Jordy Nelson

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone think after tonight's performance Jordy Nelson can be next years number 2 WR?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly. He was quite good but had a couple of key drops. I'm not quite ready to think about next year yet, though. For now I want to savor this victory.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am mixed on this guy. He had some key drops and some key catches... Will have to see how next year shapes up in the draft and training camp.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to be in front of James Jones. How many game changing drops has James Jones dropped this post season?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was frustrated by Nelson, Jones and Swain tonight. Rodgers put some nice throws up and you didnt step up.

Rodger crapped the bed a few time too by not putting the ball were it needed to be, but you guys were under far less defensive pressure.

I am concerned if DD retires!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*YAWN*
Here we go again....
Example:
Make 5 game winning TDs earlier in the season... Dude is an awesome superstar!

Drop 2 passes that don't really matter. Fire the bum!

dieautobot

Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered
Reaction score
fire both of them. Swain and Nelson. pathetic, especially in a superbowl. disgusted. we won, but barely due to these knuckleheads.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jordy can step in and cover Drivers spot very well, he has had a lot of key first downs throughout the entire post season and overall has been very consistant through this winning streak of theirs. He just never put together runs for a "big game" yardage wise and goes under the radar in my mind.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he did score a TD.
If he hadn't scored the Stealers would be steeling the Lombardi steel instead.
So cut the guy some slack.
Not every player can be perfect on every single play.

L

Lunchboxer

Yes and No. He had several drops but he made some good catches too.

But put him in front of Jones for sure.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand some of the previous posts.

I do like Jones and Nelson. But this is the biggest stage in the NFL and you didnt show up?

Please explain?

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is the bigger worry for me, to often his drops are when he has first touch and gets both hands on the ball, and in my mind, those are much worse.

Jordy can be a great serviceable receiver for us for years, never needing big money but always being a good team work horse. Not everyone can be the #1

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Nelson as the Robert Brooks/Antonio Freeman to Greg Jennings-Stirling Sharpe.

I agree that Jones needs to step it up and prove he's worth a contract...Idk if he did that tonight...he dropped a sure TD in the 3rd QB for sure

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, he should have been the #2 most of this year. Driver has lost a step and Nelson is better. While I love DD and he's an all-time great Packer he's more of a #3/#4 WR at this stage in his career.

In the end it doesn't really matter a ton due to all the 3 and 4 WR sets they run.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson showed up he had a couple drops but the only one that he should of had he came back the very next play and had a huge gain (bigger than what he would have had). He had a TD and 140 yards recieving. He is a #2 guy and had a very good game with a couple of rough spots, not every reciever can be fitzgerald from two years ago.

dieautobot

Reaction score
anyone could have run that pattern for a touchdown. hell, he had more than a couple TD passes he clearly dropped. some would say, "on purpose". wink wink

i just think any abysmal play or performance in the friggin SUPERBOWL is inexcusable. you can drop 4 or 5 TD passes in regular season.

dieautobot

Reaction score
didn't happen to post his dropped pass numbers or the amount of minutes played. DD was out and none of the other receivers showed up. AA had not choice who to throw to and we depended on Nelson to make plays and he failed. not only did he suck on the world stage, it's the NFL, not college. fire him.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings show up just fine with 2 TD's and 64 yards. I see the lineup next being Jennings, Nelson, Jones/Driver and Finely in there at TE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts