Jon Ryan's father passes away

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cry:

The father of Packers’ punter Jon Ryan died today, according to coach Mike McCarthy.

Ryan will talk to family members before determining whether he will punt in the Packers’ game Sunday at Lambeau Field against the New York Jets. If Ryan doesn’t play, McCarthy indicated third-string quarterback Ingle Martin would serve as the team punter.

Bob Ryan had been diagnosed with terminal cancer this past summer. Jon Ryan visited his father in Canada earlier this week when it became clear Bob Ryan’s death was immiment.

:cry:

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061201/PKR01/61201082/1989

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is really too bad. Not from the standpoint that we may lose a punter for a week but because of how it is going to effect Ryan.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the fact that MM has allowed and facilitated the kid getting back to see his Dad on several occasions over the last couple months at the expense of some practice. There are many games in a career, but only one Dad.

gator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the goodness in McCarthy allowing Ryan to spend as much time as possible with his Dad near the end...losing your father is always a traumatic thing--and having the chance to achieve some level of closure is very important....

My condolences go to the Ryans...for what it's worth..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For some reason this really hits me hard, surely no way near as hard as Jon of course. I really feel bad for Jon and hope he does as well as a fatherless son can.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one (and only) way to get Ingle on the playing field.

(Some people here should happy.)

Condolences to the Ryan family.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad for the family. Condolences to his family. I hope they can move on after the funeral. Death is a tough thing to deal with.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about Ryans Dad, but so glad he got to spend sometime with him before his death...Condoleces to his family they will be in my prayers...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think GB has a good support system in place, so the guys will be there for him.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always tough to lose a fellow country boy from the praries.
Must be an emotional year to go from the ultimate high of being a Canadian palying for the GB Packers to losing your dad. I guess it's just like Tiger Woods summed up his year even after all the wins and majors. "For me the year's summed up as a loss"
Sure glad his dad made it out earlier this year

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is incredibly sad. major kudos to mccarthy & the entire packers organization for doing the right thing & letting ryan go visit his dad. i'm so glad he made it to lambeau for a game. i feel his pain & know exactly what he's going thru - it gets worse. hopefully with time, the pain will lessen for he & his family. i'm still waiting for that to happen. :(

Members online

Latest posts