Jolly drug case reopened, could serve up to 20 years in prison

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Goodell's pecking order of pet peeves goes something like this: 1. Guns. 2. Nightclub and Stripclub behavior. 3. Drugs other than marijuana and the usual regimen of cortisone and other painkillers dispensed by the team's physicians.

So it will be hard to tell what he does; codeine isn't what you'd expect in a drug bust; but expect a strong message to be sent in the form of a suspension.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Stats don't tell the entire story. How many times do we have to cover this ground? Ask Aaron Rodgers which line is better. C'MON, MAN?!?!?
I think you are missing the point, which is. That both defense's are playing at a very good level right now. Anyone who thinks the Packers D is the same as it was at the begining of they year is kidding themselves.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point, which is. That both defense's are playing at a very good level right now. Anyone who thinks the Packers D is the same as it was at the begining of they year is kidding themselves.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. All I can go by at this point is how Green Bay played Minnesota's offense in two games - good against the run, but HORRIBLE against Brett Favre. The old boy made it look way, way, WAY to easy and there's nothing to prove - except the loss of Kampmann - that anything would be much different if they play again. Green Bay hasn't faced anybody with a potent offense since they played Tampa (sorry - couldn't resist that one.).

Green Bay is 2-3 against the top 16 according to Sagarin, and they've played the 32nd most difficult schedule, or in layman's terms: The EASIEST schedule in the league. The 32,000 dollar question is whether Green Bay's defense is all that, or if it is more likely the result of an easy schedule.

Don't get me wrong - Green Bay can beat most teams, but not Minnesota. A lot would have to fall Green Bay's way to pull out a win, but let's hope that the playoff gods allow the next meeting to be the NFCCG.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm not so sure about that. All I can go by at this point is how Green Bay played Minnesota's offense in two games - good against the run, but HORRIBLE against Brett Favre. The old boy made it look way, way, WAY to easy and there's nothing to prove - except the loss of Kampmann - that anything would be much different if they play again. Green Bay hasn't faced anybody with a potent offense since they played Tampa (sorry - couldn't resist that one.).

Green Bay is 2-3 against the top 16 according to Sagarin, and they've played the 32nd most difficult schedule, or in layman's terms: The EASIEST schedule in the league. The 32,000 dollar question is whether Green Bay's defense is all that, or if it is more likely the result of an easy schedule.

Don't get me wrong - Green Bay can beat most teams, but not Minnesota. A lot would have to fall Green Bay's way to pull out a win, but let's hope that the playoff gods allow the next meeting to be the NFCCG.

Easy schedule? Let me guess Santa doesn't exist either.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You love to go back to the two games the Packers played against MN but do you truly think the Packers' defense is the same as it was earlier in the year? That's all we're saying. Who knows if these two teams meet again in the postseason if the outcome will be similar = a MN victory. We can talk all day long about but until they play each other again everything else is just conjecture.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense is evolving and far superior to the one that went 4-4. Dom Capers play book has more than double since the last viking game. Vikings only have one player that they have lost to injury, other than that its the same starting line up since they played the Packers.

The Packers however have both starting safety positions healthy and playing, Bigby was not playing and we were picking any decent safety we could off the street at the time. Collins was playing, but playing hurt. I bet BF would get a lot more pressure now that our secondary is solid. Barrnet was not at full strength and Raji was either not playing or only could go for 10 snaps or less in a limited role. Despite losing Kampman our out side LB play has gotten better as our rookies become more like season veterans. Hard to call them rookies when they have played 16 games.

Even with our defenses going head to head, the biggest factor that has changed is our O-line. That by itself changes the whole field position and time of possession game, which the Pack lost badly both times we played. I still say if we had slightly better O-line play the Pack would have won one game at least.

Those sacks put our defense in bad field position a number of times during those games.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you truly think the Packers' defense is the same as it was earlier in the year?

No, and one of the reasons why is the loss of Kampman, as strange as it sounds.

But, what I am eluding to is that no matter how dominant Green Bay's defense appears to be on paper, there is no reason to believe it would fare much better against Minnesota in a third match-up. Because, I'm a stickler for the concept of match-ups in the NFL in that certain teams are built to attack certain types of offenses and defenses. Minnesota happens to be an offense that Green Bay's defense cannot handle. Minny's defense is no match for Green Bay's offense, but they make enough plays to limit Green Bay's potency. The same goes for Minnesota's versus Arizona - bad match-up for the Vikes.

Over the past 19 years, NFC #1 teams have advanced to the Big Dance 14 times; #2 seeds 5 times; #3 seeds once; #4 seeds ZERO; #5 seeds twice (last season Arizona); #6 seeds ZERO.

Green Bay appears like it will be the #5 seed, so there is hope and this is where the match-ups come into play. If the current seeding holds out, which I believe they should, Green Bay and Minny could meet in the divisional round, after Green Bay knocks off Arizona. Arizona will be the #4 seed (#3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5) and my speculation side believes Green Bay matches up brilliantly with Arizona.

However, I have to also point out that Minnesota faces #6, #8 and #9 passing defenses over the final three weeks. Couple that with Minny's recent stagnancy in the running game and there is a decent chance Minny doesn't end up with the #2 seed. Gonna be a great finish to this regular season.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, and one of the reasons why is the loss of Kampman, as strange as it sounds.

But, what I am eluding to is that no matter how dominant Green Bay's defense appears to be on paper, there is no reason to believe it would fare much better against Minnesota in a third match-up. Because, I'm a stickler for the concept of match-ups in the NFL in that certain teams are built to attack certain types of offenses and defenses. Minnesota happens to be an offense that Green Bay's defense cannot handle. Minny's defense is no match for Green Bay's offense, but they make enough plays to limit Green Bay's potency. The same goes for Minnesota's versus Arizona - bad match-up for the Vikes.

Over the past 19 years, NFC #1 teams have advanced to the Big Dance 14 times; #2 seeds 5 times; #3 seeds once; #4 seeds ZERO; #5 seeds twice (last season Arizona); #6 seeds ZERO.

Green Bay appears like it will be the #5 seed, so there is hope and this is where the match-ups come into play. If the current seeding holds out, which I believe they should, Green Bay and Minny could meet in the divisional round, after Green Bay knocks off Arizona. Arizona will be the #4 seed (#3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5) and my speculation side believes Green Bay matches up brilliantly with Arizona.

However, I have to also point out that Minnesota faces #6, #8 and #9 passing defenses over the final three weeks. Couple that with Minny's recent stagnancy in the running game and there is a decent chance Minny doesn't end up with the #2 seed. Gonna be a great finish to this regular season.

If what your saying turns out to be true then that means we will play Arizona two weeks in a row. If this is the case we could end up getting into a rut having focused on the cards for two straight weeks, especially with the second meeting being a playoff game. But nevertheless, if we can manage to pull out a victory and go on to MN then I believe that the tables may turn against BF and even though Kampy and Al are hurt our defense still remains to be sound. our offense has picking up the run game in the past three games with Grants 100+ yard games.

Aaaaand with the changes on our O line the front four of the fetid vikings have much less of a chance of penetration with veteran tackles like Tauscher and Clifton holding them back. With this kind of time Rodgers can make good throws instead of completing passes to himself then throwing interceptions. Personally I think we have a shot at the conference championship against NO or Philly. But who knows, its december...anything could happen

Members online

Latest posts