Jordy on the pup

How Concerned are you about Jordy Nelson?

• Serious Concern

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Concern

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Some Concern

• Minimal Concern

• No Concern

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
mkonyn

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must have been some powerful hiccups to cause a knee injury.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's reported as tendinitis in his other knee, not the one he injured last year, due to
overcompensating for rehabbing his injury from last year. It's been estimated that
he may miss the first two weeks of camp, but is not considered serious and since
we have an early start he should still have a few weeks to prepare for the regular
season.

Reaction score

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope they would keep most of their starters out of preseason no matter what. However Jordy is expected to be cleared sometime during training camp. Figured there is no need to panic until they give us a reason, just take it at face value.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordy's injury was just a hiccup he would at least be practicing. Same for the other guys on the PUP list. If they had minor injuries they would be practicing and skipping meaningless preseason games. When it comes to injuries you can count on the Packers to understate the seriousness of them. Problem is Lucy has pulled the football too many times away front Charlie Brown. The PUP list tells the story not the same excuses and denials.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordy's injury was just a hiccup he would at least be practicing. Same for the other guys on the PUP list. If they had minor injuries they would be practicing and skipping meaningless preseason games. When it comes to injuries you can count on the Packers to understate the seriousness of them. Problem is Lucy has pulled the football too many times away front Charlie Brown. The PUP list tells the story not the same excuses and denials.
Rest it a few weeks should be fine.

Reaction score
Oh I don't know. I think the story gets some sensationalism because of the obvious focus on him recently.
95% of the players in the league we wouldn't even be having a discussion about it. But because it's Jordy? Now we're reading he's injury prone, he's getting old, he doesn't heal. That's a bunch of BS. Maybe after another few years thats arguable but he'll be chest bumping AR 12" in the air in a few weeks.
Lots of over reaction by media experts Just my opinion

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just means he will be a bit rusty and a little slower. Hopefully it's nothing too bad that get worse and not better.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's absolutely no reason for the Packers to risk Nelson's health in meaningless training camp practices. He's a seasoned veteran who should be able to get on the same page with Rodgers extremely fast. I like the team being cautious with him at this point.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he can play with tendinitis (if that in fact is what's wrong)? Is it just a pain management sort of thing?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had tendinitis and cleared up with rest. It was during off season. The pain was manageable and i could have easily played through it

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows, the Packers aren't going to tell us anything, it's too early to care too much, and we'll find out later. It's a concern because he's a great player that was missed last year. But there really isn't much to take from this story. It "could" be a lot of things. It could be because he's been training too hard in his drive to get back and over did it. It could be he's had an underlying issue in that knee that is just now flaring up, maybe he did just tweak it, it swelled and it will be better in 3 days. Maybe his biomechanics have been subtly changed because of the other knee and that is causing this issue? What does it mean? Does it matter? Last year he was looking and feeling great, landed wrong on a high pass and that was all she wrote. In the past he's had bursitis, pulled hammy, diagnosed with nerve damage in knee, and a strained PCL in the knee and sometimes missed games, sometimes didn't.

Things hurt, it's football, they train pretty much year round so having something hurt now isn't uncommon. keeping a star player coming off of surgery, in a season where you have an extra game and week of TC, who has been training hard all offseason, off the practice field for a week or 2 isn't really a big deal either. I guess it gives us something to talk about, but someone who is completely healthy will go down for the year and someone that is always injured will play in every game. It's football.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-packers-had-hiccup-left-knee-no-table-return

Not a fantastic start. Hopefully it's just a small issue and the coaches took it as a way to keep him out of the preseason.

you want to keep a guy out of the preseason you keep him out. You don't have to make up reasons to do it. Healthy guys with no injury issues need to be available to practice even if they are held out occasionally as a precaution so they shouldn't be on the PUP list. Guys with some injury concerns go on the PUP list whether the concerns are serious or just precautionary. I think some people read way too much into the pre season PUP list.

If they are injured why would they be practicing. The whole idea of not practicing is to let the injuries heal. Players get hurt and aggravate injuries in practice too so just keeping them out of preseason games isn't the only answer. These 6 guys have injuries that would prevent them from practicing right now so why not put them on the PUP list. That way, IF the injuries keep them from being ready on opening day they can be placed on the regular season PUP list. If any of these guys were not on the PUP list now and they practiced even 1 time and the injury flared up the regular season PUP list would not be an option. They are placed on the list now to keep it as an option later. Otherwise yeah, they could just sit out of practice until they were ready.

OP
OP
mkonyn

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is tendonitis he should be fine. Usually the inflammation can be handled with cortisone and some rest.

The problem with tendonitis is theres no real recovery schedule. It's just whenever the pain subsides. If it doesn't go away it will require surgery.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is tendonitis he should be fine. Usually the inflammation can be handled with cortisone and some rest.

The problem with tendonitis is theres no real recovery schedule. It's just whenever the pain subsides. If it doesn't go away it will require surgery.

hopefully it's just a bad case of flatulence! I mean who wants to hear a WD fart as he runs routes?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty difficult to make judgements about injuries that are unknown. The Packers' medical staff knows what it's doing, imo.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of players are PUPed this time of year. Fans blow these things WIDELY out of proportion. Zero concern coming from me. He'll be fine.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of players are PUPed this time of year. Fans blow these things WIDELY out of proportion. Zero concern coming from me. He'll be fine.

I wouldn't be concerned either with Jordy on PUP or not playing in the preseason.
What does concern me is a 31 yr old WR coming off a serious injury and surgery that caused him to miss an entire season. No guarantee that he'll be the same guy.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned either with Jordy on PUP or not playing in the preseason.
What does concern me is a 31 yr old WR coming off a serious injury and surgery that caused him to miss an entire season. No guarantee that he'll be the same guy.

I'm pretty sure we would have addressed the WR position a lot better via draft/FA if they didn't think Jordy could return to form. They took the age thing and the "can he come back from this" into consideration I assure you. So I trust the process. There is zero reason to be alarmed or worried right now. If we get into week 1 and Jordy isn't playing or isn't 100%? Then lets have this discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts