Jolly drug case reopened, could serve up to 20 years in prison

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, like others, you can hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What's going on in this country when half of fans back a potential felon?

Imagine this country in 50 years - frightening. :unsure:
First of all, a "potential" felon is, until convicted, as good as a common citizen.

And second, the bloodthirst of some is as deplorable as wanting for someone to be ruled innocent for selfish reasons, IMHO.

It's best to thurst the judgment of someone far more qualified and equipped to decide the fate of Jolly, than to form pre-concepts of his actions and condemn him by those.
-
On the case, my concept of the law on "soft" drugs is that it's an agenda of the Tobacco and Liquor Companies. Those products, comproved by scientific research, do as much damage as the infamous Cannabis Sativa, and other "soft" drugs, but are commercialized freely.

Studies in Amsterdan, correct me if I'm wrong, have shown a decrease in sales of liquor and cigarettes, since the legalization of Marijuana.

But that's another issue...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, a "potential" felon is, until convicted, as good as a common citizen.

And second, the bloodthirst of some is as deplorable as wanting for someone to be ruled innocent for selfish reasons, IMHO.

It's best to thurst the judgment of someone far more qualified and equipped to decide the fate of Jolly, than to form pre-concepts of his actions and condemn him by those.
-
On the case, my concept of the law on "soft" drugs is that it's an agenda of the Tobacco and Liquor Companies. Those products, comproved by scientific research, do as much damage as the infamous Cannabis Sativa, and other "soft" drugs, but are commercialized freely.

Studies in Amsterdan, correct me if I'm wrong, have shown a decrease in sales of liquor and cigarettes, since the legalization of Marijuana.

But that's another issue...
that is class "A" narcotic he was busted with but we all know the famous guy gets damn good lawyers for one and a light senence compared to the average joe. Hopefully things will blow over

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, like others, you can hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What's going on in this country when half of fans back a potential felon?

Imagine this country in 50 years - frightening. :unsure:
I doubt it is that serious. It was dropped once wasn't it? Anyway I don't see the guy out there peddling dope like a convicted felon. I do not know the circumstances but guys are abuseing prescription drugs in all walks of life and makeing an example of an NFL player will not change that. Society as a whole is like that anymore.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Misread the article, it was late. Who the hell takes codeine as a recreational drug. Makes me want to puke if I take it. Then I get a massive headache after. Blah. Codeine is basically a form of morphine that is water soluble.

Time to call up the Williams' boys lawyer. Then put jolly in a Vikings jersey when he goes to court. Problem solved.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it is that serious. It was dropped once wasn't it? Anyway I don't see the guy out there peddling dope like a convicted felon. I do not know the circumstances but guys are abuseing prescription drugs in all walks of life and makeing an example of an NFL player will not change that. Society as a whole is like that anymore.

Funny you mention "peddling dope". If proven that Jolly indeed had "at least 200 grams of codeine" in his vehicle (shouldn't that be measured as milliliters?) then you can bet the D.A. will look to have intent to distribute added to this charge.

It's a common occurrence to have purple drank being sold in parking lots of night clubs in the south.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank"]Purple drank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Read the "notable incidents" section of this wiki page to recap the events involving Jolly on the night in question.

Whether Jolly had the narcotic in his possession for personal consumption or otherwise will make no difference if they deem the amount to be consistent intent to distribute, much like marijuana possession becomes a more serious offense when the amount exceeds certain guidelines.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny you mention "peddling dope". If proven that Jolly indeed had "at least 200 grams of codeine" in his vehicle (shouldn't that be measured as milliliters?) then you can bet the D.A. will look to have intent to distribute added to this charge.

It's a common occurrence to have purple drank being sold in parking lots of night clubs in the south.

Purple drank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the "notable incidents" section of this wiki page to recap the events involving Jolly on the night in question.

Whether Jolly had the narcotic in his possession for personal consumption or otherwise will make no difference if they deem the amount to be consistent intent to distribute, much like marijuana possession becomes a more serious offense when the amount exceeds certain guidelines.
Don't know anything about the case but I am sure he would claim for personal use. hate to see the guys career destroyed over it. If he is distributing I hope he serves the average joe's guidlines(jail/prob) and not the star football players guidlines.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Misread the article, it was late. Who the hell takes codeine as a recreational drug. Makes me want to puke if I take it. Then I get a massive headache after. Blah. Codeine is basically a form of morphine that is water soluble.

Time to call up the Williams' boys lawyer. Then put jolly in a Vikings jersey when he goes to court. Problem solved.

HAHA!

Also, Brad Childress just found out Jolly is in trouble with the law, and as we speak he is picking up the phone trying to trade for him. :haha:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You're tripping if you think that senile Pat Williams would start with us. Maybe when he was good for something...

Because last time I checked, we were the #2 D in the NFL, and #2 in Rush D.
Last time I checked the difference between #2, the Packers and #4 the Vikings in rush D was 25 yard over 13 games. That's a whoopin 1.9 yards a game. Or one good run by AP. Let's see were they stand on Monday.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone wonder what will happen to Jolly's future with the Pack? Just by getting the indictment it gives TT more reason to let Jolly go instead of keeping him. Green Bay's roster has no troublemakers whatsoever and the people there would see it as a negative if they had one bad seed. I mean look at what they did to Koren Robinson.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone wonder what will happen to Jolly's future with the Pack? Just by getting the indictment it gives TT more reason to let Jolly go instead of keeping him. Green Bay's roster has no troublemakers whatsoever and the people there would see it as a negative if they had one bad seed. I mean look at what they did to Koren Robinson.
It has nothing to do with "troublemakers". Well, it has, but indirectly. Why would they retain a player that won't play?

I know, I know, Bustin Harrell, but that's another issue.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked the difference between #2, the Packers and #4 the Vikings in rush D was 25 yard over 13 games. That's a whoopin 1.9 yards a game. Or one good run by AP. Let's see were they stand on Monday.
Skol Guy tried to smack talk by saying your DL was much better than ours. Which is blalantly innacurate. If anything, ours is playing better.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Skol Guy tried to smack talk by saying your DL was much better than ours. Which is blalantly innacurate. If anything, ours is playing better.
Yup, playing better alright, so much better the numbers over the last 5 games are staggering.

Packers Defense: Pass-1,037 yards, Rush-317 Total 1,354 yards, 71 points.

Vikings Defense: Pass-995 yards, Rush 373 yards Total 1,368 yards, 69 points.

I just cannot believe how much better the Packers defense is right now over the Vikings. BTW, that averages out to 2.8 yards a game better.

I would have to say they look about the same myself. But that's just me, I could be wrong.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jolly was having a good year and its a bummer to see him go, but how long do exactly will we have him for the rest of this year before he gets charged?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wow them stats are impressive :D
Well they actually are pretty good. Let's break them down.

5 Game average.

Packers: Pass 207 ypg, rush 63 ypg for a 270 total ypg and 14.2 points per game
Vikings: Pass 199 ypg, rush 74 ypg for a 273 total ypg and 13.8 points per game

Now if you take out the worst D performace of the last 5 games you get this.

Packers: (minus Dallas) Pass 196 ypg, rush 64 ypg Total 260 ypg 16 points.
Vikings: (minus Arizona) Pass 178 ypg, rush 65 ypg total 242 ypg 9.75 points.

I looked to see if you would take the worst performance out by category and it really does not change much. The only one it changed significantly was the score for the Packers. If you take out the worst score they gave up then it goes down to 11.75 points per game.

Either way, both teams D are playing at a high level at the moment.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, playing better alright, so much better the numbers over the last 5 games are staggering.

Packers Defense: Pass-1,037 yards, Rush-317 Total 1,354 yards, 71 points.

Vikings Defense: Pass-995 yards, Rush 373 yards Total 1,368 yards, 69 points.

I just cannot believe how much better the Packers defense is right now over the Vikings. BTW, that averages out to 2.8 yards a game better.

I would have to say they look about the same myself. But that's just me, I could be wrong.
So they changed the definition of better?

I didn't say much better, I said Skol Guy implied YOURS was much better.

I did say better, and the numbers are there.

Members online

Latest posts