1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jolly applies for re-instatement

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Feb 11, 2011.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Wow I actualy forgot about Jolly lol. Wow were going to be good next year! NO PACKERS ON MADDEN COVER! lol

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,074
    Has anything even happened with his case? I haven't heard a word about it since the indefinite suspension. At least we know who Lil Wayne will be hanging with on the team.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Jolly settled if I remember correctly.

I am glad he only has 1 year left. He better bust his *ss or no team will pick him up. And please no more headbutts. Man that was stupid.

4. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Does he come back to us?

5. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,074
    The suspension basically paused his contract so that year off contract wise never counted.

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Could they NFL say no to reinstating him?

7. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,074
    They could, but with a first offense they usually reinstate the player.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Thanks for the answer :)

9. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Johnny...

Don't be a douche this time.

That is all.

10. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Hope he comes back. He was a big play maker last season.

11. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    JOLLY JOLLY JOLLY JOLLY JOLLY JOLLY JOLLY. He was the best dlinemen in 09!! I cant wait to see him on the field!!!! The linebackers should have a field day with all the tipped ball falling into their hands and jollys runn stopping we should be improved vs the run nest year. He is a nice pass rusher for a big guy!!!! Any one remember his diving int?

12. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I hope we can make a deal to keep Jenkins. Even though he seems to get injured alot, he is a play maker and puts it all on the field (probably why he gets injured alot i guess)

I would be happy to resign Jenkins and trade Jolly or hell keep both!

Wasnt Pickett kinda pegged as a possible retiree?

13. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgDV38lFgOM]YouTube - Packers Johnny Jolly with an awesome one handed interception[/ame]

14. fatalflaw

fatalflaw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Personally I'd welcome JJolly back! So who hasn't made mistakes in his life? Jolly gets a year suspension yet Bart only gets like a $5 fine for texting pictures of his weiner?? NFL has no sense of fairness.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fatalflaw

fatalflaw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    DAMN RIGHT! Plus I like your prof picture!!:happy0005:

16. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    First offense and he was genuine with his apology. I thought 1 year was very harsh

17. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    LOL at "texting pictures of his weiner"...

Jolly...I don't know...IF we invite him back you know the ONLY thang purple he will be allowed to drank is Viking blood...:viksux:

18. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    If he comes back, he needs to grow up, like seriously.

Did anyone see the picture he uploaded on Facebook last night? He uploaded a picture of a a lot of stacks of $100 bills on his bed. And I can't remember the remark he made, but it was a cheap shot at the NFL and the fact he's still ballin'. He removed it later because a few people got upset. But yeah, dude needs to grow up, he can be a moron sometimes.

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    His name is fun to say.
    Rolls off the tongue real easily.
    So someone with a name like that should def. be allowed to play again.

20. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Yet another reason to avoid Facebook like the plague.

21. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Anyone who makes Cutler cry can't be all bad, besides i agree that a one year suspension for a first offense was a little unfair. Other first offenders were only given a 4 game suspension.

22. jkrelt

jkrelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    After the SB all the Packers alluded to the same message in their interviews; they talked about the character in the locker room. I think it is important that the Packers have "Packer People' wearing the green and gold. While I do think that Jolly served a very harsh sentence for only possessing codeine, I'm just not convinced that he is worthy of being a packer anymore...especially after that immature Facebook pic. I'm pretty sure that TT has a "no douche bag" policy and Jolly is on thin ice.

But to be fair... I've heard good things about him too. Apparently he adopted a couple of orphaned kids after their mother died. He was good friends with the mother. So on the topic of character, you could argue to keep him or to ditch him.

23. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Whether they give him another chance depends on how his behavior has been this past year. If he's serious about straightening out his life TT will reactivate him. It's entirely up to Jolly. Being a good defensive lineman is not as important as living a good life.

24. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I agree he needs to be 100% on the up&up. The Packers locker room is what won this Super Bowl! No troublemakers+Talent=Winning

• Like Like x 1
  25. Calhoun Lambeau

Calhoun Lambeau Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Johnny Jolly is not going to corrupt and ruin the coaching staff's message by himself. For that to be an issue you have to have a few of those guys around in leadership positions. I'm sure we have a few guys that aren't angels but we don't hear about it. Brandon Underwood has been kind of a pain in the *** in different capacities the last couple of years but he's stayed on.

Coaches can put up with a couple of these guys, winning teams has always had problematic players. It's all about your leadership and young core, and both of those aspects of our team as well intact.

If we need Jolly, if he comes in and can play, he can find a spot. It's a situation where I don't care much either way because I don't know enough to care one way or the other. I don't know Jolly. I would like him back, and hell, we brought him in, and developed him over a span of years. It's not like he popped in for a year and caused problems, we know he can stay out of trouble too.