1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Jones wants out of Green Bay.....

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Pokerbrat2000, May 21, 2019.

1. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    It's not fundamentally different from someone saying "if King continues to be fragile, then..."

2. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Except one is continuing along the same path and the other isn't. ;) Honestly, I keep thinking about Sam Shields and his concussion issues when I think about King and his shoulder.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Kevin King and his potential, but my fear is that his shoulder(s) just aren't going to hold up, its been a chronic condition for him, dating back a long time and I just don't know how that changes. Let's hope it does, we all want the same thing.

3. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    nothing is proven until they've done it long time. otherwise there are million things that derail a career. i've seen enough of him and they way he plays when healthy, the kid can play and play well. if Patrick mahomes blows out knee and is never the same, was he bad pick? They did take a bit of a risk on the shoulder, but it's what your left with at every single point in the draft. There is hardly a sure fire pick anywhere at any point. Lots of players have injuries in college and are picked very high, Nick bosa anyone?

They're all risks. King can play, he's already shown it. he just needs to stay healthy.

4. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Jamal Williams is decent.

From a talent perspective, Jones is a top tier back. It's obvious statistically, and on tape.

5. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    I guess you and I have a different definition of "decent". I would define it in regards to NFL talent, as being above average or good.

I would label Jamal Williams as just an average RB, who still has a lot to prove in his 3rd year.

Jones top tier? Could be, but I will believe it once he has enough carries to prove it.

6. PackFan2

PackFan2 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Was anyone at the OTA? Other than what info is reported, I didn't hear much on the special teams unit. Did y'all see who took return reps?

7. Heyjoe4

Heyjoe4 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Trade him? Who would trade for him?
    Agreed, except Randall could actually play. Jones has shown nothing.

8. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    We can always try to pick up a late rounder. But in the end it just may be time to move on.
    It truly is a good point that if Brice and Whitehead came off the bench ahead of Jones, he’s likely expendable. It might just be the best thing to put the distractions behind us.

I’d trade him to an NFC North team, he could actually be more beneficial taking up space elsewhere :tup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, when I hear decent, I think of average.

My reasoning is when somebody says that something is decent, they're usually not being positive, or negative. Generally if I think something/somebody is good, I say it's good, not decent.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    That’s a decent way to look at it. Good should clearly be better than decent or it’s not a decent example of how good can be. Just my Opinion tho.. there’s a decent chance I’m wrong about this..and that ain’t good.
    PS. I showed this to my coworker and she said “that’s actually a decent explanation”. True story!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. weeds

weeds Fiber deprived old guy.

Packer Fan Since:
    He'd do a whole lot better if he'd "respectfully beg for" a trade. I doubt we could trade him far a bag of mouth guards.

12. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

What a crybaby.

Too much competition for him at safety, so rather than trying to earn his way back onto the field by working for it, he wants out.

No team needs a guy like that.

13. LetzBreel

LetzBreel Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Pretty simple. This situation calls for the wise ways of Vince Lombardi. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out. Bye, Bye and good luck.

14. LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi Cheesehead

Does anyone know the plan with Tramon? Are they playing him at safety or corner? Or both? And are they even planning to keep him?

15. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    CB.

16. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    I would say that was a decent explanation of why we disagreed. ;)

There is no doubt that Aaron Jones has the potential to be an above average RB and that could go from a scale of 6-9. But he will have to stay healthy, be given more carries and damn it....."stay off the pot".

17. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    just playing a bit of devils advocate here, just as i had a look on the espn site for the story

i realise that rob demovski is regarded very highly by most, if not all, here. but he only has a source, that he has quoted.

some here have said that jones has made his thoughts and actions public, but i saw no quote directly from him, he has only not turned up for OTA's, which are from what i know voluntary. but i'm assuming pretty much every fit player will turn up for these? unless they have a good reason.
    he left the preseason programme to go and train in florida, is this unusual? he may just have wanted to train in some warmer climate.

even MLF's comment that he's letting Gutey deal with it, doesn't really confirm the rumour, but admitedly doesn't sound good in my perspective.

don't get me wrong, if what has been reported is true, then F*** the guy off, if he's not willing to fight for his place, then he has no place on my team

18. G0P4ckG0

G0P4ckG0 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Good riddance. If the Packers can't find a trade partner by the end of the month, release him outright. There is no point in keeping someone employed if they don't want to be employee by your organization. He will be a cancer in the locker room otherwise

19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Josh Bynes or Manti Te'o most likely are the best inside linebackers currently available in free agency.

The Packers should actually put him on the did not report list and fine him if he doesn't show up for mandatory minicamp and training camp. The only scenario in which he should be released before the cut down to 53 is if he ends up being a locker room cancer after practicing again.

Jones could have convinced them there was no reason to upgrade the position by performing at a decent level. Obviously he didn't use his chances.

It seems Jones has stated that he doesn't plan on working hard to receive playing time in Pettine's defense. Therefore the Packers shouldn't consider him for a roster spot this season no matter the position.

The Packers had the 29th pick in this draft but Thompson thought it was a smart idea to trade back into the second round to select King instead of picking Watt. That was obviously a mistake.

I highly doubt any team would have been interested in trading a late rounder for Jones before he decided to skip OTAs. Now there's not a chance in my opinion.

While OTAs are voluntary close to all players show up for them. Jones definitely has performed at a level good enough to justify sitting out any practices.

20. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    To be fair, a good number of people thought it was a good idea to trade back and get King AND Beigel in that draft. I was worried about King and thought Beigel had the work ethic and talent to be a pretty good situational guy. This is why I don't work for an NFL team LOL.

I was also worried about Watt. So far he's been by far the more productive player and it's not even close. But part of me see's major injuries in his career as I tend to think his physical stature has help in building that. That tends to take a toll as the body ages. I could be wrong and I don't want to make accusations but for some reason I think torn pec's, patellar tendons, etc are in his future. They usually start to take their toll around the time of contracts too. I was worried about that for us. But so far, who wouldn't want 20 sacks on their team in a player's first 2 years. I'd say that's a smidge better than the guy who's always injured and a camp cut.

21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    There were a lot of people advocating for the Packers to draft Watt who ended up being upset that Thompson traded back into the second round to select King.

It's too long ago for me to remember which side I supported though ;)

22. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    oh i know a lot of people wanted Watt, he was a WI boy. There was a lot to like about him too.

23. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    At the end of the day, we're all guessing.

Except me. I'm just good at it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    Neither of these comments are relevant to what I said in the first place.

25. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    he hinted his frustration on that youtube/radio/podcast show he was on weekly during last season. it's no longer a rumor. many players have commented on it now. the head coach has commented on it. no one's being coy about it.

• Informative Informative x 1