Josh Jones wants out of Green Bay.....

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Josh Jones is visiting the Detroit Lions today. They can have as much of our leftovers as they want.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is they just want to pick his brain on how the Packers defense works because he was disgruntled.

Jokes on them. If he understood how the defense worked, he wojld still be on the team.

H

HardRightEdge

Word is they just want to pick his brain on how the Packers defense works because he was disgruntled.

Jokes on them. If he understood how the defense worked, he wojld still be on the team.
Kinda like the Packers signing Dejon Allen. :sleep:

Jones had previous visits with the Vikings and the Bills. So far, two missed paychecks. It's a cautionary tale. If you ask for a trade you better be a good enough football player to draw a 7th. round pick when your current salary is that low. Otherwise, there's a good chance you'll clear waivers and end up on the street.

As a side note, some recent starters are also still on the street: Perry and Brice. Anybody else?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Hey come on man, Mr Mustard might have been responsible for the win against the Bears after the Packers picked his brain clean and then cut him! :devilish:
Wouldn't that be Colonel Mustard...with the playbook...in the conservatory?

H

HardRightEdge

Packers public facing offices are in the Atrium I believe.
The atrium is kinda like a conservatory, but if I said "atrium" the reference to "Clue" might have been too subtle. Besides, you wouldn't actually have that meeting in a public facing space. Maybe we should take a poll. ;)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"Big" surprise. Josh Jones was signed to the Cowboys PS today. Wonder how long they will have him under the bright lights to pick his brain about the Packers?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

"Big" surprise. Josh Jones was signed to the Cowboys PS today. Wonder how long they will have him under the bright lights to pick his brain about the Packers?

Cowboys: What can you tell us?
Jones: If I was football-smart I'd still be on a roster.
Cowboys: OK, here's your $6,000 for the week and thanks for nothing.

Seriously, though, it does seem they need some help with safety depth.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Their backup Safety and ST player, Frazier is out for the season. And Xavier Woods is battling injuries. Might have been a genuine signing, but timing makes it very suspicious.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actual image of them picking his brain

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax with cutting down jones, not a fan of him but really, no need to make it personal when you don't even know the guy.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Relax with cutting down jones, not a fan of him but really, no need to make it personal when you don't even know the guy.

Relax, its called sarcasm and if you haven't noticed, a few of us are full it. Well full of something anyway. Nobody was actually seriously saying he has a hot dog for a *****.

If you can't take a joke, just tell the team you don't want to play with them anymore.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This dude seriously might have wrote his own pro football obituary, just like I suggested could result from his actions a couple months ago.

This isn’t personal, I’m just saying he doesn’t seem to be extremely bright to have handled things the way that he did.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax, its called sarcasm and if you haven't noticed, a few of us are full it. Well full of something anyway. Nobody was actually seriously saying he has a hot dog for a *****.

If you can't take a joke, just tell the team you don't want to play with them anymore.

I'm relaxed and I do know jokes. Once you start joking about peoples brains etc, it is too far. He's a man, probably a father, show some respect. Not a fan of Jones, cost himself a job, talking like he was a starter but the hot dog thing is a lil bit too much. I doubt you would find that cool in a classroom. I don't like what he did, he was a Packer, I'm cool with jokes, lets move on. No need to cut him down like he some evil guy in a personal way.

H

HardRightEdge

We know some things about Jones.

We know he was dumb enough to demand a trade and then not show up to optional OTAs as though he was a player with some particular value, wildly overplaying a weak hand. Whatever value he did have decreased by virtue of the demand and no-show.

With that demand he went from a developmental player with a good size/athleticism quotient but poor football IQ/instincts to the same but with an attitude issue and exagerated sense of self-importance.

The irony is that with injuries and performance issues at ILB, Amos is taking a fair number of snaps at ILB in the nickel hybrid role with Redmond taking uninspiring snaps at SS in Amos' stead. Over the first 4 weeks, Redmond's defensive snaps have been sequentially 0, 12, 27 and 26, getting on the field when Greene went down. Throw in 58 special teams snaps for Redmond.

Jones got bent out of shape with the Amos and Savage acquisitions. Here's a different picture that might help explain things:

Those Redmond snaps could have been Jones' snaps if kept his mouth shut, went to work, and elevated his game a little. It would only have needed to be a little given Redmond's underwhelming performance. Instead, he missed 4 game checks and an opportunity to prove up his potential; he enters week 5 getting probably the minumum $8,000 game check as a practice squad player, and for however long that lasts.

H

HardRightEdge

No need to cut him down like he some evil guy in a personal way.
I don't think he's evil. It's a business. I happen to think his business decision was emotion-driven and stupid to go along with a poor football IQ. He might be a great guy once you get to know him. ;)

Reaction score
I don't think he's evil. It's a business. I happen to think his business decision was emotion-driven and stupid to go along with a poor football IQ. He might be a great guy once you get to know him. ;)
I just think he’s a bit self centered, like many of us when in our 20’s. Heck, some get worse and never learn, bringing misfortune on their backs repeatedly.

Unfortunately, it often takes a dose of reality like this. I wish him the best.. just not Sunday or in the playoffs ;)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think Jones was set to make slightly over $1.05M this year (and next), if he made the Packers 53. Instead, he opted to open his mouth and complaind. As a result, he was not given many reps (if any?) in preseason and released. Now he could potentially make $100K with Cowboys, if he sticks around the whole season.

Like HRE said, his self worth was way over valued. Had he kept his mouth shut and put in the work, he might have had a prominent role in this defense. Instead, he missed paychecks for 4 games and ends of on a PS.

If nothing else, he might serve as a good cautionary tale for some of the younger players whose ego's might get the better of them if they don't keep it in check.

Members online

Latest posts