1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Johnny Jolly reinstated, suspension lifted

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by adambr2, Feb 27, 2013.

1. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Ok then, how about deranged, sadistic, vile, slimy, wretched , despicable dog killer. Anyone who gets pleasure from watching a dog being electrocuted has some basic character issues.

2. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +370
    Well first off the word "evil" no longer appears in any post but my own now, and in the quoted material, in the entire thread to this point. I don't remember what post I was referring to since I didn't quote it, and I have no idea of the context it was used in any longer since this was from late Feb - early Mar. That being said:

I think that stating that Vick "got pleasure from watching a dog being electrocuted" is entirely subjective conjecture. But I didn't follow the case closely enough to know if he stated that was his mindset. If he actually admitted as much then I recant my statements. In lieu of such though I whole heartedly disagree with the characterization.

I also still affirm that the characterization is not applicable to Jolly.

3. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Who's Jolly? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,425
    One has to wonder if Jolly wasn't in good enough shape, so he avoided OTAs to get ready for mini-camps. I hope that's not the case because I think that "cramming" your fitness training only leads to injuries especially with big, old guys trying to make a comeback.

We'll all find out this week

6. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +370
    Depends on what sort of recovery techniques he is utilizing as well whether or not he is injury prone in general will also be a factor in his health throughout the season.

7. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Its all on the line for Jolly. He must understand this is his last shot at an easy life. Its bust your but for 3 years and save up a few million, or work as a security guard for $16/hr at the local mall for the rest of your life. Man, every time I see someone Piss away an opportunity to play in the NFL I just scratch my head.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  9. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,837
    He showed up and got on the field. That was the first (tiny) hurdle. He's saying all the right things, that too is about the minimum we should have expected. BTW, IMO the best thing he's said so far about his past problems was "I was a bad man..." But I don't think we should put too much emphasis on any of this: He's got a long, long way to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,425
    I think that McCarthy said it best when he said that this is just minicamp and that we won't know anything about Jolly until training camp. That's two more months of speculation and wonder

11. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,127
    It's hard to disagree with that.

With the Raji/Pickett question marks for 2014, we should hope for the best. One might think said question marks are a big reason why he's been given every chance to make a comeback.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,773
    Welcome back Johnny. Now the ball is in your court, and its up to you to prove yourself to us.

13. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,303
    I know the chances are extremely slim, but if Jolly could not only make the team but recapture his 2009 form as a 3-4 DE and help the Packers win another Super Bowl, what an amazing football story of redemption and triumph it would be. Inspirational Hollywood movie stuff.