Johnny Jolly

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should go into the fruit spreading business.
Johnny Jolly's Jams and Jellies.
Or just:
Jolly's Jelly.

12theTruth

I'm predicting Jolly is in for 25+ plays, has 2 batted balls, 3 QB pressures, 4.5 tackles and one sack. Go Pack!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...me-in-starting-role-b9997444z1-223718741.html

The leading candidates were C.J. Wilson, 6 feet 3 inches and 307 pounds, and Jolly (6-3, 330). Counting playoffs, Wilson had played 1,040 snaps from 2010-'12; Jolly had played 1,888 from 2006-'09 before his career was interrupted by suspension and imprisonment.

It appears that both defensive coordinator Dom Capers and defensive line coach Mike Trgovac decided Jolly had returned to a reasonable facsimile of his 2009 form. That's when he led the unit in snaps (835) and was a pillar of the NFL's No.1-ranked run defense.

"We like Johnny's experience," Trgovac said Friday. "He's been around this defense. He's very aware.

"We like C.J.'s experience, too. They're both very important to us. You can't play everybody.

"Sometimes it's harder to run guys in and out of the game. They get more tired doing that than actually playing. It can be a long way to go."

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Unreal. Hooked on Drugs. Went to Jail. Came back to the team and makes the roster and appears to be better than most our lineman.

Congrats Johnny.

Reaction score
He looked pretty good against the 49ers. He was pressuring the QB frequently and was driving the OL into the backfield. Still got that strength and power!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Congratulations to Mr. Johnny Jolly on winning your starting spot back. I always had faith in you, keep up the good work.
Keep proving your doubters wrong and improving as I believe you can ! :tup:

12theTruth

Go back and watch the interview of Jolly before he was sent away for prison. Johnny Jolly has passion in spades. Johnny had the remorse he just needed the support from friends and family. In subsequent interviews this year it is even more apparent just how integral football is to Johnny Jolly's life and just HOW much he loves the game. Thank God Johnny Jolly had GREAT friends willing to see him through his hard times. Its too bad some in this thread just wanted to kick Johnny Jolly to the curb.

Leads me to further say that I wonder how some after following the preseason had any doubts to Jolly making the roster.

Health permitting the D-line should be a strength all season long. We should be MUCH better at setting the edge with Jolly, D. Jones, and company in 2013.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we all understand this is a controversial issue and we all have our opinions on the matter, please remember to keep your comments or opinions in good taste or make sure they are appropriate or they will be deleted. This post is not directed any any single individual but to all of us.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I may offer my own opinion on the matter, I hope Johnny Jolly as a human being rises above this conflict. We all make mistakes in our life, we all do things we regret. How many second chances has life given us, has our loved ones given us? If the Packers are willing to welcome Jolly back into the Pack family that speaks volumes. Perhaps instead of focusing on his past we should focus on his present and future as a part of our team.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I may offer my own opinion on the matter, I hope Johnny Jolly as a human being rises above this conflict. We all make mistakes in our life, we all do things we regret. How many second chances has life given us, has our loved ones given us?
This story has so many twists and turns, I think it's the reason why I'm so drawn to it. This guy 3 years ago, I thought we would never see him put on a Packer jersey and now he's starting. If he has truly buried his demons, it's the american dream because you are defined in life by how you handle adversity. I hope for nothing but the best for Mr. Jolly and hope that he can keep up the good work.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If I may offer my own opinion on the matter, I hope Johnny Jolly as a human being rises above this conflict. We all make mistakes in our life, we all do things we regret. How many second chances has life given us, has our loved ones given us? If the Packers are willing to welcome Jolly back into the Pack family that speaks volumes. Perhaps instead of focusing on his past we should focus on his present and future as a part of our team.

Excellent comment but am I missing something from my computer ? I can`t see anything offensive here ? I think he`s proved everybody wrong who doubted him. I`m a big supporter of him myself. Just saying.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent comment but am I missing something from my computer ? I can`t see anything offensive here ? I think he`s proved everybody wrong who doubted him. I`m a big supporter of him myself. Just saying.

There were some comments or opinions offered that were questionable to say the least. While there is no harm in debating or discussing it we must keep such comments in good taste. That is not to be said if you disagree or you have something negative to say, it can't be said but the key here is keeping such things appropriate. For instance you can say I disagree with the league reinstating him or the Pack signing him and give your reasons without offending half the forum.

The reason you are not seeing anything offensive is probably because they have been removed.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There were some comments or opinions offered that were questionable to say the least. While there is no harm in debating or discussing it we must keep such comments in good taste. That is not to be said if you disagree or you have something negative to say, it can't be said but the key here is keeping such things appropriate. For instance you can say I disagree with the league reinstating him or the Pack signing him and give your reasons without offending half the forum.

The reason you are not seeing anything offensive is probably because they have been removed.
Thank you for your explanation. I went right through the thread and couldn`t see anything.

Latest posts