Josh Sitton blasts the Lions - WOW

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, I don't. I think that based on the game stats, that the Lions locked the real Packers in the visitor's locker room and dressed up The Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother in Green and Gold, and well the rest is as they say... history. The Sisters just could not mount an offensive drive.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Question, have the Packers ever had that Enforcer type player who teams knew( if you do my guy) you might get your guy (Done) dirty maybe? borderline..? but the fear of retaliation/ when you cheap shot our guy…...

Reaction score
I don't think the Packers as an organization should be calling other teams scumbags. In the year where Suh had the stomp, Charles Woodson had also punched someone on national television during a game. He then opens his mouth about Suh. Regardless of your opinion of Woodson, it cannot be improved from that sequence.

This year. #89 on your team. During a kickoff. The other team is returning it, #89 is on a block. The play ends. #89 is still engaged in a block, and he sees there's someone on the ground behind the guy blocking him. The guy blocking him lets up because the play is over and #89 shoves him backwards.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers as an organization should be calling other teams scumbags. In the year where Suh had the stomp, Charles Woodson had also punched someone on national television during a game. He then opens his mouth about Suh. Regardless of your opinion of Woodson, it cannot be improved from that sequence.

This year. #89 on your team. During a kickoff. The other team is returning it, #89 is on a block. The play ends. #89 is still engaged in a block, and he sees there's someone on the ground behind the guy blocking him. The guy blocking him lets up because the play is over and #89 shoves him backwards.

The organization DIDN'T. One player did on a radio talk show - a player with the same temprament as the Lion's own #51. Granted, he should have shut up, but that would be a first. However, a fan of the Lions has a ton of balls coming in here and saying stuff like "he pushed him". The Lions track record under "The Schwartz" runs a whole lot deeper than just the crap they've pulled against the Packers ... which by-and-large has been limited to a bunch of stupid guys with no discipline acting like the kids they are.

Frankly, thus far, Packers haven't been suspended for playing dirty. Lions have.

Now, congratulations on your victory but your services are no longer needed here.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Question, have the Packers ever had that Enforcer type player who teams knew( if you do my guy) you might get your guy (Done) dirty maybe? borderline..? but the fear of retaliation/ when you cheap shot our guy…...

Frankly, in the Forrest Gregg years ... it was all of 'emn...hahaha... beyond that, the only guy that comes to mind is Wayne Simmons.

Reaction score
The organization DIDN'T. One player did on a radio talk show - a player with the same temprament as the Lion's own #51. Granted, he should have shut up, but that would be a first. However, a fan of the Lions has a ton of balls coming in here and saying stuff like "he pushed him". The Lions track record under "The Schwartz" runs a whole lot deeper than just the crap they've pulled against the Packers ... which by-and-large has been limited to a bunch of stupid guys with no discipline acting like the kids they are.

Frankly, thus far, Packers haven't been suspended for playing dirty. Lions have.

Now, congratulations on your victory but your services are no longer needed here.

It's a widespread sentiment that the Lions are dirty. Couldn't I also say it's just a few players?

I'm not here to gloat because I had nothing to do with the outcome. Neither did any of you. And neither did any of you have anything to do with #71's comments. But then I read post after post of you guys talking, the one thing within your control, and I felt that some context was needed.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's a widespread sentiment that the Lions are dirty. Couldn't I also say it's just a few players?

Yeah ... you could ... and you should. I don't have @ss for the Lions or their fans. Truly ... it IS just a few players that push that envelope and I'm not talking about a little pushin' and shovin' after the play, or downfield tripping and all the things that have always been a part of the game ... hell, even eye gouging and groin pulling in pile ups ... all part of the game until they get caught, you know? I'm talking about the over the top stuff .... like reaching for a pizza box ... :)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah ... you could ... and you should. I don't have @ss for the Lions or their fans. Truly ... it IS just a few players that push that envelope and I'm not talking about a little pushin' and shovin' after the play, or downfield tripping and all the things that have always been a part of the game ... hell, even eye gouging and groin pulling in pile ups ... all part of the game until they get caught, you know? I'm talking about the over the top stuff .... like reaching for a pizza box ... :)
I think we need a few eye gougers.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to call out Sitton for his comments before the game. I thought they weren't very smart but hey. After the game however, him sticking by his words I do have a problem with. The Packers just got their butts handed to them by Detroit and Detroit didn't play dirty. They just beat them at the LOS play after play. Sitton should just have eaten his crow and shut up afterwords. He didn't and that's what I have a problem with.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really think Sitton's comments were a factor in this colossal defeat?

No, not really, but if you're going to talk trash, you should have the balls to back it up. I hate mouthy players. I especially hate when they're mouthy for no reason and don't back it up with their play. While I don't disagree with Sitton's comments, I prefer he just shut up and play, as opposed to talk trash and get his *** beat.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, not really, but if you're going to talk trash, you should have the balls to back it up. I hate mouthy players. I especially hate when they're mouthy for no reason and don't back it up with their play. While I don't disagree with Sitton's comments, I prefer he just shut up and play, as opposed to talk trash and get his *** beat.
He had plenty of company.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts