Jones, TT & Moss

CarltonFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are the chances that Jones has been let go or given leave because he had something to do with not getting Moss? Was he more involved then we think in not being able to aquire free agents or do trades ? Has TT been taking more hits thamn he should ?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ted makes the final decisions on all football operations. Any blame or praise falls solely on his shoulders.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
right then i blame TT for not getting Randy Moss.

If you feel the move (or lack of) hurts the team then yes. He is to blame.

However, if you feel the Packers would be just as productive without him, he also deserves the credit.

Two sides to every coin. (ok well MOST coins lol)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
its hard to say but you never know TT could have taken more hits than he should or Jones could be ill like they say

The Packers are calling it "management issues" that came to the surface several months ago and just could no longer be avoided. Would not be suprised if it had to do with Jones trying to get too much into the football process. I have nothing to back that up, of course, its just my opinion.

Reaction score
A person from another site that reported Jones was on thin ice two months ago said the executive committee was never 100% sold on Jones being the right guy, Jones health limiting his abilities (he couldn't travel to away games), and finally some problems between Jones interaction with sponsors (he seemed to snub some sponsors/people) all led to Jones firing.

He doesn't mention Moss or TT anywhere. I'd tend to take his word because he reported this as a probability two months ago, so he obviously knows a thing or two about this situation.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
A person from another site that reported Jones was on thin ice two months ago said the executive committee was never 100% sold on Jones being the right guy, Jones health limiting his abilities (he couldn't travel to away games), and finally some problems between Jones interaction with sponsors (he seemed to snub some sponsors/people) all led to Jones firing.

He doesn't mention Moss or TT anywhere. I'd tend to take his word because he reported this as a probability two months ago, so he obviously knows a thing or two about this situation.

That sounds about right, too. The Packers have to do everything they can for revenue and can't be snubbing sponsors etc etc.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit that due to my age and sarcastic attitude, my first thought was either "drinking or sex." Those two would definitely not stand up to scrutiny in GB. As to his health, these Packer officials knew about his heart problems long before now. So that seems less likely to me. If he didn't kowtow to corporate sponsors, that would be anathema in the NFL where money reigns. However, I trust that the whole truth will never be known.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The REAL reasons will never get out, unless Jones himself opens up.
That of course just keeps the wild speculation going.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard reports that basically it came down to two issues: 1. many in the organization did not like to deal with him, never developing a level of trust and 2. he was/wanted to be too involved in the football operations and kind of ignored the business side.

He was not trusted or liked by a number of employees, board members, and corporate types.

He promoted 2 people to VP positions on the business side, further isolating him from this role and deepening his interest in the football side.

Both of these were red flags for Harlan, who was hesitant to pull the plug during his illness and subsequent recovery, perhaps opening the team up to a messy lawsuit. The timing sucked, but this has been simmering on the back burner for some time.

Members online

Latest posts