwin Ferguson ... has a brother, Edwin, Jr., who graduated from UVa in 2001 ... religious studies major.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is gettin D'crazy

we dont need a freakin tackle, and were not moving lineman around, stick to the new scheme and hope it works better. this would be the biggest wasted pick ever if we take him..... i would be D'pissed, sign a guy at your 5th pick in the draft and have him sit for at least 2 seasons barring any injury. come on i think were way way way better off gettin hawk or davis.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, Chamuko. The guy is a violent player that relishes dishing out the hurt.

Sets the tone for an entire defense...plus he just reeks of being a TT kind of guy.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: JT the Brick and Chris Landry wiegh in Woodson and the d

digsthepack said:
Agreed, Chamuko. The guy is a violent player that relishes dishing out the hurt.

Sets the tone for an entire defense...plus he just reeks of being a TT kind of guy.

Gotta get Hawk. "Dishing out the dirt?" Olive alert!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

DePack said:
digsthepack said:

Gotta get Hawk. "Dishing out the dirt?" Olive alert!

that would mean his g/f would be around Gb too :p

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk would give our defense the attitude that its been lacking--he is just a remarkably tough player

That said, our signing of Woodson decreases the need for TT to hit a 'home run' with this pick and bring in someone who will ignite this defense right away

Mario Williams is still my top choice, I dont think we get a sniff of him, so for me its AJ Hawk, I still want him, we would have a great linebacking core...as for D'Brick and Vernon Davis, I don't think they're all areas of great need, D'Brick could be a good pick if Tauscher's ready to move over to guard this soon,

Saturday will be interesting to say the least

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
we dont need a freakin tackle, and were not moving lineman around, stick to the new scheme and hope it works better. this would be the biggest wasted pick ever if we take him..... i would be D'pissed, sign a guy at your 5th pick in the draft and have him sit for at least 2 seasons barring any injury. come on i think were way way way better off gettin hawk or davis.

The Packers do need a tackle. Look at the depth behind the starters. Klemm is in the final year of his contract. Having Ferguson learn the Offense by playing Guard while being the OT of the future would be great.

Ferguson is at the top of my draft board. Hawk is #2. Williams #4 and Bush is #5. The Texans should take Ferguson #1 as he is not only the best propect he is a good fit for them.

The first round pick should be a starter. Williams isn't with the Packers.
Some time soon the Packers will need a good OT. Once Barry is cut he is out of football.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Packnic said:
this is gettin D'crazy

If you watch some film of D'Brick you will see alot of similarities of a guy we lost 2 years ago, Wahle. I believe he could play guard without alot of issues in the NFL.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JavonWalker084 said:
AJ Hawk would give our defense the attitude that its been lacking--he is just a remarkably tough player

That said, our signing of Woodson decreases the need for TT to hit a 'home run' with this pick and bring in someone who will ignite this defense right away

Mario Williams is still my top choice, I dont think we get a sniff of him, so for me its AJ Hawk, I still want him, we would have a great linebacking core...as for D'Brick and Vernon Davis, I don't think they're all areas of great need, D'Brick could be a good pick if Tauscher's ready to move over to guard this soon,

Saturday will be interesting to say the least

No...We still need to hit a home run with the #5 pick. If we blow this pick it will haunt us for a long time.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
No...We still need to hit a home run with the #5 pick. If we blow this pick it will haunt us for a long time.

I didn't do a good job explaining there, by hitting a home run i meant...a home run from an '06 standpoint, someone who can come in and make an impact right away...i still want AJ Hawk, but we can get someone who could take time to develop, Vernon Davis or D'Brick...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JavonWalker084 said:
DePack said:

I didn't do a good job explaining there, by hitting a home run i meant...a home run from an '06 standpoint, someone who can come in and make an impact right away...i still want AJ Hawk, but we can get someone who could take time to develop, Vernon Davis or D'Brick...

Gotcha!

Members online