1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Jordy questionable for sunday?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Ceodore, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4731/jordy-nelson

Didn't realize he was hurt. Could be the return of DD.

2. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I'm hoping the emergence of Jarrett Boykin. Either way one of them and Finley will have to step up.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    He just tweaked it. Not sure what they will do with him Sunday but not too worried about it. Rodgers is still going to torch Jacksonville. Might be better to just sit him just in case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Another Packers name that either starts or ends with a J?
    What's up with all these names with the letter J in them?
    And who do we play?
    The Jacksonville Jaguars.
    Oh noes! It's a conspiracy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,466
    I'll hope that the coaching and medical staff knows best, and knows Nelson's specific injury better than all of us. That said, if there is any potential to make it worse, I would rather sit Jordy against Jacksonville. Different story if we were playing the Giants or Bears.

• Like Like x 1
  6. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    It's getting uglier every week. Donald, play the game of your life.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +190
    This is would be a blow. I'd advocate resting him and using Jones, Cobb, Driver, and Boykin. You kept Driver "just in case," well, "just in case" has happened. To have Jordy pop his hamstring in a game that we should win by 3 touchdowns would be foolish.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    It's Donald Driver.
    Not Jermichael Finley.
    So why the worry?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    We have very talented receivers, yes. Losing Jordy for the game would suck, yes. But, what we need to remember is that we have a quarterback that makes all of our receivers play better by throwing them open. Whoever steps up, Rodgers will help lift them.

10. MLB

MLB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    Yep!

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Jordy is out today

12. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Yep. Say hello to Boykin!!!

Let's say theoretically: What if Boykin does extremely well... Would that automatically end Jennings chances of coming back to Green Bay?

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    No, Jennings could sign a 1 yr deal and re enter FA the next year after putting up good numbers. It's a possibility but it depends how the rest of the season goes

14. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Personally, I don't think Jennings would like that. Unlike Finley who did that, Jennings is getting "old"

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Yeah I think it's doubtful but wouldn't rule it out.

I'd say 20% chance he is on the team next season

16. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I really hope he comes back though.. I would give it a 50% if we make the Super Bowl

17. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,137
  18. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    I actually don't agree with you on the Super Bowl. Jennings already has a ring, at this point in his career it is more about long term deals a guaranteed money. A chance at another Super Bowl ring (especially if he gets another one this year like you are saying) means nothing. If he remains injured and teams are afraid to give him big bucks and a long term deal, THEN he would take the one year deal with the Pack. Yes a super bowl might have something to do with the one year deal being signed but the bigger part would be trying to put up big numbers (whether the Packers win or lose) so he can get a long term deal with big bucks during the 2014 off season. He would be more likely to sign a one year deal with the Packers knowing that he has and can put up big numbers in their offense as opposed to the Redskins or Dolphins who are more of an unknown. Again this would only happen if teams do not offer him the big bucks during this off season.

19. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I disagree haha. After 2 superbowls, a dynasty would form. Jennings could make a lot more money off of ads, etc.

20. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The following players have been declared as inactive for today’s Packers-Jaguars game at Lambeau Field.
    [​IMG]Green Bay Packers
    21 DB Charles Woodson
    30 FB John Kuhn
    37 CB Sam Shields
    53 LB Nick Perry
    85 WR Greg Jennings
    87 WR Jordy Nelson

21. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +190
    I don't think Boykin has any real impact on Jennings sticking around after the season. Jennings probably wants top-5 money. He probably deserves it. If that is what the market will bear for his services, he's gone to whoever will throw the most money at him.

With him being injured, it's possible (likely) the market will be depressed. TT probably has a number in mind that he is willing to pay for Jennings. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll play out like that ala James Jones.

Assuming both Jennings and Driver are gone next year, we'd still have Jones, Nelson, and Cobb as the top three. That's pretty good. Boykin should make a huge improvement from year 1 -> 2 (though exactly what his ceiling is remains to be seen.) It's all but a given TT takes a receiver in the top 3 rounds and just like that, the position is restocked. Not quite as good top to bottom as this year and last year, but still quite good.