Join the fight against lockout

whodey1227

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st. I'm a Bengal fan, and I wanted to congratulate you guys on another Super Bowl win. You guys are truly a 1st class organization.
2nd. I want a season next year. I am trying to get fans together and maybe we can come up with a way to pressure both the owners and players to keep working to get a deal done. After all. As fans of the NFL we are the reason all this money is even talked about. Go to facebook and join the group Fans Against Looming Lockout FALL

If we get enough people we can even call each teams head quarters, and generate pressure. It's a different time than 1987. The fans can have say. This costs nothing. The only reason I'm doing it is because I want there to be football. Hope to hear from you.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they hired a mediator yesterday and are starting 7 straight days of negotiations, beginning today. Not sure what else you want them to do.

OP
OP
W

whodey1227

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When that deadline passes I don't want them to go in seperate directions. This is proactive!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
not much we can do honestly. everyone wants this deal done. they just need toput their greed aside and do whats best for the NFL and the players

OP
OP
W

whodey1227

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'm reading the owners have prepared for a lockout. They can go longer than the players. I just want pressure to be non-stop on the owners to keep negotiating.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
wait, if you agree to go to mediation. Does that mean you also agree to abide by the mediators decisions. Or what is the point of mediation?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Honestly, the owners and the players BOTH know that we as fans want to watch football next year. Obviously, this is the case, and they don't need petitions, pickets, or protests to show them that. As such, there's absolutely nothing we can do to make them work any harder, aside from threatening as a country to not watch football ever again if they can't work something out.

This whole disagreement is about the owners and the players. Quite frankly, given the rules of the business world and the way a business is run, the players need a serious attitude adjustment.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mediator just listens and is basically a go between. You have to have an arbitrator who would decide what is fair and would be able to settle the dispute.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeMaurice Smith is the devil. He wants the world x2. Get a fair union rep(if that exists)and we have football w/o problems next season.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the details of the current(old) CBA because all that stuff bores me. But I do know that there's plenty of money to go around in the NFL. How many millions of dollars does one person need ?

I hope the players and owners don't kill the "Golden Goose" like the MLB did in 1994.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the details of the current(old) CBA because all that stuff bores me. But I do know that there's plenty of money to go around in the NFL. How many millions of dollars does one person need ?

I hope the players and owners don't kill the "Golden Goose" like the MLB did in 1994.

I hate when people ask that question. Who are you to place a total value on someone's worth? You should be able to earn as much money as you can. This goes for players, owners and everyone else in the world.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate when people ask that question. Who are you to place a total value on someone's worth? You should be able to earn as much money as you can. This goes for players, owners and everyone else in the world.

QFT

just want to watch football though, they aren't as far apart as either side makes it out to be...whats frustrating is the spin.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never placed a value on someone's worth. I do find the division of wealth in this world distasteful, but that is another story and nothing to do with the NFL or this thread.

OP
OP
W

whodey1227

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on guys. I have no intention of complaining about what anyone makes. This is purely designed to keep the NFL season intact. It's growing - Just join it's easy - Fans Against Looming Lockout

Don't get cocky, but Packer fans are hardcore. That's why I'm trying to get you guys onboard.

Latest posts