1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Join the fight against lockout

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by whodey1227, Feb 18, 2011.

1. whodey1227

whodey1227 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1st. I'm a Bengal fan, and I wanted to congratulate you guys on another Super Bowl win. You guys are truly a 1st class organization.
    2nd. I want a season next year. I am trying to get fans together and maybe we can come up with a way to pressure both the owners and players to keep working to get a deal done. After all. As fans of the NFL we are the reason all this money is even talked about. Go to facebook and join the group Fans Against Looming Lockout FALL

If we get enough people we can even call each teams head quarters, and generate pressure. It's a different time than 1987. The fans can have say. This costs nothing. The only reason I'm doing it is because I want there to be football. Hope to hear from you.

2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Well, they hired a mediator yesterday and are starting 7 straight days of negotiations, beginning today. Not sure what else you want them to do.

3. whodey1227

whodey1227 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When that deadline passes I don't want them to go in seperate directions. This is proactive!

4. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    not much we can do honestly. everyone wants this deal done. they just need toput their greed aside and do whats best for the NFL and the players

5. whodey1227

whodey1227 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From what I'm reading the owners have prepared for a lockout. They can go longer than the players. I just want pressure to be non-stop on the owners to keep negotiating.

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    wait, if you agree to go to mediation. Does that mean you also agree to abide by the mediators decisions. Or what is the point of mediation?

7. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    mediator equals therapist

• Like Like x 1
  8. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Honestly, the owners and the players BOTH know that we as fans want to watch football next year. Obviously, this is the case, and they don't need petitions, pickets, or protests to show them that. As such, there's absolutely nothing we can do to make them work any harder, aside from threatening as a country to not watch football ever again if they can't work something out.

This whole disagreement is about the owners and the players. Quite frankly, given the rules of the business world and the way a business is run, the players need a serious attitude adjustment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    Mediator just listens and is basically a go between. You have to have an arbitrator who would decide what is fair and would be able to settle the dispute.

10. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    DeMaurice Smith is the devil. He wants the world x2. Get a fair union rep(if that exists)and we have football w/o problems next season.

11. Nick 52

Nick 52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't know the details of the current(old) CBA because all that stuff bores me. But I do know that there's plenty of money to go around in the NFL. How many millions of dollars does one person need ?

I hope the players and owners don't kill the "Golden Goose" like the MLB did in 1994.

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I hate when people ask that question. Who are you to place a total value on someone's worth? You should be able to earn as much money as you can. This goes for players, owners and everyone else in the world.

13. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    QFT

just want to watch football though, they aren't as far apart as either side makes it out to be...whats frustrating is the spin.

14. Nick 52

Nick 52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I never placed a value on someone's worth. I do find the division of wealth in this world distasteful, but that is another story and nothing to do with the NFL or this thread.

15. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    thank you for keeping your personal politics out of the forum. :D

16. Nick 52

Nick 52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    You're welcome :icon_wink:

17. whodey1227

whodey1227 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hold on guys. I have no intention of complaining about what anyone makes. This is purely designed to keep the NFL season intact. It's growing - Just join it's easy - Fans Against Looming Lockout

Don't get cocky, but Packer fans are hardcore. That's why I'm trying to get you guys onboard.