Johnny Jolly

D

Dan115

Outside The Lines airing at 2 pm today on ESPN - Johnny Jolly - At one time I thought he was going to be a real force with The Packers. Hard to feel sorry for him.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel for him he's made a bad choice for sure,and he only knows the whys,but at least he isn't afraid to say i made bad choices,friends can do that too you it's a shame he still would have been a beast on the field,just hope and pray he gets better.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I must admit I could care less until I saw the preview yesterday of him with tears all down his face basically crying cause he missed his Packers family. Very sad thing.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the man can get his act together and pass a full year of random drug testing every 2 or 3 months, then he should get another chance.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
That really is a shame. I do feel bad for him. Addiction is something you just can't comprehend until you have one. One would be quick to call him a loser or saying something like "just stop doing it" but it's not that easy.

He more than likely will never play football again, but I hope he gets his life straightened out.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
maybe just maybe this will be the rock bottom for him....lots of people come back from devastating addictions.

But still very sad it had to come to this... :(

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't feel sorry for him. He was given chance after chance after chance... This was deserved.
Yes it was.

A long long time ago, in a state far far away... I too had to spend 3 weeks in jail for posession (for pot). I learned my lesson and don't smoke the stuff anymore. But still, it's hard for me to wish jail time on anyone for a non-violent drug related charge. Drug addiction is not a crime in and of itself, just like alcohol addicton isn't. It's a sickness that should be treated.

I always hoped Jolly would be able to come back and rejoin the team. He had talent. It's a real shame.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for him, but not really.
Sadly, he won't get out til he's too old to take advantage of his ONE GOD-GIVEN ability.
I mean aside from a sport like football, where his size and skillset are worth something, this guy is a piece of crap, to be blunt.

He didn't take advantage of his one God-given ability. And he had more than one extra chance. He'll be in bigger trouble when he gets out. His only chance to make a decent living, and a special high-paying one, has closed.

OP
OP
D

Dan115

Did you see THE Packers wanted Jolly to stay in Green Bay during the off season. They felt it would be better for him. But he went back to Houston.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for him, but not really.
Sadly, he won't get out til he's too old to take advantage of his ONE GOD-GIVEN ability.
I mean aside from a sport like football, where his size and skillset are worth something, this guy is a piece of crap, to be blunt.

He didn't take advantage of his one God-given ability. And he had more than one extra chance. He'll be in bigger trouble when he gets out. His only chance to make a decent living, and a special high-paying one, has closed.
How old is he? Chances are, he won't spend the entire 6 years in prison. He could get out early for good behavior and/or prison over-crowding. He could spend as little as two years in prison, maybe less, then get released on parole. He could work a deal to live in GB and play for the team. Lotsa IFs there but it could happen.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
After two more busts, waiting for his trial for the first one, I just can't feel sorry for him.
One fallback, maybe. Two, nope.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One big problem is that football is all some of these guys have in their life.. take that away and it just spells trouble. I got an idea, how about when a player gets into trouble and gets suspended, instead of them having to stay away from the game and their support, they get put on the practice squad and have to take practice squad pay. They get all the hanging around the team benefits without the big payday and spot light of the game.

Members online

Latest posts